[Boomkin] some tier comparisons, with logs

Okay so I managed to get gloves and a hat out of LFR, which were ilvl upgrades over my 378 tier. I have 391 chest and legs, shoulders off. A lot of numbers being crunched say that holding on to 4p is stronger dps but I wasn't sure, so I decided to run some tests... here are the results:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/178123/
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fresh/advanced

11:14 = 2p/2p 26051 dps
    11:26 = 4p t12 25863 dps
    11:41 = 2p/2p with Starsurge glyph 26428 dps

Some notes about the rotation I used:

• With 4p t12 I used starfall on CD and only hardcast starsurge when I was in an eclipse, using all shooting star procs when they came up, unless i was one cast away from eclipse.
    • With 2p/2p I used starsurge and shooting stars on cd (again, unless 1 cast away from eclipse). Starfall on CD
    • When I used 2p/2p with the starsurge glyph I was able to get an eclipsed starfall every time i entered lunar, so I saved it for that

Possible skews in my results:

I noticed my Rathrak, the Poisonous Mind jumped to a 2nd target a couple of times, but not every time, and starfall hits lots of test dummies so the numbers aren't 100% accurate for single target fights... but i tested from the same position on the same dummy so it is consistent across the logs.

Conclusion:

The dps is almost the same going from 378 - 384, so getting the 397 tier over 378 is definitely going to be a strong upgrade, but if you're rocking 4p 391 t12 its probably still the way to go. Anyway, yeah, those are the results I got so I'll probably keep both and switch them out depending on where I need my eclipses to be and when. For instance, I'll use 2 and 2 on Yor'sahj so Ill just be entering eclipse when oozes come out, but 4p on Blackhorn and Spine since there is lots of aoe AND single target, making it necessary to move through eclipses quickly. Because starfall is a lot harder to test on a dummy its hard to say if the dps gain of the glyphis THAT much higher for every fight but its definitely the way to go on multitarget. Hopefully this helps some other moonkin friends out there.
    Last edited by fews; 2011-12-14 at 07:41 PM.

good comparisons, unfortunately I have no heroic t12 so Im kinda stuck with our bad t13.

Deleted
    Eh, nice comparison. but I'm still gonna wait with breaking my 4 set until I get pieces that are actually worth it. I'd rather pass them to our Feral tank and mage as of now, since they're getting more out of the setbonuses than I would.
    I'm currently rocking 391 4p (excluding head, which is the first piece I'm going to call dibs on, along with the legs)