Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Best looking encounters ever!

So, I was watching some old videos on the "tube" and I started thinking. "These fights all look awesome!".

So, list your top 3 encounters. The ones you feel are the most visually pleasing.

My list would have to be:

3. Al'Akir (the first time I saw the fight I basically froze, just sitting there thinking "wow, this is just amazing")
    2. Yogg (the brainroom makes me horny)
    1. Algalon (the stuff at the start of the fight and the overall visuals are just made of pure awesomeness)

What's your favourites?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    Mages are balanced. It's just that they aren't balanced for Azeroth.

Deleted
    id go for algalol

Deleted
    Yogg-Saron, Lich King, Deathwing. Yoggys room was pretty epic with the keepers all around. Loved the LKs room as it was on top of the tower and the general atmosphere. Deathwings death was pretty epic cause the maelstrom was a bit of a different spot for a fight as we had to hop around.

Algalon absolutely had the most incredible start to his fight of any boss I can remember. The entire screen distorts and the raid is seemingly transported into a massive scale model of outer space. It's so offensively cool.

Algalon was pretty epic when I saw it for the first time *nods*
    And.. since I'm still a I still love TBC-Kid, I'd go for M'uru/Entropius, Reliquary of Souls and KJ aswell
    ››yeah, here used to be a signature once. I've must lost it somewhere in the twisting nether... still waiting for the mail from the postmaster.

I really liked the Lich King encounter.

Nefarian in BWD was pretty cool, too.

Deleted
    I'll agree Algalon was cool i also liked Mylagos in EoE.

I always felt the original Nefarian fight in BWL was cool - out on that balcony overlooking the Burning Steppes.

Along the same vein is the Lich King, on top of Icecrown out in the open - it was a cool place to fight him.

And really most of the boss rooms/areas in Cataclysm had good artwork/scenery. The settings weren't always specatacular, but there were tons of small details in a good chunk of time.
    "I have a hard on for Alexstrasza and I don't want her to die before I can make her my personal mount in both of her forms"* Jet Zeppelin
    "give Paragon o kick in their face with your fist "

Al'ar for sure. Fight looks visually amazing. I've always been a sucker for the TK encounters.

Deleted
    The Algalon fight. No contest.

Whether you kill him or not, he still wins the fight by inducing the best mindfuck in WoW.

Ok,

Mine:

1) Rag in molten core, My first true raid boss of end game content. (onyxia doesnt count!) loved it.
    2) Nefarion such a long fight and loved it (BWL encounter)
    3) Illiden what a fight this was the whole you are not prepared line.
    4) Algalon, the start of the fight was mind blowing.
    5) Yogg epic!
    6) KJ in swp. such a good fight and very tense and the after RP bit was awesome
    7) Alakir seeing him for the first time made me squeal! :P
    8) Deathwing spine encounter. Coolest intro for a long time! :P the whole fighting on the back of the boss was also very well done and the cut scenese before and after really link me into the story.

Deleted
    Madness currently , and hmm old content , alagon Forsure

Deleted
    The safety dance guy in Naxx.

Helgen the Unclean? Who know. So many funny wipes on that encounter.

Other than that it would have to the Twin Emperor's/C'tun in AQ40. SO much fun watching a raid of level 80's trying to zerg it and realize ... ooh, we still have to use tactics!

Yes, my favorite encounters are generally the ones where you can die with the most Lulz.

LK Heroic .... what do you mean I have been pushed of the ledge? ... Why am I still moving? ... Why am I in Un'goro now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JackWilmslow View Post
    The safety dance guy in Naxx.

Helgen the Unclean? Who know. So many funny wipes on that encounter.

Other than that it would have to the Twin Emperor's/C'tun in AQ40. SO much fun watching a raid of level 80's trying to zerg it and realize ... ooh, we still have to use tactics!

Yes, my favorite encounters are generally the ones where you can die with the most Lulz.

LK Heroic .... what do you mean I have been pushed of the ledge? ... Why am I still moving? ... Why am I in Un'goro now?
    And yet you somehow managed to miss the point of the thread

I vote:

1. Algalon - mindfuck intro and awesomene celestial badassery

2. Vanilla Ragnaros, just because of the nostalgia of the giant room and the giant model and the "Too Soon Executus!"

3. Vanilla Nefarian, because it was a legendary battle on a giant balcony overlooking a detailed view of the Burning Steppes.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2011-12-13 at 06:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Deathwing, including the cinematics
    2. Algalon

Al'akir's fight was awesome, just wished they had given him a proper model and some voice acting.

Nefarian in BWD was a-m-a-z-i-n-g. A generic dragon fight done right! The way you have to manage Nefarian's hp at the same time as Onyxia's, having to damage Nefarian in phase 1 or he will butcher you in phase 3. The lava phase is cool too, not anything too special though, it's phase 1 and 3 that makes this fight. And oh the kiting...

Ragnaros' fight in Firelands made my jaw drop the first time I saw it, awesome visuals, loving the fight, and I'm a Ragnaros fanboy, so yeah.

Malygos' fight made my head fall off the first time, at the time it was unbelievable that the damned platform you fought on would be destroyed, I remember watching it for the first time, just yelling out ''Wha..wha...WHAT!?'', and I've followed every boss fight as soon as it has been released, that part was really where WoW boss fights became awesome.

My favorite encounter though is The Lich King's. No, I'm not one of those Arthas suckers who thinks he is awesome no matter what. I like the Lich King, even though I think they butchered his personality in Wotlk, in ICC he was everything I wanted him to be, he didn't sound like Dr. Claw (atleast not as much as he used to), no puny rocks or some random old dude made him seem whimpy (I take it that The Ashbringer broke Frostmourne, not Tirion). This was also connected to his previous lore. Being taken into Frostmourne is a genious touch, and Defile has grown to be my favorite raid wiper. Valkyrs are generally a nice idea, and the whole 'the peak of Icecrown Citadel collapses around you' feels awesome. Still to this day I enjoy the encounter, and it definately takes the price of being my favorite encounter.

Honorable Mentions are Illidan and Yoggy.

I seem to be one of the only ones who aren't a sucker for Algalon's fight, maybe cause I've never done it, but judging from just reading and watching the only thing that gets me are the visuals. Still, I'm not into all this celestial stuff myself, I'm more into fire and ice.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2011-12-13 at 06:14 PM.

mine must be C'Thun og Sepphiron 40. When we came in there and saw that big dragon got swirrled? together

Illidan, Kil'Jaeden, Lich King, Yogg Saron, Algalon

Deathwing is pretty cool
    Both Rag encounters are also very well done
    One of my top encounters that has not been mentioned would be Gruul I loved that place

Algalon.

/thread

Special mention to Kil'jaeden, though.