Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I don't think greed gives you a role bonus over everybody else in the raid though.
    Probably has to do with the fact that if it`s your main spec, you roll need and get a bonus over people who roll greed, as off spec. Calling that unfair is as good as saying someone`s terrible off spec > some great geared persons main spec that`s a big upgrade.

Not that people care, they roll on w/e they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Even with Expertise it's an upgrade over 378 rings until they get something better. Plus Expertise can be reforged to something more useful. Should they need on it? Not if there is somewhere there who would benefit but if not an upgrade is an upgrade.
    So did the Robe of Glowing Stone over any available 378 robe available in addition to having no other alternative in any difficulty except the tier piece for non-spirit clothies, as Robes of Searing Shadow does is not a drop but a valor piece and is 30 intellect behind the aforementioned piece : /

or remove the ring with expertise on it from the hunter loot :

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    Where was this, you know, a few days ago when 2 bows and the agi polearm dropped off Madness, the DK tank took the polearm and the rogues took the bows, leaving the 3 hunters extremely POd?
    The bow from madness is shit anyways. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    Probably has to do with the fact that if it`s your main spec, you roll need and get a bonus over people who roll greed, as off spec. Calling that unfair is as good as saying someone`s terrible off spec > some great geared persons main spec that`s a big upgrade.

Not that people care, they roll on w/e they can.
    Oh I came to conclusion people are rolling need for vendor spec these days. I don't even think the system is checking if you already have the item unlike 5 man dungeons to auto-pass.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Does someone know, whether I can roll on items I already have? Or will this be blocked now?

Now if they just threw Unique on all of the items so that you can't loot it more than once, made it so that you can't DE them and make them worth 0 gold to the Vendors. Then you might not get as many people needing just to be @#%&'s. But then everyone would QQ about that too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivirus View Post
    Did you read the post at all? The item restriction change is to make double-damn sure people don't get loot they shouldn't be able to roll on over the class that should use it. Souldrinker is a tank weapon despite dps having been able to roll on it with the bonus. Blizzard was just late to the game in getting these restrictions live, considering I've lost three Souldrinkers on two tanks, two to rogues and one to a death knight.

These restrictions should have been in place before 4.3 even went live, and should be applied to LFD.
    I've lost it to warrior and paladin, both dps, so this change does not help me whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I don't think greed gives you a role bonus over everybody else in the raid though.
    Yeah do you really need a role bonus on an off-spec? If you're rolling for off-spec shouldn't those who need it get the role bonus and win it over you?

I'm not sure why they didn't do this in the first place. They have this class only type deal for a lot of the gear already. You think this would have been the first thing they implemented.

sooooo hunters can no longer DW an AP Agility axe, gg blizz, tho i guess im mists it wont mater anyway

Random thought, Blizz can know what your highest stat is (for trinkets and things) so why can't they base the roll bonus off of that.... They would have to take a snapshot of your gear during a fight or something to stop people from queuing with different gear on or something but it seems like it wouldn't be that hard.

Am I missing something or was it pointless making all those items like that, just the DW items should have been done like that. They should make it by stats who can roll, like a warrior being able to roll on a agi polearm is dumb and so on. Just looks like they went through a lot of trouble changing the items when they could have easily edited the need/greeding to only work with beneficial stats for classes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaulien View Post
    I would like to know how it's about SOULDRINKER?
    Is it considered as tanking weapon or dps weapon? Because honestly draining hp is more for tanks, BUT last week some dps won the roll WITH role bonus in LFR.
    I am confused, any ideas?
    Yeap. It is both for tanks and dps. Because there is the damage bonus to it makes it viable to frost dks and Fury one hand builds. If the dps was rogue, he just gained some gold instead...

But no, it's not a pure dps/tank weapon.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by similarion View Post
    Doesn't fix the problem with people ninja-ing stuff for off-specs?
    It's one step closer. At least DK/Warriors/Paladins can't steal the Agility axe and vice versa for rogues/hunters taking the Strength sword. I'm sure next they will implement bonus rolls only for specific specs on specific items. Hopefully soon, but I can live with this for now.

10+ Year Old Account
    This really doesn't stop cat druids from taking sp gear, but oh well. It's a step forward.

Pal/Sham tears on official forumsso deliciousin seriousness, the change for off-hand items does kind of suck for them, but i can see what blizzard is trying to do there. and the change overall is a step in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaulien View Post
    I've lost it to warrior and paladin, both dps, so this change does not help me whatsoever.
    same with warr and pala tank rolling need on the 2 hander and wwinning it
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2011-12-13 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    Am I missing something or was it pointless making all those items like that, just the DW items should have been done like that. They should make it by stats who can roll, like a warrior being able to roll on a agi polearm is dumb and so on. Just looks like they went through a lot of trouble changing the items when they could have easily edited the need/greeding to only work with beneficial stats for classes.
    I'm sure this was easier than fixing the need/greed system. I mean, think about it, would they really do the obvious band-aid solution if it wasn't the easier one?

Quote Originally Posted by mevidoh View Post
    sooooo hunters can no longer DW an AP Agility axe, gg blizz, tho i guess im mists it wont mater anyway
    It doesn't matter now nor did it matter when 4.3 hit. Dual wielding provides no benefit to hunters and is actually a dps loss due to enchants and stat scaling between 1h and 2h.