Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stixxz View Post
    Thing that pisses me off is I had to pay £5 extra for this pre order access and they don't give it me.
    People still aren't learning that is part of the cost of the game. It's a down payment, not an extra fee. And they will give it to you. It's the first f'ing day and everyone's blowing a gasket because they didn't get in. Why are we all still here anyhow, no more invites today. I'd bet that about half of you all are still refreshing your email every 5 minutes "just in case."

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stixxz View Post
    Thing that pisses me off is I had to pay £5 extra for this pre order access and they don't give it me.
    No you didn't. You paid a deposit with the possibility of having up to 5 days of early game access.

Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    wishfull thinking. All he said was that they increase the invites on wednessday. And theyll invite the same number on thursday as wednessday. And thursday is the start of the original 5 day EGA period. Its more about reminding people that its started earlier. Like an early-early game access. And does not in anyway constitute as a promise that everyone gets 5 days.

Theyd have to increase the invites drastically to get everyone 5 day early access. In one day they didnt even get July in (which was just 10 days to begin with, they only managed 6). And i strongly doubt July was more then 20% of all pre-orders, infact i'd park it around 15% at best. Considering all of July isnt even in, it might even be as little as 10%. That means theyd have to roughly triple their invites for wednessday and thursday.

I just dont see that happening.
    The more I think about it the more I think you're right. Lets say they let 100k people in today(a pretty good estimate). Then lets say they'll increase the amount they let in tomorrow by 100% of today(HIGHLY unlikely they'll increase it by that much), that'll be around 200k tomorrow and another 200k on Thursday. Seeing as there were 900k physical preorders(not counting digital) in the US alone, we can safely assume there were around 1.5 mil to 2 mil preorders. How in the hell are they going to let all those people in the remaining 6 days by 200k per day?
    LOLINFRACTED

Deleted
    The more I think about it the more I think you're right. Lets say they let 100k people in today. Then lets say they'll increase the amount they let in tomorrow by 100% of today(HIGHLY unlikely they'll increase it by that much), that'll be around 200k tomorrow and another 200k on Thursday. Seeing as there were 900k physical preorders(not counting digital) in the US alone, we can safely assume there were around 1.5 mil to 2 mil preorders. How in the hell are they going to let all those people in the remaining 6 days by 200k per day
    It's simple really your numbers for the amount of invites are way off
    Last edited by mmoc474cf509db; 2011-12-13 at 11:16 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgo View Post
    No doubt. No one knows specific numbers, we can debate and try to figure it out all we want but we lack the facts. It's like debating the authenticity of The Bible.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgo View Post
    Then that makes me happy since I might get a day or two.
    LOLINFRACTED

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a final exam Saturday morning. I'm kind of afraid to get an invite for early access before that, but at the same time, I want it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fest View Post
    The more I think about it the more I think you're right. Lets say they let 100k people in today(a pretty good estimate). Then lets say they'll increase the amount they let in tomorrow by 100% of today(HIGHLY unlikely they'll increase it by that much), that'll be around 200k tomorrow and another 200k on Thursday. Seeing as there were 900k physical preorders(not counting digital) in the US alone, we can safely assume there were around 1.5 mil to 2 mil preorders. How in the hell are they going to let all those people in the remaining 6 days by 200k per day?
    because your initial guess of 100k is probably wrong. i'm guessing it was probably closer to 300k invites sent out today.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    Man the complete and total lack of communication on Bioware/EA is astounding.

/sarcasm off

I'd personally love to see the numbers but that is for my own curiosity than anything else. I'd rather see them take the time and do the launch properly than have the game go the way of Warhammer Online. For those that don't know Warhammer Online had a multitude of servers then over time has had to close them due to a lack of population.
    I completely agree here. Also, seeing that stability of is a primary concern. I take my words back what I have been saying today. Constituting servers takes time, so spreading out early access emails etc, makes 100% sense. HOWEVER, a little communication from Bioware/Origin would not go amiss.

This is a quote from a user on the SWTOR forums.

