Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Items - New Class Restrictions 12/13/2011

Update - The Community Managers also posted about this change.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    As a part of the on-going evaluation of Looking For Raid and the loot system, we have recently implemented a change to the Looking For Raid Need Plus system. Weapons, trinkets, rings, neck pieces, shields, offhand items, and the Robe of Glowing Stone are now class-restricted to their intended users. With the speed at which a Raid Finder group moves through a zone, we’ve found that it makes it challenging for players to evaluate loot decisions – by class restricting these items, we hope that the natural behavior will have a more positive set of results for everyone involved. This change will not apply to normal or heroic raid or dungeon loot rules.

Raid Finder and Need Plus are both very new systems, and we’re working to iterate on these systems rapidly to ensure that everyone has the best possible experience as we learn more about how players are using the system. Please keep in mind that this system is not considered complete and we have further plans to improve upon it within Mists of Pandaria.

If you looted an item from Looking for Raid which replaced another and you need Game Master assistance to recover your old item, please place a petition with the new item name, that you can no longer use it - and the old item name you need restored. For more information on the affected items, please visit the Customer Support forums here- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3729953854#1

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Items - New Class Restrictions 12/13/2011
    You might have noticed strange behaviors with some of your newly acquired items and some people posted about changes on the forums today, the official explanation appeared on the Customer Support forums!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Some items were recently reclassified. You may find yourself in possession of one of these items and are no longer able to use it.

If this item replaced another and you need Game Master assistance to recover your old item, please place a petition with the new item name, that you can no long use it - and the old item name you need restored.

The following are the items that have changed with new/changed class restrictions (LFR Versions).

Weapons

Trinkets

Shields

Rings

Offhand

Neck

Chest
    Last edited by Boubouille; 2011-12-13 at 10:42 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well it's about time to be quite honest!

Nooooo my hunter loot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im pretty sure every single piece was suppose to have "hunter" next to it.OT: finally glad to see they are working some things out

Watched a Gurthalak go to a hunter last week, so this news pleases me.

Well this should clear up some issues.

Quote Originally Posted by K0tY View Post
    It all was a Hunter loot, i just dont know why they did this, i wont be able to heal my pet now perfectly or cast aimed
    I agree, all hunter loot. Now I can't complete my BiS set because I can't roll on spirit cloth. Boo.

In all seriousness, though, I'm glad they made this change, didn't really see anything funky like strength swords going to mages myself but then again I've only done a few runs.

Yeah because warriors and paladins in LFR rolling on the hunter/druid polearm wasn't ever going to be a problem ...

Stupid that they didn't include Paladins on the off-hand.

Doesn't fix the problem with people ninja-ing stuff for off-specs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice.... finally BLizz.

Deleted
    I would like to know how it's about SOULDRINKER?
    Is it considered as tanking weapon or dps weapon? Because honestly draining hp is more for tanks, BUT last week some dps won the roll WITH role bonus in LFR.
    I am confused, any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Falled09 View Post
    Stupid that they didn't include Paladins on the off-hand.
    Why? The shield is better anyway lol

Ouch they musta gone through piece by piece and manually changed the loot settings. Good to see they care.

Deleted
    Nice. At last. Lost the bow to a rogue and the trinket(starcatcher compass) to a DK. Dot care about the loot. Just happy I wont see an agi weap/gear go to a DK/Pala/War

Now they just need to makmake it so I dont lose Gurthalak to a Tank again, and I will be a happy killer of things.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Why? The shield is better anyway lol
    Cause stats are stats?

At least they implemented this after week 2, could of taken a lot longer.

---------- Post added 2011-12-13 at 02:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gaulien View Post
    Is it considered as tanking weapon or dps weapon? Because honestly draining hp is more for tanks, BUT last week some dps won the roll WITH role bonus in LFR.
    It's a bis weapon for DW death knights, so, it's for both.

Quote Originally Posted by similarion View Post
    Doesn't fix the problem with people ninja-ing stuff for off-specs?
    Off spec need rolling is perfectly fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    yay. Needed doing in LFR tbh. But yer they need to fix OS rolling too. Go as your offspec if you want to gear it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaulien View Post
    right now souldrinker is just about BiS for frost Dk's casue the damn sword procs...A LOT. so the proc does about 10% of a frost dk's total dmg. blizz was kind of smart on this, they combined a dps and a tanking sword into one item. does it suck for a tank wanting this? sure does but it also sucks to loose out to a tank for this sword as well.