All this anger, 2-3 weeks from now

...will be forgotten. People will go about their daily grinds, killing 10 ewoks and farming 5 bantha heads, killing Sith and massacring Jedi, and the world will keep turning.

And all...will be...forgotten.

Also, Bioware, YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!

Deleted
    but... the quest are not kill 10 this take 5 this... and if the quest are like you say... are still 10x times funnier than wow. and if you think that of TOR you can still paying your wow sub for reused content and reused models without any difficulty or feeling of epicness

Diminished, not forgotten. If you ask me a year from now what the worst MMO launch I've been involved in was, I'm fairly certian I will say this one. Will there be threads up and raging on the forums about it? I doubt it, but I don't think this black stain on the game will completely disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by katsumo View Post
    but... the quest are not kill 10 this take 5 this... and if the quest are like you say... are still 10x times funnier than wow. and if you think that of TOR you can still paying your wow sub for reused content and reused models without any difficulty or feeling of epicness
    I'm guessing this is about the early access drama, nothing to do with WoW vs ToR.
    ~Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.~
    ~Every damn thing you do in this life, you have to pay for.~

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Diminished, not forgotten. If you ask me a year from now what the worst MMO launch I've been involved in was, I'm fairly certian I will say this one. Will there be threads up and raging on the forums about it? I doubt it, but I don't think this black stain on the game will completely disappear.
    This is laughable. Worst MMO launch in history.. really? did the game crash?.. no did the game not work at all.. like some MMO's recently ..No

Wait was the launch smooth as butter, servers worked like a dream with no lag or ques of any kind? YEP but wait.. you said it was the worst in history.. wow thats a tall order to live up to. Let me see if I can get what your getting at.

Hmm.. ah yes a few people had to be introduced to what its like to not have immediate gratification and wait.. JUST LIKE THEY WHERE TOLD THEY WOULD.

Yep absolutely the worst in history lol

Its truly sad what a lot of gamers have devolved into these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think hes talking about all the ppl fuming over early realease and saying that they will forget about how mad they were once they are knee deep in the game
    and im not sure what Xeones is talking about at all beacause its not launched its early release launch is on Dec 20 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    It is not the worst by far that goes to Aion or FF14. TOR launch is more of a very odd fluke. First off a few things that were heavily expected have not happened when you put it up against say Rifts launch which is more recent.

First off EU shards were reading low pop during the night and at times even I would not expect. There were low and standard pop NA servers and hardly that many high pop servers. This tells people that Bioware might have been too cautious.

Honestly the qq is warranted when you see a server that is open and obviously not full, but you are told to wait until the next day when they get to work. It is just a weird way to manage a launch. I seriously expected waves to continue like it did in Rift until everyone was in.

Now stuff like the pvp exploit bug should have been caught in Beta obviously, but there have not been major crashes.

I pay for my WoW to see what MoP will be like, and so if I wanna feel like a god, I can go solo content (Ret/Prot Paladin, with a LFR Souldrinker for Prot spec).
    I pay for my SWTOR for the challenge and storyline like only BioWare produce, without requiring 9/24 other people and a dedicated schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexies View Post
    This is laughable. Worst MMO launch in history.. really? did the game crash?.. no did the game not work at all.. like some MMO's recently ..No

Wait was the launch smooth as butter, servers worked like a dream with no lag or ques of any kind? YEP but wait.. you said it was the worst in history.. wow thats a tall order to live up to. Let me see if I can get what your getting at.

Hmm.. ah yes a few people had to be introduced to what its like to not have immediate gratification and wait.. JUST LIKE THEY WHERE TOLD THEY WOULD.

Yep absolutely the worst in history lol

Its truly sad what a lot of gamers have devolved into these days.
    Servers crashed? At least one has. People waiting in queues with no clue when that will end? Yep. Stopping invites at 1:30 while servers are empty? Yep.

Like I said, it will be diminished but not forgotten. It's been a disaster so far.

---------- Post added 2011-12-14 at 09:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nino View Post
    i think hes talking about all the ppl fuming over early realease and saying that they will forget about how mad they were once they are knee deep in the game
    and im not sure what Xeones is talking about at all beacause its not launched its early release launch is on Dec 20 2011
    This is a big day for us; we are launching Star Wars: The Old Republic, BioWare’s largest and most ambitious project to date, and we’re very proud that you’ve been able to join us. It’s an honor to be able to share this game with you.
    Let me just drop you a quote and let you go trololololol yourself home.

Protip: Game hasn't even launched yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Are you even playing the same game? Really? there where like two that crashed initially and where back up in like 5 minutes tops, I have heard of no ques what so ever...

But its obvious your just here to troll and try to make something out of nothing and that's fine.. ridiculous.. but fine I suppose for those who cant be entertained in other ways.

I guess you weren't there for The Burning Crusade launch, where the game was unplayable for 2 weeks, and started being stable in the 3rd, at least on Medivh server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Servers crashed? At least one has. People waiting in queues with no clue when that will end? Yep. Stopping invites at 1:30 while servers are empty? Yep.

Like I said, it will be diminished but not forgotten. It's been a disaster so far.

---------- Post added 2011-12-14 at 09:57 AM ----------

Let me just drop you a quote and let you go trololololol yourself home.
    oh wait..so you can nitpick the word "launch" in that quote, but you read over the "UP TO" part for the early access?

Quote Originally Posted by katsumo View Post
    If you haven't encountered the reused models, the do this, kill that, or whatnots, you haven't played much of this game either. There are truly fun quests and there are some truly aggravating ones too. The same could be said for WOW. There are some truly killer quests to do in WOW (like being the quest giver or punching death wing)
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by Vexies View Post
    Are you even playing the same game? Really? there where like two that crashed initially and where back up in like 5 minutes tops, I have heard of no ques what so ever...

But its obvious your just here to troll and try to make something out of nothing and that's fine.. ridiculous.. but fine I suppose for those who cant be entertained in other ways.
    The irony. Last night on server status one of the servers is listed as offline, so at least one crashed. Anyone who hasn't gotten invited to the early access is sitting in a queue right now, one that has lasted for over 24 hours. This hasn't been rivaled by any game so far.

15+ Year Old Account
    Closing this stupid QQ thread. Bioware is giving you up to an entire week to play their game for free prior to release just for pre-ordering. Stop acting like you are entitled to the entire EGA time when they told you months ago you wouldn't be.