Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Hands down for Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows.

Deleted
    Fast five ofc

i like to watch horror movies so i think paranormal activity 3 was the best movie of this year...

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbadxampl View Post
    I, for one, am not. it's going to be an Americanized (read: simplified and sexually toned waaaay down) version of a great book, and a movie I already watched (the Swedish version, with subtitles =/ )

OT: I liked Captain America, and Thor, but LOVED Horrible Bosses
    yeah you are so wrong on your prediction for Girl with the Dragon tattoo I thought it was way better than the Swedish version.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySteve View Post
    Source Code!!
    Yea i saw that just the other day and it was pretty solid movie.

gonna do a little top 5 best and worst of 2011:

Best
    1-Thor
    2-Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol
    3-Captain America
    4-Fast Five
    5-Transformers Dark of the Moon

Worst
    1-Apollo 18
    2-Green Lantern
    3-Sucker Punch
    4-Pirates of the Caribbean 4
    5-Grave Encounters

First post mentioned Sucker Punch and then someone mentioned Conan the Barbarian... Good god people...
    I turned Sucker Punch off within 30 minutes, it was so bad. And I heard it was awesome from an old guildie, never take advice from him again.
    Conan, I recently rented it, it just drug ON AND ON and the lighting was horrible. Probably done on purpose, but it wasn't BAD, it just wasn't GOOD.

Now, X-Men First Class was awesome. Regardless if they "shat all over the franchise". They've been doing that since the first movie. The movie was awesome, the only other super hero film I watched was The Green Lantern. I'd give it a 6.5/10.

The Hangover 2 was okay, not as good as the first one, better than most movies.
    Bad Teacher was a good movie. Enjoyed it quite a bit.
    30 Minutes or Less was great.
    No Strings Attached definitely the best Romantic Comedy of the year, and far better than Friends with Benefits. I liked both though, Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis are both yummy.

I think I'll go with No Strings Attached as my favorite.

I detested Sucker Punch and HP8. I didn't watch Twilight4.

---------- Post added 2011-12-26 at 02:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    Was gonna say this, but was too lazy to google if it came out last year. Also, HP I cried when Snape died.

Too bad they totally botched the scene. Made me so mad, I wanted to leave. But my friends were having no part of that. It was the worst thing about the movie. Besides the last fight scene.
    Actually, the whole movie was one big shit storm, like the rest of the series. They did not do Harry Potter justice. Just so bad. SOOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOSO bad

29 m . I loved Suckerpunch, loved the dream sequence visuals and the way the movie was split/broken, was drunk I think and the chix wre hawt probably helped =p =)

Mission impossible 4 ghost protocol Is the best movie of 2011.I like this movie

"Drive" , really ? Cut the 1st 60 minutes off the movie and you miss nothing, go straight to the scene where the womans head gets blown off in the highway motel and you've missed nothing in 60 minutes, im falling asleep!

---------- Post added 2011-12-26 at 10:10 AM ----------

Drive ? were you people stoned? Crappiest movie ive watched from start to end, what was their movie budget 50bucks ? the dialogue was pathetic, car chases driving trash, didnt even get much romance/love plot developed, and the ending was poor, leave the money? Totally unbelieveable trash movie just lost 90 minutes of my life thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have seen most of the highly rated movies this year.
    My favorites were:

• 50/50
    • Warrior
    • The Tree of Life
    • War Horse
    • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2
    • We Need To Talk About Kevin
    • Hugo
    • The Descendants

As far as acting goes:

Best Male Lead: Joseph Gordon-Levitt for 50/50, Joel Edgerton for Warrior and George Clooney for The Descendants.
    Best Female Lead: Tilda Swinton for We Need To Talk About Kevin and Olivia Colman for Tyrannosaur.
    Best Supporting Male: Alan Rickman for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2, Ezra Miller for We Need To Talk About Kevin, Nick Nolte for Warrior and Brad Pitt for The Tree of Life.
    Best Supporting Female: Anna Kendrick for 50/50, Jessica Chastain for The Tree of Life and Chloë Grace Moretz for Hugo.
    Last edited by Eorayn; 2012-01-20 at 09:33 AM.

Tintin.
    /10 chars

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sherlock Holmes 2! I think that came out in December but I didn't watch it until last week. I thoroughly enjoyed it! Especially the slow motion camera.

I liked Sherlock Holmed alot as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Completely opinionated, but Warrior, by FAR.

Definitely 50/50 for me. Just amazing.

Deleted
    Super 8 - Only winning because honestly, it's the only new movie I've seen lately. It was good but not exaclty a big shocker, I like how they left alot for you to figure out on yourself, until very late in the movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deionara View Post
    "Drive" , really ? Cut the 1st 60 minutes off the movie and you miss nothing, go straight to the scene where the womans head gets blown off in the highway motel and you've missed nothing in 60 minutes, im falling asleep!

Drive ? were you people stoned? Crappiest movie ive watched from start to end, what was their movie budget 50bucks ? the dialogue was pathetic, car chases driving trash, didnt even get much romance/love plot developed, and the ending was poor, leave the money? Totally unbelieveable trash movie just lost 90 minutes of my life thanks.
    And I guess you liked Sucker Punch and Transformers 3?

Drive was one of the year’s best movies. You simply don’t understand the film. The story was fantastic, and Ryan Gosling was brilliant both in the action parts, but also in the emotional parts. Albert Brooks is relentless and Carey Mulligan plays perfectly the innocent love-interest of Driver.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    just go with it, the hangover 2, and bad teacher
    Last edited by Vizardlorde; 2012-01-25 at 10:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deionara View Post

I have a feeling you never played Vice City or didn't like it, it felt like they made the game into a movie.

I'll save you another boring viewing : The American, I really liked it apart from the obvious ending.