Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    Ouch they musta gone through piece by piece and manually changed the loot settings. Good to see they care.
    idd but it still wont stop prot palas and warrs needing on the 2h srt wep and getting the bonus

Deleted
    Why a class restriction on being able to wear it, and not a restriction on being able to roll on it? A rogue who'd want the bow would still be able to greed on it if no Hunters want it, for example... w/e

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by similarion View Post
    It is not fine when there are others that need it for main spec.
    Jesus christ.. It's LFR and you can complete first 4 bosses almost just by auto-following someone, if you really want the gear do normals.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazen View Post
    I've been following MMO-Champion for a year now, but never actually made an account untill now, just to comment on this post.
    Nevertheless, this is not the point of my reply, my reply is below;

You're completely correct in regards to this. By giving the loot roll bonus to people in off-spec is most certainly unfair, and will result in an unjust enrichment. That happened to me last week in the Fall of Deathwing LFR. The two-handed sword dropped off Deathwing, and a Protection Warrior needed it; which he later gave to his Blood Death Knight friend, even though the Death Knight lost the roll. My point being here, supporting yours; is that the loot roll bonus should be fixed, so that people currently in off-spec, cannot exploit the system.

I opened a ticket about this matter; and the answer I got was that a team at Blizzard was doing everything to improve the LFR system, and its looting rules. They did not answer on my question directly, but rather gave the previously mentioned answer.

This broken mechanic beats the whole purpose of doing the LFR raids, when a group of people can team up, need on a certain item; and then give it to his/her friend. Hopefully this will get fixed soon.
    Look on the bright side. One thing to remember is that even if the DK had a "better" chance of winning the roll because his warrior friend was willing to help him out, it didn't make your chance to win the roll any less likely. You still have a 1/X chance to win the roll regardless of how many people "team up".

I know it's not much, but it's better than nothing. At the very least, Blizz is demonstrating their willingness to apply a partial, "band-aid" fix until a more robust rolling system can be deployed in 5.0.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    An overly clunky system brought on because players cannot police their own ability to be a-holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimz View Post
    This is good, it will bring a fix the Diablo "click on every sinlge item that drops" mentality. Now let's see how long it will take to be only able to roll for items for your spec and (my favorite) NOT be able to roll if you have won the iitem before.. yes I am talking about the helm/shoulders for off-spec!

I think this might just enforce the need everything mentality, in that now people can just say, "blizz fixed it, anything I can need is something I should need"

I dislike people...

Stupid way to do it. They should limit the items on what the specs main stat is, to stop Ele shaman rolling on No'kaled etc

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so happy about this, thanks blizz

The off-hand not being Pally/Shammy friendly is to balance out the numbers. Now all healers have 1 options instead of some with 2 and some without.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    then chickens will still ninjaroll my agi ring, Hybridclysm

Quote Originally Posted by Jayden View Post
    Off spec need rolling is perfectly fine.

Not really.. I can still roll on agility stuff on my elemental shaman.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Stupid way to do it. They should limit the items on what the specs main stat is, to stop Ele shaman rolling on No'kaled etc
    Right If they could determine a spec they would, they've already stated many time they want the system to be smarter and work off spec but it does nto exist at this point in time

Well it's certainly not a perfect system, but it's getting better with this change.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayden View Post
    Off spec need rolling is perfectly fine.
    A tank rolling need, and winning a DPS item because of their role bonus is fine? Bullshit.

In that case tanks should not get a rolling bonus so I can win their tank items.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not a stupid way of doing it, I had a Hunter roll Need on Soul Drinker and win the item, over a DK, how is that a stupid way of doing it? Hunters need STR really?

Quote Originally Posted by Vargas View Post
    So glad that Blizzard isn't waiting to address this. I lost a melee dps trinket last week to a huntard, who then tried to sell it to the group. My face still has a mark on it cause I facepalmed so hard.
    Would have been funny the time he noticed you can't send anything but conjured items cross-realm.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Not really.. I can still roll on agility stuff on my elemental shaman.
    ...Then don't need it duh.

I don't mind people who need roll Offspec. It's when people Need Roll Stuff they know they can't use the line is crossed.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

This is a band-aid until they can get something better working.... They have said many times that they cannot determine your spec as of right now. It seems like it shouldn't be that difficult but apparently it is, hopefully soon they will be able to patch it up and do something based on spec, but for now this is a huge step in the correct direction. Don't qq about a change for the better, at least we got something.

Yes I think this is a fantastic idea! I did a LFR with my guild and was extremely ashamed of my guild when 2x Gurthalak dropped and one was won by my guild huntard and the other was won by my guild Paladin tank... they thought it was a great joke... I was too embarrassed to stay in the raid group with my name associated with ninjasI would also like to see some kind of change implemented that if they already have normal tier the roll bonus is lost... that same run and same Paladin tank rolled need on the LFR T13 helm token even though he was running around with his T13 normal helm -_- which stopped people who ACTUALLY needed it ie: myself and whoever else qualified for the piece getting it. Selfish people in LFR are frustrating!

This is a good start, now do the rest