Radeon 6970 PSU Question

I've just got the Radeon 6970, but i don't have any PSU cables that fits with 8 pins. My PSU has 1000w. On the box for 6970 it says one 75 wat 6-pin PCI Express connector and one 150w 8-pin is '' recomended '' ..

What do i do, and what happens if i insert 2 6-pins in?

There is one 6 pin slot in the card and one 8 pin slot...
    Last edited by Winkleslob; 2011-12-13 at 09:03 PM.

What is your PSU? (brand model please).

1000w psu's should have a 8pin PCI-E cable to use... if it's a modular PSU likely you have one but it's not plugged in and you have to plug one in. Otherwise I think there are adapters for that.
    ~ Never switching off the boss to kill adds and blinking into defile; the story of Swizzle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinmaul
    Never tell the truth if it's going to make you look bad. You tell them you are an officer in Paragon and that you are fluent in Finnish. Then you can say you are used to long grinds and doing whatever it takes to ensure a big finish.

Yeah, it has 8-pin's but it doesn't fit into my card cuz of it's shape.. The PSU is a OCZ power supply with 1k wat.

~ Never switching off the boss to kill adds and blinking into defile; the story of Swizzle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinmaul
    Never tell the truth if it's going to make you look bad. You tell them you are an officer in Paragon and that you are fluent in Finnish. Then you can say you are used to long grinds and doing whatever it takes to ensure a big finish.

nah :/

It looks something like this, www dot pcpower dot com/images/products/b/PCIE-6-8_3853.jpg

Are you sure it doesn't fit or you don't have more connectors? I didn't know that psu 8pin connections come in more then 2 forms, 8pin or 6pin + 2 which can be bent away.
    Failing this you could try buying a 6 to 8 pin adaptor there ~£5

it simply does not fit, and i have two 8-pins but both are the same..

i'll look at those 6to 8 pin adoptors then.

Quote Originally Posted by Winkleslob View Post
    it simply does not fit, and i have two 8-pins but both are the same..

i'll look at those 6to 8 pin adoptors then.
    #1 most if not all 6970s come w/ molex adapters, second of all your attempting to put what sounds like your mobo 8pin into the thing

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    #1 most if not all 6970s come w/ molex adapters, second of all your attempting to put what sounds like your mobo 8pin into the thing
    Mine did not come w/ an molex adapter,

PowerColor Radeon HD 6970 2GB GDDR5 is the exact card.

If anyone could provide me with a link or two, with an adapter that actually works with the card.. i'd be greatful

If you have a 1000W PSU you have 8 pin PCI-E cables. As was stated above you either are trying to fit your Motherboard power connector into your card or you havent found the right cables yet. There is no way any company would ever sell a PSU of that wattage without those cables.