Thread: Bear Tank

Bear Tank

Hello, just a few questions. I am a feral tank for my guild, currently 7/7 and 6/8 as far as raiding. We primarily stick to 10s but i also OT our main weekly LFR. Gems, Enchants (I realize i have slacked in this area), reforges and such are all according to Rawr, ElitistJerks, and tips from this site. My real question is about Threat. Against warriors and paladins i have 0 issues, however against death knights it is nothing but an uphill battle.

Would post armory link however I havent posted enough.....so for curiosity's sake I am Syonyde of US Argent Dawn

Share some thoughts? Is this just the way of tanking?

Cloak enchant could be 250 armor instead. Minor thing, could go either way.

Belive you need 20 stats or 75 stam on your chest still.

Re-forge the crit on your bracers to dodge.

Re-forge the crit on your weapon to dodge.

Keep the expertise on your gloves (You say you lack threat, so you want 26 expertise, could help alot on threat). Re-forge the crit to mastery instead. Consider get the Leatherworking stam kit for enchant, instead of 50 mastery, your choise.

For your boots get 30 stam/minor moment increase. Its really just handy and no-brainer enchant to have. And its dirtcheap (Like 10g or so). Re-forge the crit to dodge.

On your 1st ring (Loop) re-forge the haste to dodge.

2nd ring re-forge the crit to dodge.

Talents/glyphs:

Medium glyph first. Thorns could be changed to feral charge glyph, minor thing. Up to you.

Nothing else from what I can tell.

You sure on the choise of your 20 AGI/20 mastery gems? Im abit of a stam-lover, I would go with shifting demonseye instead for red sockets AGI/STAM), either way its fine. Your choise.

Get 26 expertise for sure if you lack threat. Should help it.

Always use mangle on CD if your not. Conserve rage, dont just spame thrash/swipe on single target if you could end up lack rage. Vengeance is now instant gained on your 1st hit taken, should help on your threat. Pull with beserker, and use it often. Especially for 5 mans its sick on AOE.

Eh, vengence is cool. Nuf said. Tell him to lay off for 3 GCD's and you'll be fine. ^ comments are good. One comment, is if you know a taunt is coming in a few seconds, save a mangle, or a maul, or both. Those will shore up your threat pretty well.

If its any consilation, warriors and pallies complain about my threat, as i'm sure they do about yours.
    Master of Things to DO