Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It warms my heart knowing that the trinket needed and won by that n00b DK is now useless to him....

For all the people who want this to be by spec, 90% of the time you cant even look at another persons talents in game without it picking up someone else and showing their talents...Inspect a holy Paladin and there is a feral druid near by you will see that persons talents. Cant see people gear either but thats another issue. This has been going on since dual spec was put in the game in wrath I believe. Probably earlier but its the earliest I can remember seeing this bug.

I have no confidence they will be able to give loot by spec until they fix this OLD OLD bug.

Deleted
    so why does blizzard want us hunters to roll on expertise...melee hunter ftl?! :P

10+ Year Old Account
    gj blizzard. no need for people needing on what they dont really need.

15+ Year Old Account
    I lost Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps to a Hunter yesterday... Very glad they make this change. (Im a DK)

Silly question. Does anyone knows if someone can roll on an item that he already has or does he automatically pass?

Deleted
    dammit, !!!!! And i wanted souldrinker for transmorgification on my hunter

---------- Post added 2011-12-14 at 01:42 PM ----------

Dammit, and i wanted the sword for transmogicifation

Deleted
    Just wondering, why doesn't Blizzard make a little bit more advance Role check as soon as you get in your LFR group with the spec you are in.

It's just one more button for Class with Melee Agi and Spellcaster.

Doesn't sound to hard.

It's unfortunate people care so little for other players that they had to do this. But it's a good fix. I hope they make it more spec-specific later, but this is a good fix for now.

Personally, I'd have gone ahead and made LFR drops aside from one-handers unique to further nail it down, but maybe that's just me <_<

Quote Originally Posted by Vozzek View Post
    See, that just seems mean.

But here is what I find interesting about your argument:

People that complain about not having adequate gear choices are annoying. This hunter is complaining about gear choices. Hunters are annoying. I mean, priests have even less choices.

Which would imply...

But about the statement on priests and their gear upgradeability:

Robes of Dying Light - Chest - 410
    Woundlicker Cover - Back - 410
    Splinterfoot Sandals - Feet - 410
    Signet of Suturing - Ring - 410
    Ring of the Riven - Ring - 410
    Gloves of Dying Light - Hands - 410
    Cowl of Dying Light - Head - 410
    Legwraps of Dying Light - Legs - 410
    Visage of the Destroyer - Staff - 410
    Mantle of Dying Light - Shoulders - 410
    Heart of Unliving - Trinker - 416
    Reflection of the Light - 410
    Vesta's Irrepressible Girdle - Waist - 410
    Bracers of the Black Dream - Wrist - 410
    Scintillating Rods - Wand - 410

This seems like more than half. I hope this helps.

But on the earlier statement about Hunters not having two high level rings... you're incorrect. Signet of Grasping Mouths. A second choice that does not have expertise.

I hope the two of you weren't using item level 384 loot from LFR as the sole basis of your argument for their being not upgrade options beyond 397.

I see you're one of those who don't know what they're talking bout. Look below, I dismissed half of your list.

Robes of Dying Light - Chest - 410 - Dragon Soul Drop
    Woundlicker Cover - Back - 397 - (Valor bought, can't be upgraded)
    Splinterfoot Sandals - Feet - 397 - (Valor bought, can't be upgraded)

Signet of Suturing - Ring - 410 - Dragon Soul Drop
    Ring of the Riven - Ring - 410 - Dragon Soul Drop
    Gloves of Dying Light - Hands - 410 - Dragon Soul drop
    Cowl of Dying Light - Head - 410 - Dragon Soul drop
    Legwraps of Dying Light - Legs - 410 - Dragon Soul drop
    Visage of the Destroyer - Staff - 410 - Dragon Soul drop
    Mantle of Dying Light - Shoulders - 410 - Dragon Soul drop
    Heart of Unliving - Trinket - 416 - Dragon Soul drop
    Reflection of the Light - Trinket - 397 (Valor bought, can't be upgraded)
    Vestal's Irrepressible Girdle - Waist - 397 (Valor bought, can't be upgraded)
    Bracers of the Black Dream - Wrist - 397 (Valor bought, can't be upgraded)
    Scintillating Rods - Wand - 397 (Valor bought, can't be upgraded)

Now I know you wont reply, cause you're ashamed, but think first before posting next time. Don't just copy stuff from wowhead, because stuff isn't necessarily in the game. Just because it exists, doesn't mean it's available.

Hopefully by the time mists comes out it can determine spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Nataya View Post
    Silly question. Does anyone knows if someone can roll on an item that he already has or does he automatically pass?
    I have lfr tier chest and it still gave me the option to need on it today. I passed ofc.
    Some mornings it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints.

I doubt the terrible DKs running round with Kiril will even notice it's gone.They'll just run round unarmed until some other item drops and the dice light up again...

WOW it must be nice to ba a paladin ... can roll more than half all the loot

Deleted
    Prot warrior just ninja'd Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps.He respecced fury before rolling.GJ blizz, well done indeed.FU

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    dammit, !!!!! And i wanted souldrinker for transmorgification on my hunter

---------- Post added 2011-12-14 at 01:42 PM ----------

Dammit, and i wanted the sword for transmogicifation
    You can still loot the normal versions, this was just for Raid Finder items.

Quote Originally Posted by PopeJamal View Post
    Look on the bright side. One thing to remember is that even if the DK had a "better" chance of winning the roll because his warrior friend was willing to help him out, it didn't make your chance to win the roll any less likely. You still have a 1/X chance to win the roll regardless of how many people "team up".

I know it's not much, but it's better than nothing. At the very least, Blizz is demonstrating their willingness to apply a partial, "band-aid" fix until a more robust rolling system can be deployed in 5.0.
    Completely false. If the warrior were to be locked out of the role bonus because he was there as a tank then your odds go from 1/x to 1/(x-1). If there had been a bigger "team" of tanks/healers then the odds you win improve even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsm View Post
    Prot warrior just ninja'd Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps.He respecced fury before rolling.GJ blizz, well done indeed.FU
    Ahhahaha.... total warriar pwnage

Finally. I saw a fury warrior win the polearm AND the bow in one fell swoop. What a dick. Also, that same fury warrior won plate DPS shoulders over me on my warrior and he already had tier... I wish there was some kind of upgrade checker, too. But that's just asking for too much. People need to stop being dicks, is all.

Nice to see Blizz acting fast on this (tho full 5 stars would have given if that would have been going live from start). But since I lost agi items to dks I made some qq tickets. Cheer up