Poll: Should our SP (Mikooô/Mickow, namechange) do better dps then he currently does ?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Underperforming shadowpriest

Hello there priest community, I've never posted here nor am I any good with playing SP, tho I've been noticing lately that one of my SPs in my guild is underperforming, by alot. (I'll be linking logs soon so cool your jets)
    Compared to our other SP (has legendary but otherwise worse gear) he's falling behind by loads. Is the legendary staff THAT huge of a dps boost or is he just bad, I mean compared to our other dpsers that are also rocking a few K infront of him, he's last on pretty much every fight...
    I do know that he goofs around at times but his dps isn't acceptable and he doesn't know what he does wrong either (not our other SP either, or he's just too lazy to care), at any rate, pwease assist me and my guild, priestforum :3

Logs: (check DS fights mainly, yes I have forgotten the first boss... all the time)

http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/42621/
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Mickow/simple

Thanks in advance, Blankstage

EDIT: The SP to look at is Mikooô / Mickow (namechanged), he thinks that what affects his DPS is his trinkets, somehow he thinks that Volcano and Quintessence is better than his current ones, would be kind of you could resolve this for him c:
    Last edited by nellpyiwe; 2011-12-13 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Added armory link etc.
    hey all

The legendary is the BiS even now due to its procc.

Deleted
    yeah xD xP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jehovas View Post
    yeah xD xP
    Only controversial posts, please =)
    hey all

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello there Blankie! ^^

I don't know what hes doing wrong since he kinda did better from him when we did FL, Maybe he should he get hit capped instead of being on ~14%
    And DOT up time on bosses really need improvements, and if he get hit he wont miss the dots and it would probably help really much.
    I really think the dot up time is the problem, since it's really low.

But since he doesn't want me to help him with Priest stuff since he "learn on his own" and hes been playing SP longer then me and he doesn't want help from a newbie ^^

http://www.howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?t=946
    Here's a pretty accurate BiS list for your guy, showing what the trinkets are like. Also he passed 6k SP so he can start changing his gems to fit with their colours.
    He's also 2.16% under hit-cap, might wanna get up on those 17.00% this is optional of course, but it depends on whether or not they're fast on re-refreshing dots in case they miss.

Quick points to look at (Data collected from all boss kills and armory)

- Josefina has has over 600 more intellect than Mickow from gear.
    - Josefina has the Legendary and the proc from it accounts for 5.6% of damage done against bosses on kills. A substantial increase in DPS.
    - I'm not sure which of his shadow specs Mickow was running as, but one of them uses the Dispersion glyph rather than SWP, so that is 10% less damage in SWP for Mickow there while Josifina doesn't use the Dispersion glyph.

Now looking at the raid data specifically:

- Josefina used 6 volcanic potions to Mickow's 1. So Josephina has, assuming they were used at points the full duration lies within the boss fight, roughly over 2 additional minutes of 1200 more spell power, which is nothing to scoff at.

- Josefina gets tricks of the trade 26 times to Mickows 1 time. 25 extra times at 6 seconds, again in a perfect situation, is around 2.5 minutes of 15% extra damage that Mickow does not get.

- Josefina has superior dot uptime. VT = 80.7%, SWP = 84.5%, and DP = 81.5%. Meanwhile, Mickow has: VT = 69.3, SWP = 77.4%, and DP = 72.0%

Overall Josinfa, through having the legendary, better gear itemization (600 more int) and getting Tricks of the Trade, should always beat Mickow no matter what he/she does, however, Mickow can improve by more regularly using volcanic potions (Optimally right before the pull, and again later, usually during heroism) and by improving DoT uptime, which is crucial. Also, in most cases the SWP glyph is more important that the dispersion glyph, and Mickow may want to look into switching that, if he/she was using the spec that had the dispersion glyph.

*Edit* Oh and Berserking >>>> Arcane Torrent in terms of dps, pretty significantly as well. So Mickow SHOULD be behind Josephina routinely, just not quite as much as indicated from the logs.
    Last edited by virox3; 2011-12-13 at 07:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems I've misled you with my question, you kind of answered half of it =) The question was WHY is Mickow doing so bad dps, 25k when others are doing about 30, this is not really important though. Just, why is his dps so bad.. I know the rest of us arn't that good.

EDIT: Saw you answered some but I don't know about how priests work all that much, is dots that much of a DPS ?=)
    Last edited by nellpyiwe; 2011-12-13 at 07:09 PM.
    hey all

Looking at your hagara kill, he has a 74.6% up time on SW:P(which is..okay), but only 68% on VT, and 58% on DP. That's rather low.

Checking out Ultraxion, his DP/VT uptime aren't perfect, probably a hit of ~2-3% dps, not that large.

It looks like he's using the wrong pot: Potion of Illusion 2 144.2 49.2 % is probably a decent hit in dps.

His numbers should be around 28-29k in a 5.30 fight.

The other thing is, your losing out on 6.2k DPS because your mage is fire. I think this is a much bigger difference than your spriest.

The why is listed. Just pointing out that Josephina should thoroughly beat Mickow. In the end, he needs to pot more, keep dots up, and, if not using SWP Glyph, use it. Those are the obvious changes looking at the data. I was merely also pointing out that he won't get very close to Josephina doing those things. In the ball park, sure. Oh, and as has been said, he could probably stand to add 1-2% hit.

