Triple DPS - the way to go this season in 3's?

Triple melee, of course. Something like Ret/DK/Rogue (that's what we're playing). I don't know it just feels so smoothe, fast and easy. Even those overlord Lock/Shaman/X teams aren't that frustrating anymore with 3 dps. We're playing at 2400 mmr and having a blast and I had a feeling we're not alone.

Anyone else enjoying triple dps?

I would be if i was still playing, quit for this season cba playing a broken/weak class (Warrior). Trip dps is fun though :P

I'm a (Frost) Mage and I have a Rogue partner. We're looking for either a Feral or Disc in 3s, whatever comes first we roll to 2.2k with.

If you have the 25% buff then yeah 3s is viable depending on what you play, but I don't think it'd work out with 3 melee possibly. Depends on how you play but against a frost mage team or any CC team at a high rating, you're gonna be stopped in your tracks and wished you had some heals or dispels.

I'd say if you have at least 2 stealth DPS's and at least one CC like sheep or fear or cyclone then it'd work out to 2.2k.

But also, you better have high burst specs/classes because unless you have a good off heals you're gonna have to wrap the first kill up in the first 30 seconds of the match.

Edit: I seem to have overlooked you actually play at 2400 MMR and are successful, eh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Did Hunter/Blood DK/X yesterday where X kept changing. Had a rogue, a ret, a warrior and a mage at different points.

Might try UH/Lock/SP tonight when the lock and SP get back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

I've played 2,2k with sub rogue/arms warrior/ret paladin (me) in season 9 and this season we tried it again and it works very well and is amazing fun compared to playing with 2 dps and healer. With increased meele damage from 20% BOM and 25% mortal strike, people die faster than never before. But can be frustrating too when meeting holy paladins and frost mages.

EDIT: I originally tested this comp out because 2 of my best irl friends play rogue and warrior, and it was awesome that we could be competitive together. This season we started pve too and im already using 2-piece bonus for ret and we're hoping to be lucky to get Vial of Shadows, 2 x Bone-link fetish, 2x Gurthalak and our rogue is getting legendary daggers. It's gonna be complete faceroll since we are already doing great at 2200MMR and beating top 10 teams.
    Last edited by Johnmatrix; 2011-12-15 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bmn1 View Post
    Triple melee, of course. Something like Ret/DK/Rogue (that's what we're playing). I don't know it just feels so smoothe, fast and easy. Even those overlord Lock/Shaman/X teams aren't that frustrating anymore with 3 dps. We're playing at 2400 mmr and having a blast and I had a feeling we're not alone.

Anyone else enjoying triple dps?
    I would assume you'd gear accordingly if you're going for a bursty kind of comp where resilience isn't SUPER important compared to specific trinkets and weapons. It could be viable.