Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    July had the the biggest spike in pre-orders so i wouldn't count on just that. They might push to October today.
    I'm going with this, possibly towards the end of October, and then the 15th will be november and a few early december pre-orders, with the 16th looking at the rest of the late pre-orders. My prediction ofcourse, take it how you will.

Theyve done 1 day, with 2 bonus waves. And in that they havent even managed July. Which was only 10 days to begin with (only 6 are in). I'd highly doubt we'd see the end of August today.

Unless they drastically, and im talking double or more, increase their invites people from november/december are looking at Sunday/Monday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    Theyve done 1 day, with 2 bonus waves. And in that they havent even managed July. Which was only 10 days to begin with (only 6 are in). I'd highly doubt we'd see the end of August today.

Unless they drastically, and im talking double or more, increase their invites people from november/december are looking at Sunday/Monday.
    Yes but what you're not seeing is that August won't have as much pre-orders as July did, and if you read my earlier post, they said they're inviting much more than they did for the first day, they'll easily push August through, which could explain why they're inviting more people for the 2nd day, so they can get July out of the way and then push through to October.

July was probably the biggest amount of pre-orders, possibly with August coming in 2nd largest. They'll breeze through October to December.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2011-12-14 at 07:53 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah...I really can't see everyone not being in by the 16th. Just breaking it down by month for the sake of it would leave a lot of people bitter when they tweet something like: "Alright, we got 3.5 million people in over the last three days, but you remaining 12k people who ordered in December...you're gonna have to wait till tomorrow."

I think it is something more like:

13th...500,000...100k per wave (or maybe even those are ramped up).
    14th...600,000...August and September
    15th...700,000...October, first half of November.
    16th...1mil...second half of November and all of December.

I just think that the November/December crowd would rightfully feel a little left out if they got less than two days when others were able to get a full week by virtue of blind faith.

The schedule seems to fit for the most part. And yes not everybody from July got in today. The next two days are going to be the big push. I think fans will start causing more ruccas on the forums if they are not in by today for anybody who PO in July or August.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Yeah...I really can't see everyone not being in by the 16th. Just breaking it down by month for the sake of it would leave a lot of people bitter when they tweet something like: "Alright, we got 3.5 million people in over the last three days, but you remaining 12k people who ordered in December...you're gonna have to wait till tomorrow."

I think it is something more like:

13th...500,000...100k per wave (or maybe even those are ramped up).
    14th...600,000...August and September
    15th...700,000...October, first half of November.
    16th...1mil...second half of November and all of December.

I just think that the November/December crowd would rightfully feel a little left out if they got less than two days when others were able to get a full week by virtue of blind faith.
    I may be off the numbers a little bit, but by your count there are roughly 2.8million pre orders....while this may be true please provide source on that number. all i can find currently is off vgcharts (not sure how accurate they are) but they show as of the week ending in 10dec that swtor is at 939,358 pre orders. cant post link yet so you may have to google vgchartz and preorders.php . I also remember reading something from SR about not believing pre order numbers from other websites so guess we will see.

10+ Year Old Account
    early access was announced when the game went on presale, if people didn't do it early its no ones fault but their own, if they let everyone in super fast then the people who went out of their way to do it day 1 would be upset because they didnt get enough of a headstart, i dont get complaining about not having access to a bonus bioware did that people had complete control over, its not hard, go to a game store, put 5 down, get code, redeem code, it took me 15 minutes on july 21st after work
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Trollsbane, Jedi sodomist.

Quote Originally Posted by krono957 View Post
    early access was announced when the game went on presale, if people didn't do it early its no ones fault but their own, if they let everyone in super fast then the people who went out of their way to do it day 1 would be upset because they didnt get enough of a headstart, i dont get complaining about not having access to a bonus bioware did that people had complete control over, its not hard, go to a game store, put 5 down, get code, redeem code, it took me 15 minutes on july 21st after work
    the people who pre-ordered early say this ^. They don't care you're crying. I guess for the rest of us who wanted to play it "smart"? and test the game out beforehand before buying should be punished. I man spending 40, 80 or 150 dollars is nothing to waste if the game totally bombs.

