1. #1

    help me understand my mastery please

    character link

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...2rsaken/simple

    what is the formula for reading this... it says i have 13.54 mastery points does that mean on top of the 10% echo of light i have 13.54 x 1.25% on top of that added to echo of light?

    also constructive critisim about spec,gems,enchants and reforging would be appreciated( i know i need to change gem on boots to 20 int 20 haste )

    thanks for the help

  2. #2
    Blademaster Tholey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    An igloo
    Posts
    35
    With a base of 0 mastery, your spells will heal the target for 10% over 6 seconds. Each point of mastery increases the amount healed by 1.25%. 13.54*1.25=16.925, plus the 10% base would mean that you have 27% mastery. (Rounded to the next whole number)

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Tholey View Post
    With a base of 0 mastery, your spells will heal the target for 10% over 6 seconds. Each point of mastery increases the amount healed by 1.25%. 13.54*1.25=16.925, plus the 10% base would mean that you have 27% mastery. (Rounded to the next whole number)
    so does that ultimatly mean my heals will heal for and addition 27% of the heal over 6 seconds?

  4. #4
    Blademaster Tholey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    An igloo
    Posts
    35
    Yes. If you've healed the target with say, a greater heal, it would automatically place a hot on that target, healing it for 27% of the greater heal. If I remember correctly, it also works with prayer of healing and circle of healing.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Tholey View Post
    Yes. If you've healed the target with say, a greater heal, it would automatically place a hot on that target, healing it for 27% of the greater heal. If I remember correctly, it also works with prayer of healing and circle of healing.


    woooooooow, time to find all the mastery gear i can get as long as i stay at 12% haste ....thanks alot

  6. #6
    That's not right...

    Most classes/specs start with 8.00 Mastery (Frost mages and Fury warriors are the only ones that don't), assuming you have 0 Mastery Rating from items. Since Echo of Light is 1.25% per point, this times 8.00 is 10.00%, hence the description will show 10%.

    The Armory, for some reason, only shows this base value (the 10% in this case). In game tooltips will be somewhat more accurate, though it will show percentages rounded down.

    13.54 total mastery means you have 5.54 mastery from gear (it's approximately ~179 rating for 1 point, so your 993 rating gives 5.54 on top of the 8 you start with), and 13.54 * 1.25 = ~16.925% of your healing is added as a HOT. But again, the armory will only show 10% regardless of your Mastery rating, and your in game tooltip might only show 16% (since it rounds down on the tooltip), but it actually will be around 16.92%.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    That's not right...

    Most classes/specs start with 8.00 Mastery (Frost mages and Fury warriors are the only ones that don't), assuming you have 0 Mastery Rating from items. Since Echo of Light is 1.25% per point, this times 8.00 is 10.00%, hence the description will show 10%.

    The Armory, for some reason, only shows this base value (the 10% in this case). In game tooltips will be somewhat more accurate, though it will show percentages rounded down.

    13.54 total mastery means you have 5.54 mastery from gear (it's approximately ~179 rating for 1 point, so your 993 rating gives 5.54 on top of the 8 you start with), and 13.54 * 1.25 = ~16.925% of your healing is added as a HOT. But again, the armory will only show 10% regardless of your Mastery rating, and your in game tooltip might only show 16% (since it rounds down on the tooltip), but it actually will be around 16.92%.
    Glad someone else caught that. I was just about to say (virtually) the same thing!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    That's not right...

    Most classes/specs start with 8.00 Mastery (Frost mages and Fury warriors are the only ones that don't), assuming you have 0 Mastery Rating from items. Since Echo of Light is 1.25% per point, this times 8.00 is 10.00%, hence the description will show 10%.

    The Armory, for some reason, only shows this base value (the 10% in this case). In game tooltips will be somewhat more accurate, though it will show percentages rounded down.

    13.54 total mastery means you have 5.54 mastery from gear (it's approximately ~179 rating for 1 point, so your 993 rating gives 5.54 on top of the 8 you start with), and 13.54 * 1.25 = ~16.925% of your healing is added as a HOT. But again, the armory will only show 10% regardless of your Mastery rating, and your in game tooltip might only show 16% (since it rounds down on the tooltip), but it actually will be around 16.92%.
    this makes sense, was hoping mastery was a little better than this

  9. #9
    Well... it's still 1.25% healing per point. You having ~17% healing added as a HOT now isn't as impressive as if you had ~27% healing as a HOT like you thought a few minutes ago, but adding 180 Mastery Rating will still go from 17 to 18.25, or from 27 to 28.25; still 1.25% either way.

    I'm quite sure stacking Mastery (assuming Spirit and Haste are adequate) as Holy is viable, if not recommended.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tholey View Post
    With a base of 0 mastery, your spells will heal the target for 10% over 6 seconds. Each point of mastery increases the amount healed by 1.25%. 13.54*1.25=16.925, plus the 10% base would mean that you have 27% mastery. (Rounded to the next whole number)
    It does not round up to the next whole digit :/
    If it did, we'd have breakpoints, i.e. ##.51 Mastery

    EoL works on:
    Heal, Fheal, GHeal, BHeal, Serenity, Sanctuary, Prayer of Mending, Prayer of Healing, Circle of Healing, Holy Nova, and Divine Hymn.

    And while it does not work on Renew ticks, if you're talented for Divine Touch, the initial heal from said talent does proc EoL as well

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Themos View Post
    And while it does not work on Renew ticks, if you're talented for Divine Touch, the initial heal from said talent does proc EoL as well
    Or in other words, yo dawg, we heard you like healing, so we put a heal on your heal-over-time, and some healing-over-time on your heals, so you can heal over time while healing over time! Or something like that.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    Or in other words, yo dawg, we heard you like healing, so we put a heal on your heal-over-time, and some healing-over-time on your heals, so you can heal over time while healing over time! Or something like that.
    I think the most relevant question is


    DOES IT BLEND

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •