Best usage of an SSD drive?

Good time of the day/night.
    Tomorrow I will get a new PC with a Solid State Drive among its parts. OS will be installed to it.
    I am going to use my old regular hard drive to store things I don't use often.
    But what should I use SSD for, for best gaming performance (there's only 128 GB)? Most importantly - should I keep the system installed on SSD, or reinstall it on old drive to keep space on SSD for games?

Thank you in advance!
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

Deleted
    Install your OS and the games that you frequently play for fast loading times. I'd also install any applications you use often, such as Office. You can choose to also install steam there, since 128gb is pretty spacy. I bought an 80gb one recently and I've got Windows 7 Professional, WoW, LoL and Office on it with 23.4gb spare.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercadi View Post
    Good time of the day/night.
    Tomorrow I will get a new PC with a Solid State Drive among its parts. OS will be installed to it.
    I am going to use my old regular hard drive to store things I don't use often.
    But what should I use SSD for, for best gaming performance (there's only 128 GB)? Most importantly - should I keep the system installed on SSD, or reinstall it on old drive to keep space on SSD for games?

Thank you in advance!
    If your new computer is using a z68 motherboard, and you think your games + OS will consume more than 128GB, I think you would be better off using Intel's SRT.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/...nse-video.html

Or you could simply keep your most played games and OS on the drive, and keep lesser played games on the mechanical drive.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

you definitely want to keep your OS on the SSD. 128gb is a pretty good size ssd you can have couple of games in it if you dont put MS Office and such on the ssd and just have windows and w/e games you play the most on it.

also dont use a 128gb ssd as a cache drive for SRT, just use it as a regular storage drive for windows and most used applications.

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Or you could simply keep your most played games and OS on the drive, and keep lesser played games on the mechanical drive.
    This is far better solution. You simply do not need SRT at all with 120GB or bigger SSD.

To OP: good rule of thumb with SSD filling is something like "if you need it more than once per week, put it into SSD".
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    128 GB SSD should probably net you about 110-115GB of storage space.

I'd put everything on in you use on a regular basis, especially heavy programs like Photoshop.

The only thing that doesn't benefit from being on an SSD are large media files.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    If your new computer is using a z68 motherboard, and you think your games + OS will consume more than 128GB, I think you would be better off using Intel's SRT.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/...nse-video.html

SRT can only use 64GB SSD's max.

EDIT: Partitioning the drive works most of the time, but what's the point of getting a bigger one then... the performance difference is small between SSD and SRT.
    Last edited by mmoc8f46f67acf; 2011-12-14 at 02:48 PM.