Regardless, I have WoW to play till then and work on HM progression. I'm going to be able to judge the populations of servers and hopefully choose the best one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jace5869 View Post
    the people who pre-ordered early say this ^. They don't care you're crying. I guess for the rest of us who wanted to play it "smart"? and test the game out beforehand before buying should be punished. I man spending 40, 80 or 150 dollars is nothing to waste if the game totally bombs.

Regardless, I have WoW to play till then and work on HM progression. I'm going to be able to judge the populations of servers and hopefully choose the best one.
    and people who didnt preorder early are complaining because they didnt preorder, they are mad other people are playing. I guess for those of us that had faith in a game they had kept track of and looked into for months/years shouldnt get any kind of benefit for having said faith, i mean, putting 5 dollars down that you can cancel at a moments notice is really going to break the bank if the game totally sucks.

regardles im going to go play more TOR while you wait to get in eventually and get a head start on progression because i can

hey look, i can do that too
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Trollsbane, Jedi sodomist.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Yes but what you're not seeing is that August won't have as much pre-orders as July did, and if you read my earlier post, they said they're inviting much more than they did for the first day, they'll easily push August through, which could explain why they're inviting more people for the 2nd day, so they can get July out of the way and then push through to October.

July was probably the biggest amount of pre-orders, possibly with August coming in 2nd largest. They'll breeze through October to December.
    Do you have any numbers on this? So far alot of numbers are a bit incomplete, but what ive seen so far is that August does have as much preorders as July. Keep in mind that August counted 3x as many days for preorders then July. And we still have nearly half of the July-days to go.

It would help a bit if we knew how many ppl actually got into early access so far.

Quote Originally Posted by krono957 View Post
    and people who didnt preorder early are complaining because they didnt preorder, they are mad other people are playing. I guess for those of us that had faith in a game they had kept track of and looked into for months/years shouldnt get any kind of benefit for having said faith, i mean, putting 5 dollars down that you can cancel at a moments notice is really going to break the bank if the game totally sucks.

regardles im going to go play more TOR while you wait to get in eventually and get a head start on progression because i can

hey look, i can do that too
    Nobody is mad except for a random idiot over exaggerating on the forum. I preordered in December. Yeah i'm checking my email to see if I got anything yet. But no i'm not mad that other people are playing. I had only a slight interest in TOR in July. I was holding onto WoW. But when 4.3 came out it hit me that they really are giving us a second rate game compared to what it was. Every game i preordered before was a waste of $5. I never saw that again.

Well, I'm not bitter about waiting. The couple of days I have to wait I can finish up my weekly LFr on my main and alts and then focus on SW when access is granted. The real fun isn't going to happen til the official launch day anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by jace5869 View Post

I preordered in early October, and I agree with Krono.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonsorow View Post
    A lot of people are posting on how BioWare is doing EGA. As a former game developer the way it seems like they are doing in the same kind of waves Google uses when they release new products or new interfaces.

This seems to be the schedule they are following:

December 13: July Pre-Orders
    December 14: August Pre-Orders
    December 15: September Pre-Orders
    December 16: October Pre-Orders
    December 17: November Pre-Orders
    December 18: December

It also seems like they are cutting off EGA invites when the servers get to near 30,000 people. While this is smart, at the same time they should be able to have the hardware to spend seeing how much money they put into the game itself.

I don't agree with allowing the people who pre-ordered recently to be punished for it. I am ok with a staggered launch, but think about this for the future. When an expansion comes out are they going to do the same thing? That would be mean to guilds who are seeking world firsts.
    That doesn't really make any sense at all to be honest. You seem to have just decided they will invite a month per day when you can see from pre-orders and from BioWare themselfs saying so that the months are not even nearly equal in numbers. This seems like a classic case of human brain wanting to see a pattern where it doesn't exist. Not to mention that prediction failed on the first day, there was ten days of pre-order time in July and only 2/3 of those days got in yesterday.

Also where did you come up with 30k people per server? No other MMO except for EVE has anywhere near that many people per server online at the same time and most importantly people actually in the game reported that the server caps (and again SR alluded to the same thing on his Twitter) are very low. From what I've seen the servers atm actually have hundreds rather than thousands of people playing on them at the same time.

this is my guess :

13: July
    14:July
    15: August - September
    16: October
    17: November
    18: November
    19: December

They already stated that July and November had CONSIDERABLY more pre-orders, thats why, after 5 waves we are still on july pre-orders, Although, i wouldn't mind if your thoughts are true, i pre-ordered in August, so i am secretly hoping i get in today ready for when i get home from work.

