Page 1 of 2
LastLast

106 US Servers and counting

There are already 106 US Servers with most of them being High/Full.

http://www.swtor.com/server-status

..Ya this game isnt gonna be popular../sarcasm off

and after reading http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Richard-Vogel having 80k-100k players per server..you do the math.
    Last edited by Diemos; 2011-12-13 at 06:42 PM.

I thought the N/A servers were European?

Deleted
    Hope this game will do good , Bioware <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelsuil View Post
    I thought the N/A servers were European?
    They are indeed EU servers.

Deleted
    and after reading http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Richard-Vogel having 80k-100k players per server..you do the math.
    Using that to say there are 100k people a server won't go down well, that was a stress test on a server, there won't be anywhere near that amount on a live server.
    Btw the NA servers are european.

They are still working on july invites and it does seem like this game is going to be a monster. It's all wild specualtion but 3-4 million players is looking realistic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    They are indeed EU servers.
    Sure is nice being in a place where time doesn't exist.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the EU servers being listed as N/A is a programming bug, should be worked out with a patch update at some point. Saw a tweet about it earlier in the day.

Deleted
    "and after reading http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Richard-Vogel having 80k-100k players per server..you do the math."

I hope you're not implying you think there's 8-10 million players online!

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    Sure is nice being in a place where time doesn't exist.
    Good, more time to play!

15+ Year Old Account
    The servers aren't packing in anything even remotely close to 80,000 right now. At the most extreme pre-order estimation of 4 million, it would only take 50 servers to hold that amount. Considering that a vast majority of people aren't in early access yet and there are that many servers, the true "full" population is safely assumed at being much, much lower than 80,000 due to an artificial cap right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Diop View Post
    "and after reading http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Richard-Vogel having 80k-100k players per server..you do the math."

This and then some...

10+ Year Old Account
    And btw, the status on the server status page seems to conflict with what the server status screen shows in the game itself. According to the server select screen in-game, they are much less populated that shown on the site.

Because a server can hold 80k-100k doesn't mean that the players are actually there, even though there are 106 servers.

By your logic SW:TOR would already have 8,5 million players, which I highly doubt to happen in the first week.

P.S: I'm not implying SW:TOR will never have that amount players.

Quote Originally Posted by Diemos View Post
    ..Ya this game isnt gonna be popular../sarcasm off
    Im not saying it wont, but its too early to say yet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    The servers aren't packing in anything even remotely close to 80,000 right now. At the most extreme pre-order estimation of 4 million, it would only take 50 servers to hold that amount. Considering that a vast majority of people aren't in early access yet and there are that many servers, the true "full" population is safely assumed at being much, much lower than 80,000 due to an artificial cap right now.
    Indeed they may be using the 'full' line to help spread the players out. I.e. with 100 servers let in 200k people but have each server cap at 3000 so you know you won't end up with 50 servers with like 100 people in it and 2-3 with 20k. At each stage they could keep doing this as well, i.e. let 200k more in and raise the cap to 5000, etc.

but that's a guess, just seems like a logical idea to me.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I think that's a very fair guess.

Quote Originally Posted by mordredz View Post
    This and then some...
    I dont know if i believe there are 8 million players online atm, but I do believe this game is gonna be huge! It makes sense that they might not blow up the servers to the limit on "launch"day just to crash and burn. but being in beta and seeing how the server seems to instance the zones per volume of players in it, having 80k players now or in the future per server seems reasonable.

Watching a stream about an hour ago the player went to the server screen and almost all of them were "Light" population. Not sure which is right, but the in-game and website server lists don't even have the same names for the populations.

Is this game using the 'play on US/EU servers regardless of where you bought the game' model that Rift used or are they territory locked like WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by Diop View Post

Sadly he may be.

I could see them saying they support 8 to 10k per server. With instancing they really should all be unlimited, but I haven't seen good server ideas in a long time
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath