Aff vs Demo help

Kind of a long question sorry. First of all what is the best spec overall for demon soul aff or demo. Second i in my demo spec i have the new incinerate build but im wondering about my reforging. Should i go all mastery or get the 1993 haste cap. If i hit the haste cap my mastery is only like 16.5. Any help would be nice as I am tired of flipping around and reading different things on each forum. I would prefer affliction but I will go Demo if its better. Thanks for the help

If you want the incineration build, its only useful on 3 normal bosses and 2 heroic, shadowbolt spec still superior. I suggest reaching the 1579(that right? numbers always seem to change in my head) haste cap and then go with mastery. Until you can maintain about 17-18 mastery with 1993 it isn't always worth it.

As for which spec is better, for one it depends on the fight, but at the same time, it won't really matter cause they all pull very competative dps with each other. That said, Overall if its mostly a pure dps fight Demo wins, tons of adds Affliction wins, but either or they are both good for any fight.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Need more info plz. If you are running 10-man without a demo lock or ele shaman, you need to go Demo for the 10% SP buff (helps both dps and healers).
    Demo is viable for every fight, but for high movement fights or fights with one add, destro and affliction might provide better dps.
    This guide from Paragon recommends Demo for most fights: http://www.paragon.fi/guides/warlock...3-normal-modes
    Use whichever will benefit your raid the most and of course use the spec you are most comfortable with.

Regarding the Incinerate Demo build, I switched back to SB because 1) I was burning too much mana and had to life tap too much and 2) for any fights with adds to dot up/target switching, having a quicker Immolate cast really helps. Immolate build is best for tank-n-spank like Ultraxion.

EJ Demo forums has the specific gear level cut-offs for where you should try for the 1993 haste level (397 i think) before reforging to mastery. Recall that Simcraft assumes one stationary target. Having higher haste as Demo should yield higher dps if a fight has lot of movement or requires you to switch between multiple targets.