But then again, they also said if all is well they will bring waves forward, and if something buggers up they will delay them, so... yea if all goes well technically we all get in sooner.
    Last edited by thunterman; 2011-12-14 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cakka View Post
    That doesn't really make any sense at all to be honest. You seem to have just decided they will invite a month per day when you can see from pre-orders and from BioWare themselfs saying so that the months are not even nearly equal in numbers. This seems like a classic case of human brain wanting to see a pattern where it doesn't exist. Not to mention that prediction failed on the first day, there was ten days of pre-order time in July and only 2/3 of those days got in yesterday.

Also where did you come up with 30k people per server? No other MMO except for EVE has anywhere near that many people per server online at the same time and most importantly people actually in the game reported that the server caps (and again SR alluded to the same thing on his Twitter) are very low. From what I've seen the servers atm actually have hundreds rather than thousands of people playing on them at the same time.
    The prediction is firm. Nobody from August got in today correct. Most of people in July got in unless they PO on July 31. Those people will be added to the August list.

As for 30k per server. Simple math really. They had about 725k test SWTOR during the open beta weekend. Count the servers they had online. Divide the numbers up and they had roughly about 30k per server. (Yes I was bored waiting for a queue so I did this -- I didn't mind. )

---------- Post added 2011-12-14 at 01:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    this is my guess :

13: July
    14:July
    15: August - September
    16: October
    17: November
    18: November
    19: December

They already stated that July and November had CONSIDERABLY more pre-orders, thats why, after 5 waves we are still on july pre-orders, Although, i wouldn't mind if your thoughts are true, i pre-ordered in August, so i am secretly hoping i get in today ready for when i get home from work.

But then again, they also said if all is well they will bring waves forward, and if something buggers up they will delay them, so... yea if all goes well technically we all get in sooner.
    Yea I PO on August 10 I am hoping to get in today as well when I get home from work as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here a link guys dunno if youve seen it its an update on EGA.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=6438

So effictevly ppl who ordered after July will get in today, doesnt state how much after tho.
    Last edited by HonestJohn; 2011-12-14 at 09:44 AM.

The prediction is firm. Nobody from August got in today correct. Most of people in July got in unless they PO on July 31. Those people will be added to the August list.

As for 30k per server. Simple math really. They had about 725k test SWTOR during the open beta weekend. Count the servers they had online. Divide the numbers up and they had roughly about 30k per server. (Yes I was bored waiting for a queue so I did this -- I didn't mind. )
    They only got to 27-28th of July.

Also having x number of testers isn't the same as having them playing at the same time. They had "over 250k players" playing at the same time at peak (source) and they had 88 beta servers. Now lets say over 250k is 275k and divide that with 88 and we get 3125. So during a STRESS test they had their server cap at about 3000. So yes, 30k people per server is complete nonsense.

A lot of people are posting on how BioWare is doing EGA. As a former game developer the way it seems like they are doing in the same kind of waves Google uses when they release new products or new interfaces.

This seems to be the schedule they are following:

December 13: July Pre-Orders
    December 14: August Pre-Orders
    December 15: September Pre-Orders
    December 16: October Pre-Orders
    December 17: November Pre-Orders
    December 18: December

It also seems like they are cutting off EGA invites when the servers get to near 30,000 people. While this is smart, at the same time they should be able to have the hardware to spend seeing how much money they put into the game itself.

I don't agree with allowing the people who pre-ordered recently to be punished for it. I am ok with a staggered launch, but think about this for the future. When an expansion comes out are they going to do the same thing? That would be mean to guilds who are seeking world firsts.
    Ya dont agree with this GUESS sch at all lol, way to many ppl speculating and its beyond annoying, ppl will get in when they let them, if they release a sch then great if not then stop with your babble...

Quote Originally Posted by Cakka View Post
    They only got to 27-28th of July.

Also having x number of testers isn't the same as having them playing at the same time. They had "over 250k players" playing at the same time at peak (source) and they had 88 beta servers. Now lets say over 250k is 275k and divide that with 88 and we get 3125. So during a STRESS test they had their server cap at about 3000. So yes, 30k people per server is complete nonsense.
    I read the number was higher. Let me see where I found that article in the morning and I'll post back.