1. #1
    Warchief Sand Person's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Tatooine (Outside Mos Eisley)
    Posts
    2,012

    Mesmer, the Psychic Mage

    the last profession has been anounced. the mesmer. i can't wait.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=g-wPHRE-z54

    here's the official site

    http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-gam...ssions/mesmer/

    now i have a problem; Engineer or Mesmer?

  2. #2

  3. #3
    The Lightbringer jvbastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Flanders
    Posts
    3,546
    after reading this:

    For example, a mesmer equipped with a sword has two clone-summoning skills: Leap, which launches him forward, leaving a clone at his location, and Illusionary Leap, which summons a clone at his location that then jumps forward.
    I'm set on mesmer. It was my main in GW1 (mainly because male mesmer fow armor is pure awesomeness) and still my favorite class in any mmo ever.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

  4. #4
    Scarab Lord Arkenaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    4,390
    They better get "summon phantasmal minstrel" that applies an AoE confusion to all foes in earshot.

  5. #5
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    They better get "summon phantasmal minstrel" that applies an AoE confusion to all foes in earshot.
    lol it can be an elite skill, summons 5 phantasmal minstrels that skip around singing causing confusion to all foes caught in their area...


    Oh Anet... please let it be so xD
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  6. #6
    Stood in the Fire Zazajin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Skettis
    Posts
    474
    I like that Mesmer seem somewhat more insidious now.

  7. #7
    Mechagnome Blood Crusade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    566
    The idea of an illusion mage sounds like fun. Never played one in GW1 though.

  8. #8
    Scarab Lord Arkenaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    4,390
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Crusade View Post
    The idea of an illusion mage sounds like fun. Never played one in GW1 though.
    You didn't miss much, the mesmer of yore was mostly a debuffer with health degeneration and interrupts. It's been completely overhauled.

  9. #9
    Mechagnome Blood Crusade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    566
    That's what I figured, didn't look like the class I remembered.

  10. #10
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    You didn't miss much, the mesmer of yore was mostly a debuffer with health degeneration and interrupts. It's been completely overhauled.
    HEY!! The Mesmers of yore were amazing!! All the chaos you could cause, and all the slurs that you get to hear from people!! Oh i can't wait till GW2 where i have a feeling all those slurs and all that chaos shall be amplified!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  11. #11
    Scarab Lord Arkenaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    4,390
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    HEY!! The Mesmers of yore were amazing!! All the chaos you could cause, and all the slurs that you get to hear from people!! Oh i can't wait till GW2 where i have a feeling all those slurs and all that chaos shall be amplified!
    Heh, well in my defense the highest I ever leveled a mesmer was 14, I was never a fan of their playstyle. I did like cry of frustration though.

  12. #12
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Heh, well in my defense the highest I ever leveled a mesmer was 14, I was never a fan of their playstyle. I did like cry of frustration though.
    lol cry of frustration is nice, but nothing is as close to my heart as Arcane Conundrum, and Etheral Burden... Oh so many tears... I snare people, i slow their casting, and my energy isn't even effected...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  13. #13
    They look interesting for sure, but it hasn't deterred me from being a warrior.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •