Deleted

Tracking Gurthalak tentacle spawns?

I guess the title is pretty self explanatory but do any of you UI whizzkids know a way to track the tentacles that spawn from the sword or even the mind flay attack the tentacles do so i know when one is active and/or dpsing?

I Use 'Tell Me When' and 'power auras' to track all of my procs, trinkets stacks, temp buffs, cooldowns etc but cant find a way to track either of these.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to know this aswell.

I've recently started using Need To Know and I would like to track the uptime of the Tentacle of the Old Ones.
    Statix will suffice.

I haven't seen any addon that was able to track it yet, but honestly it's a completely independent proc so there isn't really a need to track it.

Using the Gurth is just waiting for a few "hey cool it spawned" moments in fights.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

As someone who only equips this weapon when the off taunts, I would really like to know how to keep track if it. Ill play around with Power Auras and see if I can figure anything out with it. If I get something that works ill post it here.

You are only trying to track it to show when one procs? I don't see the point.

I really hope you don't think Gurth has an ICD because it doesn't.

The best thing I can say to try to do, at least with needtoknow, is try to set up to track the mind flay spell it casts, and set the bar to watch for pet, because the tentacles act like pets and are logged as pet damage in the combatlog. That might allow you to have it trigger when your tentacle pet starts casting mind flay. But honestly, do you not recognize the channeling sound and see the tentacles when they spawn, or do you have a few in your raid and so aren't sure when it's your tentacles? Just curious.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

Deleted
    I think MikScrollingBattleText shows when your tenticle is doing damage, just another way of seeing all your attacks and how much damage they do with icons.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess WeakAuras is capable of tracking the tentacle. There is a Summon event in the combat log for the tentacle, so all you need to do is to create a Custom Trigger.
    You may try using this post as a general guideline.