*Edit* Just saw your edit :P

Dot uptime is huge for Spriests. Specifically in the way dot time and ticks work. If a dot falls off completely, we lose out partial ticks. If we refresh as close to just before it runs out as possible, the tick timer doesn't restart, and it'll lead to the next tick happening at the right time after the last, rather than being delayed during the recast. It's a fairly significant dps increase to keep dots up as much as possible.
    Last edited by virox3; 2011-12-13 at 07:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing isn't that he should beat me, since even I know he shouldn't. But I don't think he should be that low on DPS since I don't remeber I was that low in even worse gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Josefina View Post
    The thing isn't that he should beat me, since even I know he shouldn't. But I don't think he should be that low on DPS since I don't remeber I was that low in even worse gear.
    Oh, completely agree, I just got an overall tone that he should be close to you from the initial post, which realistically isn't feasible, unless you consider close to be around 10-15% under. If I was mistaken in taking the OP to mean that, then you can ignore that aspect of my reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Josefina View Post
    Volcanic Pot, Better dot uptime, and he'll catch up with the rest of the crew.

Like I said earlier though: Your mage is costing you FAR more dps than this shadow could possibly bring. If you guys are really worried about dps - make your mage go arcane. That's worth 6k dps.

Its been said already.... hit too low, he missed 2.3% of his spells on the last ds log. Poor dot uptime. Not using prepotting to boost burst when all cd's are up and then repotting for burn phase when sw:d hits like a truck.

Tell him to reforge properly, practice refreshing dots on the dummys and use some damn potions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    The other thing is, your losing out on 6.2k DPS because your mage is fire. I think this is a much bigger difference than your spriest.
    Can you explain why mage speccing fire (best spec) is a dps loss?

But yea, with his gear level he should probably be doing about 50% more dps (36k seems very reasonable in his gear unless priests are very very bad atm) on a fight like ultraxion10 and baleroc10.

Quote Originally Posted by nellpyiwe View Post
    Seems I've misled you with my question, you kind of answered half of it =) The question was WHY is Mickow doing so bad dps, 25k when others are doing about 30, this is not really important though. Just, why is his dps so bad.. I know the rest of us arn't that good.

EDIT: Saw you answered some but I don't know about how priests work all that much, is dots that much of a DPS ?=)
    Did you want someone to quantify the difference in DPS or something?

REALLY rough estimates here:
    Staff is probably 2k+ DPS difference alone - The 5.2% is just copied dot ticks alone correct?
    Tricks - ~500 DPS
    Volcanic Pot - translate to about 180 Int over the course of the Ultraxion fight - 800-1k DPS?
    Dot uptime on this fight was high and equal for both.
    Maybe he used Disp over SWP Glyph here so another 300-500 DPS loss here (counting the more frequent usage of Dispersion as well.)

Rest we can chalk up to not being as good as Josefina.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpyhooves View Post
    Its been said already.... hit too low, he missed 2.3% of his spells on the last ds log.
    Even with being under 15% hit, he missed 7 spells (no nukes) for a loss of ~9s of DPS time on Ultra. Clicking the button too early will cause more loss DPS time than that. (as a note I still believe in the T11 model of hit capped being not required though sub-15% is lower than I would go nowadays.)
    Last edited by Solia; 2011-12-13 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haitischmock View Post
    http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_D...14/60/default/
    Umm... fire is quite a lot better than arcane in 4.3
    I believe he meant that 6k from the loss in raid DPS from the lack of the buff.

Hi, both of your shadow priests are under performing.
    On a dummy over 5min 50 seconds with 400ms (latency) (shadowfiend just came off cooldown after i finished) I was able to do 21k in my gear (see below)
    Now if we multiply this by 18% (raid buffs 5% crit/5% debuff/5% stats/3% hero-10% uptime)

This ends up being 25k, Bring Flask/Food, Crit->Sfiend shorter CD and Hero for more orbs and shorter Sfiend CD thru fast MF and thats a little more i could do in your raid lineup.

Both your shadowpriests are both under 25k on Hagara. (which has a small windows of extra dmg taken)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Strykie/simple

Also your hunter is stupid for using a wolf when u have a fury warrior in the raid, he should have CoE pet ready to use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strykie View Post
    Hi, both of your shadow priests are under performing.
    On a dummy over 5min 50 seconds with 400ms (latency) (shadowfiend just came off cooldown after i finished) I was able to do 21k in my gear (see below)
    Now if we multiply this by 18% (raid buffs 5% crit/5% debuff/5% stats/3% hero-10% uptime)

This ends up being 25k, Bring Flask/Food, Crit->Sfiend shorter CD and Hero for more orbs and shorter Sfiend CD thru fast MF and thats a little more i could do in your raid lineup.

Both your shadowpriests are both under 25k on Hagara. (which has a small windows of extra dmg taken)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Strykie/simple

Also your hunter is stupid for using a wolf when u have a fury warrior in the raid, he should have CoE pet ready to use.
    Excuse me, but I wouldn't even bother clicking your link. I take it you havn't done hagaraa right ? Since ofcourse you can't compare your nuke to the hagaraa fight, if you want to come close then go check ultraxion at best (my fault for not recording first boss).
    But coming and calling people in my guild underperformers when you're comparing two diffrent kinds of encounters.. just no
    hey all

Quote Originally Posted by Solia View Post
    I believe he meant that 6k from the loss in raid DPS from the lack of the buff.
    Arcane brings 3% increased damage to the entire raid, where fire does not. I believe ret pallies also bring this buff (??). Our mage is currently stuck with arcane for the moment for that very reason, he can't make up the loss in raid dps with the increase fire has on add fights (and decrease on single target fights) as compared to arcane.