Leveling with my GF

Hi!

I'm still expecting my EGA but I want to know something about the game.

Can I level together with my GF if we are different race/class?
    If we start with her class missions, then she will level faster than me (Exp mobs, exp missions); and then in my class missions, we will probably over-level the mission mobs, so less exp in my class leveling...

Is there a way to compensate this? The storyline seems a little single-player oriented to me...

Thanks and regards!

---------- Post added 2011-12-14 at 08:55 PM ----------

Yes, you can level easily as a duo. If you want to start together, it'll be easiest if you pick classes that start on the same planet.
    The starter planet combos are:
    Sith Warrior / Inquisitor
    Bounty hunter / Imperial agent
    Jedi Knight / Consular
    Trooper / Smuggler

Race has no bearing on leveling.

You leave the starting planet at around level 10, so you could also pick whatever class you want and then meet up after the first planet. I didn't notice too many problems with overleveling content while duoing. You can tag along during your friend's class quests, but you won't be able to choose any dialogue options.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuelvimes View Post
    Hi!

I'm still expecting my EGA but I want to know something about the game.

Can I level together with my GF if we are different race/class?
    If we start with her class missions, then she will level faster than me (Exp mobs, exp missions); and then in my class missions, we will probably over-level the mission mobs, so less exp in my class leveling...

Is there a way to compensate this? The storyline seems a little single-player oriented to me...

Thanks and regards!

---------- Post added 2011-12-14 at 08:55 PM ----------

You lose no EXP from grouping at all, and Gain social points.

So if you have someone to play along with I would say go for it. Also I read somewhere that all party members present will gained 75% of the EXP other players get doing bonus missions and such that they cannot get themselves.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    You lose no EXP from grouping at all, and Gain social points.

So if you have someone to play along with I would say go for it. Also I read somewhere that all party members present will gained 75% of the EXP other players get doing bonus missions and such that they cannot get themselves.
    Anyway you can find/tell where that info is?

dump her and make swtor your new girlfriend

Once your off your starting planet, you can go side by side the rest of the way , they story lines will be different but everything else is wide open. There are tons of other quests beside the story line quests, actually there are a lot more random non story based quests then there are story line ones.

Thanks for your answers! If there are not very much class specific quests, we will create Warrior/Inquisitor; elsewhere, we will make two inquisitors

Deleted
    Bare in mind that two of the same class cant do class quests together. You need to split the group for class quests.

A Warrior/Inquistor can help each others class quests. But not warrior/warrior or Inq/Inq

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JackHeart View Post
    Bare in mind that two of the same class cant do class quests together. You need to split the group for class quests.

A Warrior/Inquistor can help each others class quests. But not warrior/warrior or Inq/Inq
    You can help same class with their class quests. You just need to turn the option on in the preferences. The trick with that is, that who ever enters the instance first, is the only one getting profit. So if for example two inquisitors enter an instance to finish inquisitor class quest, it has to be done twice. First person nr1 enters, you finish the place and he gets profit. Then you leave and go in again, but this time person nr2 enters first.

Deleted
    You can level just fine together with different classes (Race has zero influence). Except that you may not be on the same origin world. This is.. I'd say if you take things slowly roughly 3-4 hours. Nothing compared to what you'll spend in total. Everything except the origin world you can do together just fine.

As for the solo story missions. BioWare has an amazing solution for this. Spectator mode. You can join one another (Even if you're the same class, you just need to enable this in the options) during their solo missions and get to enjoy two stories at once this way. In one you're not really there, think of it as being her sidekick during her story missions, and she's your sidekick during yours. You can help one another killing mobs and bosses, the dialog is just for you alone but both can see/hear/watch it.

It's quite neat I'd say, I do enjoy the spectator mode when helping out some friends.

Other than class specific stories (usually will mark by a green phase entrance).. You should be fine.

In fact this game really encourages people to group up to do solo quest because of the extra social points awards

Respect, i would never play with my girlfriend. But, yes SWTOR's group-questing system is amazing.

Enjoy the story!