Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I'll probably give it a go! I never played Aion, and I certainly wouldn't pay a sub fee for it because of all the grinding I've heard about, but if it's free, I don't really have anything to lose!

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    I'll probably give it a go! I never played Aion, and I certainly wouldn't pay a sub fee for it because of all the grinding I've heard about, but if it's free, I don't really have anything to lose!
    Pretty much this. The game caught my eye when it came out but paying 50 euro at the time was not something I was willing to do. (that and a sub) Since I was still playing WoW at that time.
    I might check it out, maybe it is good.
    ◕ ‿ ◕ uguu~

10+ Year Old Account
    I am disappointed that North America doesn't get it free. I really would have played that one.
    "Can you truly help someone so intent on being stupid?"
    - Hawke

10+ Year Old Account
    BREAKING NEWS!

P2P is dead.

Please don't spam threads with this kind of nonsense. This goes for you as well as everyone else reading the thread. Keep it civil and don't herald the "end" of anything. -Edge

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Please don't spam threads with this kind of nonsense. This goes for you as well as everyone else reading the thread. Keep it civil and don't herald the "end" of anything. -Edge
    What about Travis Marshall?

Played Aion for nearly 2 years. It's a eye-candy and had some interesting PvP. "Had" because the whole Remove Shock skill really messed things up.
    None the less, I really enjoyed my Templar and I will most likely give it a go again if it turns F2P. Let's just hope their F2P model isn't as retarded as LoTRo's model was.

Quote Originally Posted by The unknown secret View Post
    WoW content might come slower but tbh new games or games like l2, aion by ncsoft got lost after 1,2 years after launch, when on the other side a game made by blizzard will win over any game made by ncsoft even after a long time.
    Like when Aion came out everyone was like "OMG THIS GAME IS A WOW KILLER" (they say about swtor the same thing) and look how it ended up? and the same thing will happen with swtor in max 2 years (il put this post on my sig in 2 years to show off i was right)
    The only people that called Aion a WoW-killer were kinda... stupid & spiteful of Warcraft, frankly. Aion was a different type of MMO in many regards and they kinda haven't changed what they set out to make by very much. Aion actually was a highly successful MMO and continues to be as it appeals to a different audience.

Really only AoC/Warhammer poised themselves as "WoW Killers" by their respective publishers. Most MMOs since then have set out to simply appeal to other types of gamers.

Guild Wars appeals to a different players, Rift, Everquest 2, Final Fantasy, LotRO, DDO, etc. All of them are profitable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, Aion is dying and the Koreans don't get it that the West wasn't born into a life of "Sleep -> Wake Up -> Study -> School -> Study -> Dinner -> Bedtime" So the grind element isn't really entertaining to us compared to Asian countries. I go through 100 attack +5 stones just to socket my weapon, that's not right that's just stupid and they better get to work on the success rate of socketing, because it's messed up and you can blow anywhere from 10-50mil kinah just to socket a 5-6 socket item, even worse if you have a couple of items needing socketing.

I already warned people not to herald the "end" of anything and lay of the "dying" crap, it causes too many problems and it's factually incorrect in this case. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2011-12-16 at 12:58 AM.

Jelly! If it went ftp in North America I'd def jump on. I'm not paying for a game with such a ridiculous grind (since I'd probably only play a few hours a month), but with a ftp model the unique gameplay would be enough to keep me semi-active, esp after I get tired of swtor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Jelly! If it went ftp in North America I'd def jump on. I'm not paying for a game with such a ridiculous grind...
    That hasn't been true since initial launch... /twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Aion is the second most successful MMO, it has 1 million subs. The only tard in here is you.
    guild wars sold 6-7 million copies, aion peaked around 4 million subs i think

---------- Post added 2011-12-15 at 08:23 PM ----------

guild wars has proven that f2p is fine. it's profitable. there is no correlation between game quality and whether you pay for a sub or not. when people decide that they'd rather get exactly teh same game for the price of the box with no sub fee, they will. 10 years ago server maintenance almost warranted a sub fee, now server maintenance is a footnote for every single company. it's just extra profit now. wow is proof that you do not get what you pay for.