15+ Year Old Account

Early Access Request

Well.. as of right now, I won't be getting SWTOR. I pre-ordered the game back in September, and was incredibly excited for the game, but now it just doesn't seem a good use of money.

My first concerns were that my computer can't handle it.. because in the first November beta I had horrible FPS. I've been reassured that it has become alot better, but I still can't be certain. I was going to use Early Access as a way to see if my computer could run it, but I can no longer do that. I can't log on my account as it decided that the PC I am using no longer is a recognized PC, and it asked me to answer a security question. The question being "What is your favourite activity"?. I have tried answering this multiple times, and I can not get it right. I have tried every possible answer I could think of.

Of course I went to support, but they tell me that it can only be handled through phone. Sadly for me they don't have a Canadian support line, so I need to call the international one. Of course.. this costs money. I have spent somewhere near $100 dollars waiting for it waiting on hold, both last night and today, but I decided I can't waste any more money. It's impossible for me to change my security questions.

Now I know that even if I buy the game, I still need to buy a sub as the free month doesn't activate until I buy a subscription. So that's 100 more dollars gone down the drain, because I don't even know if I can run the god damn game.

Now this may seem like an absurd request.. and I know it's obviously my fault for this even happening. But is it possible one of you guys would allow me to play on your account, for a few minutes.. just so I can see if it works? It doesn't need to be right now(as you might not have access yet), I'm fine with waiting.. I just want to be able to know my PC can run it before launch.

I've been waiting for this game for years.. and now it looks like I won't even be able to play it, as I doubt anyone will be trustful enough to trust me with their account, even if it was just for a few seconds. :/

if i had early access I would not be on mmo-champ.. good luck to you sir

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcard23 View Post
    if i had early access I would not be on mmo-champ.. good luck to you sir
    Same. :/ And Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    Of course I went to support, but they tell me that it can only be handled through phone. Sadly for me they don't have a Canadian support line, so I need to call the international one. Of course.. this costs money. I have spent somewhere near $100 dollars waiting for it waiting on hold, both last night and today, but I decided I can't waste any more money. It's impossible for me to change my security questions.
    Have you considered using gmail's phone feature? Calling out is free in the US and Canada...

Skype may have this too... Or you could just get the service for a month for $3 or $5...

Edit: Also, USA: 1-855-GO-SWTOR (1-855-467-9867) worked for me, in Canada...

-Alamar
    Last edited by AlamarAtMMOC; 2011-12-14 at 03:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/

Go there, select the game in the drop down, run the lil program and you can see if you can run it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlamarAtMMOC View Post
    Have you considered using gmail's phone feature? Calling out is free in the US and Canada...

Skype may have this too... Or you could just get the service for a month for $3 or $5...

Edit: Also, USA: 1-855-GO-SWTOR (1-855-467-9867) worked for me, in Canada...

-Alamar
    Not for international.

And for the edit, the line is still international and will cost money. Might be a bit less, depending on where the place is located, but still will be international.

---------- Post added 2011-12-14 at 03:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chaddd View Post
    http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/

Go there, select the game in the drop down, run the lil program and you can see if you can run it.
    I've tried that, lol. It says it will run. The beta showed otherwise.

Had the same issue you have there (same question as well).

Use Skype the call is free, i did and i'm no where near the US.

Deleted
    Beta had fps lags for everyone, so that might have caused your lag.

Quote Originally Posted by Waff View Post
    Not me. Smooth as silk. Now just to wait for my early access while reading through the official forums of people posting who feel betrayed .

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waff View Post
    I ran with 70+ fps on the highest settings allowed in beta.. I dunno where you got your info from.

If you preordered and entered your preorder code, you'll get early access yourself. You can cancel your preorder (just in case you get in after it would be shipped), test in the early access, and then pick up a copy if you can run it.

IYou should have spent those 100 bucks on a new graphics card

I was in the 11-11 and the stress beta, ran with fps in the 100's the entire time, only have a few episodes of lag, not even enough to annoy me.
    But i did just get a new computer taht is pretty well decked out.

15+ Year Old Account
    1-855-GO-SWTOR does not cost anything in Canada unless you are using pre-paid cellphone pretty much. Called on my landline from Ontario a week ago and no charge.

I just called on my cell, no charge there either.

Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post

Now I know that even if I buy the game, I still need to buy a sub as the free month doesn't activate until I buy a subscription. So that's 100 more dollars gone down the drain,...
    It's $14.99, not even close to $100.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remyi View Post
    I ran with 70+ fps on the highest settings allowed in beta.. I dunno where you got your info from.
    My info is from the people that played the game and had wild fps lags.

Such as playing fine, server restart, FPS down by 40.

Deleted
    Tell us your systems specs ... would be useful to compare with our own systems and tell you if it will run.
    Concerning your problem with the customer support:
    It's the launch of the game, there are many questions to be answered and problems to be solved ... i know it is hard, but if you would wait for - let's say - a month customer service will be better accessable again due to requests declining as the game has launched smoothly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Like others have stated, you could try to use skype to call them, and see if it costs any money or not.

And not to flame you or anything, but perhaps you should learn from this small mistake. (the security question's answer thing)
    Perhaps it'd be a good idea to store those answers somewhere on your PC, or somewhere close to your PC.
    In case the game asks one of your security questions at a random time, and you've forgotten about the answer, you'll simply be able to look it up without having to go through contacting customer support.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan