Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

AION going "Free to Play"

Looks like AION is taking the same route many other reasonably successful MMOs went by going F2P: http://www.aionfreetoplay.com/website/faq/

Deleted
    Post constructively.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-12-14 at 12:01 PM.

Deleted
    It does seem that they're taking a slightly different route though (for the better in my opinion), as many other F2P games use a model where you have access to a limited portion of the game, and unlock more by purchasing it separately, effectively assembling your own game. Aion doesn't seem to be wanting to make any limits content wise, only restricting chat and trading to combat gold sellers etc. The gold package looks like a cheap, one-time, upgrade to remove that restriction.
    This is a huge contrast from games that offer 25% of the available races, classes or areas.

Deleted
    Might actually try out the game again then.
    It was new and refreshing to wow, but never a wow killer.

Deleted
    Cool. Definitely gonna play. Tried it in the free week and liked it very much, but didn't want to pay as I am going through a very busy period, which wouldn't allow me to get my moneys worth out of it.

Thanks for the message!

Bad company is bad

<Mod edit: Post constructively>
    Last edited by Azuri; 2011-12-14 at 11:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried it at the start, it was a nice break but i got incredibly bored with the amount of grinding you have to do I'll give it a try again in the future when i have more free time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BerndDasToastbrot View Post
    Woot,how is this possible?All of you said "haha this is the new WoW killer,take this Blizzard!!!!!"
    Tards.
    Aion is the second most successful MMO, it has 1 million subs. The only tard in here is you.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Tried it at the start, it was a nice break but i got incredibly bored with the amount of grinding you have to do I'll give it a try again in the future when i have more free time
    It's changed ALOT in terms of the grinding aspect. However with that said i've tried to go back to it and i still couldent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Aion is the second most successful MMO, it has 1 million subs. The only tard in here is you.
    SWToR has 3 times those only on preorder,bro.

Loved the game but the grind killed me so I never went back.
    Now I cant wait to log in again and give it a go. This is great news.

Deleted
    SWToR has 3 times those only on preorder,bro.
    Aion has loads of subs still.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-12-14 at 12:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Woot,how is this possible?All of you said "haha this is the new WoW killer,take this Blizzard!!!!!"
    Tards.
    s/he never said that Aion was a failure over all. They just said that Aion failed to kill WoW. you might wanna go take a look back at that tard comment you made, homeh.

now just need to wait for a Steam sale and pick this up at a nice discount so i can have a "Veteran" account wen it goes F2P in Feb

Played AION a while back, grinding was just brutal and had a 1-month worth of free play-time. Might check it out again, hopefully the leveling is easier now =|
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    they added like 3000 quests i heard ?
    i will defo go back when it goes F2P if i have some free time
    im still on lvl 45 or something with my templar.
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Deleted
    F2P? Awesome! Now I can give it a go too! =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm, I wonder why they would go free to play when they still have 2 mil subs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Well on "the west" it doesnt really have that much.
    And aint most asian games "pay for time"? So making F2P styled on the west is good business idea really...its our version of "pay for time" I guess so

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    A large part of those subs might be located in Asia who won't be affected by the change/who might already have a different payment model.

I'd guesstimate that roughly 25% of Aion's subs are located in Europe and North America.