Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    7/21 not in.
    =\
    7/21 - 7/27

try to login .. if your not active than i call BS on your pre order redeem date.
    Thanks Caiti for the Signature and Avatar

So I'm guessing around 15% of the total pre-orders got EA today (I saw a breakdown or pre-order numbers/date somewhere earlier).

I redeemed my code late November, sooo I guess I'll be getting about 6 hours early access on the 19th lol

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Fixed that for you
    No, I think people being a little mystified or upset that there is a cutoff so early in the day is legit.

I didn't order till last month so I am not hedging any bets beyond getting to play on the 19th...but I can certainly see why people who ordered earlier would be upset that they would only let in a small population...not have any major launch issues...and then turn around and cut off any further access so early in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    So let me get this right? They said they would do 5 waves of invites. (which they did, and even got a bonus wave in?) This is going to continue till the release of the game. What more do you need to know? why do you need to know exactly who got it? It seems to me people are just butt hurt they didn't get a invite the first day.
    I never expected to get an invite on the first day, I preordered after being impressed by a beta weekend. However, the fact that so few people got in makes me worried about my prospects. I expected to be in by thursday. At this rate I'd be suprised by sunday, which is not ok. They clearly have the hardware to handle letting people in, yet they are making illogical decisions.

It's clear you've decided you want to flame people who aren't amused by what is going on, but I don't think it's going to make you feel much better about yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good too see the wow mentality of bitching hasn't faded away and now followed on too swtor, people get early access and yet still find away to bitch about it.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    I mean numbers of players who got in. What time frames people should expect. Comments that they are giving reasonable effort to get people in as quickly as possible. Instead what you get is a very small number of players getting in and then cutting off invites in the middle of the day. There is no logic and little communcation outside of "Wave X just went out!".
    There is plenty of logic for that. You may not like it, but there is.

If every single player that got in today was invited in the frist wave, login servers would have crashed, corwded starting zones would had given players a bad impresion, laggy starting zones would have made the experience horrible.

Therefore, making it in waves was the best course of action.

Now, they had planned when the waves were going to be launched, but it wasn't written in stone, so they couldn't say it to the public, they knew they will change it in the course of the day.

It was a great launch day.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    the fact that so few people got in .
    Can you give me a number on how many got in?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Not going to feed a troll right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    There is plenty of logic for that. You may not like it, but there is.

If every single player that got in today was invited in the frist wave, login servers would have crashed, corwded starting zones would had given players a bad impresion, laggy starting zones would have made the experience horrible.

Therefore, making it in waves was the best course of action.

Now, they had planned when the waves were going to be launched, but it wasn't written in stone, so they couldn't say it to the public, they knew they will change it in the course of the day.

It was a great launch day.
    I'm not even considering playing TOR for a while, and this speaks volumes of logicalness.
    Moo.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not going to feed a troll right now.
    I take it you CAN'T say how many people have gotten a invite today. This makes your staement of "so few" false.

BTW if you really think i am trolling it is against the rules to call a troll out. You should report me and move on
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Id be willing to bet that a lot of the people bitching and moaning are people who pre-ordered in late November - Early December.

Just sayin

Deleted
    At first, I was a bit let down...

Then I realized, this game wasn't going to release before the 20th. They are letting us all in earlier guys, be happy.

They stopped invites, because in the coming hours when people who, you know, HAVE JOBS, get home they will all be logging in. They are probably smart and realize that only half the people that have been invited are actually on. They want to watch and see how the servers react in the coming hours. The hours that are called peak hours for a reason.

As for the streaming people complaining servers are empty, again, wait for peak hours.

As others have said, you have NO IDEA how man e-mails were sent, or how many will be logging in when they get off work. Depending on how it goes this evening will tell them how many they can release tomorrow.

Quit complaining they are not letting enough in. We are all lucky they are letting ANY in today. They could have not let anyone in until the 20th and all they ever promised until recently was the 15th. Carry-on with your life and play when you can.

15+ Year Old Account
    And again. There is a 50+ page thread where people have been talking about getting in or not on the various waves. Use that thread.