At any rate, I love this game. I love BW. But I truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

I truly hope you improve, because this is a very very poor way to start out.
    Both Valid points here. I hope BW learn from this, or ppl will leave.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phen View Post
    I completely agree here. Also, seeing that stability of is a primary concern. I take my words back what I have been saying today. Constituting servers takes time, so spreading out early access emails etc, makes 100% sense. HOWEVER, a little communication from Bioware/Origin would not go amiss.
    Both Valid points here. I hope BW learn from this, or ppl will leave.
    Communication before the event not after. If you let people know what you are doing prior to doing it you alleviate a lot of what is going on now. This I agree with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    Communication before the event not after. If you let people know what you are doing prior to doing it you alleviate a lot of what is going on now. This I agree with.
    Any communication can be argued, is better than none.

Yes, letting ppl know in advance would be preferable. The lack thereof, just shows that BW were caught off guard.

With the launch of a major mmo like this. You would have thought it would have been "All hands on deck" approach to dealing with this game and early access. I would hate to think what is going to happen on actual launch day. Hoping that BW get smart and decide to have a more hands on a approach to potential pitfalls of any game launch, never mind an MMO being seen as the next best thing, next to sliced bread.

I'm pretty sure everyone will be able to play by Friday or Saturday if they pre-ordered. I don't have any proof of this or anything, it just makes sense to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully get mine tomorrow. Thursday is my day off so I can just all-nighter wednesday night

All they had to do was state that if you ordered by such and such a date, you'd get in at this time. If you ordered by X date, Y EGA. From Stephen Reid's posts it seems like this is what they had designed from the beginning anyway, given that he said you'd start seeing people who ordered later than July would start getting in tomorrow. He also told someone who preordered on the 5th of December that he should get "at least a day".

All of the speculation and secrecy are completely unwarranted, it isn't people being bitchy or entitled - we just want to know what the heck is going on. I'd rather not feel like we're twisting in the wind for "stability" when servers have been stable and running well since mid afternoon...yet no more invites are going out.

Hope they really pick up the pace tomorrow... I pre-ordered Dec. 11 (FML!!!!!!) so I know I'm gonna be on the last wave of invites. Patience is a virtue.

Quote Originally Posted by shewkoi View Post
    because your initial guess of 100k is probably wrong. i'm guessing it was probably closer to 300k invites sent out today.
    I don't know man.. The pre-orders as of August 6th were only at a couple hundred thousand.. I figured I would get in tonight, but I didn't.. I reserved a copy on July 7th, and totally spaced on my pre-order code until Aug 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahlove View Post
    I preordered 8/1 so we'll see how it goes...I was really hoping to be able to play today
    These are the people I feel for... On the cusp of nearly getting in today... So having to wait an extra 12+ hours for a new wave to maybe get in...

I ordered late Nov, so was always expecting/hoping for Friday (at the latest)... I'd like to not 'lose out' on the weekend of play... Even if I have next week off... : )

-Alamar

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pyropete View Post
    I don't know man.. The pre-orders as of August 6th were only at a couple hundred thousand.. I figured I would get in tonight, but I didn't.. I reserved a copy on July 7th, and totally spaced on my pre-order code until Aug 1st.
    any information/charts/numbers you have seen on preorders, are factually inaccurate. NOBODY but Bioware knows how many copies were sold, and when they were sold.

Deleted
    I don't know man.. The pre-orders as of August 6th were only at a couple hundred thousand.
    They were? Do you have proof of this or are we just citing American physical copies again?

I figured I would get in tonight, but I didn't.. I reserved a copy on July 7th, and totally spaced on my pre-order code until Aug 1st.
    When you reserved the copy at a store matters little. It's when you redeemed your code. You'll be in tomorrow if you did August 1st.

What people don't understand is this is all done to create more hype for the game, you really think there's a difference between 1000 people in the starting area or 10000? This is 2011, wake-up! The servers they are running the game on are end-of-line, handle a nuclear disaster and still be able to play with a sufficient back-up generator.

I for one am sickened by the fact that I've worked the whole year, no vacation, in order to take a vacation during EGA knowingly that I would get up to 5 days when this is all in the air and I might just be sitting at home on the 15th playing with my thumbs up my rectum. Thanks BW, EA, Steven! *Rule of Thumb: Don't trust people named Reid.