Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Ice Cream Shop. A story. Part II.

Unfortunately, The Ice Cream Shop Owners, having failed Geography and/or simply hating Australians... err, people from the next block over... decides that they are not allowed to sample the Ice Cream because fuck them is why.

End.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

10+ Year Old Account
    haha awesome story!
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestion View Post
    What a brilliant analogy!
    What a terrible analogy. When you eat icecream, you aren't competing with other ice-cream eaters in ice-cream eating markets to or seeing who is the most powerful ice-cream eater around.

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    What a terrible analogy. When you eat icecream, you aren't competing with other ice-cream eaters in ice-cream eating markets to or seeing who is the most powerful ice-cream eater around.
    And there's the problem. The game isn't created to showcase your domination over others, it's to have fun and enjoy yourself.

BESIDES, if you truly wanted to compete in a contest to eat the most ice-cream, surely a competitive eater would have foreseen that getting in line earlier would allow them to eat more ice-cream than their "competitors".
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

15+ Year Old Account
    Apparently, you're eating ice cream the wrong way, there can be only one!
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I challenge you to an ice cream eating contest!

Your analogy has some flaws, (not saying that BW is doing it wrong, pointing flaws in story), the the story there was no expectation for Early Ice Cream, in the SW:TOR case, when anyone bought the product, or seen it advertised, THAT WAS THERE, it was not "unexpected", and Origin.com is falsely advertising, stating.

Early Access has started! Pre-Order now to play.

^ This is highly misleading, to the uninformed customer, wishing to partake of this product, has been lead to believe that he infact can enjoy his icecream today.

TL;DR

Story is a good mockery, with some flaws.

However, The QQer's do have a somewhat valid point (only a few) That the product is being advertised, at this moment, that if you pre-order now, you partake in the goods now, which is clearly NOT the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    LoL, that may well be the best first post I've seen on a forum in a while keep up that quality and you'll find a good home here.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    Your analogy has some flaws, (not saying that BW is doing it wrong, pointing flaws in story), the the story there was no expectation for Early Ice Cream, in the SW:TOR case, when anyone bought the product, or seen it advertised, THAT WAS THERE, it was not "unexpected", and Origin.com is falsely advertising, stating.

^ This is highly misleading, to the uninformed customer, wishing to partake of this product, has been lead to believe that he infact can enjoy his icecream today.

TL;DR

However, The QQer's do have a somewhat valid point (only a few) That the product is being advertised, at this moment, that if you pre-order now, you partake in the goods now, which is clearly NOT the case.
    Then the uninformed customer should learn how to be more informed. Who purchases a product and gives away money without finding out all of the details about said purchase?

Kids with their parents credit cards?

10+ Year Old Account

TL;DR

Except that isn't what the sign says:

Is it misleading? Possibly. It is false? Not at all. If you want to play during early access, you must preorder. It's that simple. "Pre-order to play" does not imply "now". If people would stop having unrealistic expectations, they would likely have longer, happier lives and wouldn't feel the need to nerdrage over the internet about something they were never promised but convinced themselves they were.

And the story wasn't that flawed. It is true that we were let in earlier than we initially expected. The only small change is that we were let in before we thought we would be let in before the grand opening instead of just before it. The funny thing is that 90%+ of the preorders will get the full 5 days that were initially "promised" and yet here we are with whiners and complainers raging at the fact that they weren't given MORE than they were initially promised. /mindboggled

Quote Originally Posted by Morros View Post
    Then the uninformed customer should learn how to be more informed. Who purchases a product and gives away money without finding out all of the details about said purchase?

Kids with their parents credit cards?
    The problem is, where a customer that does not have the backing in Forums or the like, will read the products description, which says on Origin.com

If you were a suspecting customer, that had not followed forums knowing the exact case of EA, What would that sound like to YOU

---------- Post added 2011-12-15 at 03:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by link064 View Post
    Except that isn't what the sign says:

Is it misleading? Possibly. It is false? Not at all. If you want to play during early access, you must preorder. It's that simple. "Pre-order to play" does not imply "now". If people would stop having unrealistic expectations, they would likely have longer, happier lives and wouldn't feel the need to nerdrage over the internet about something they were never promised but convinced themselves they were.

And the story wasn't that flawed. It is true that we were let in earlier than we initially expected. The only small change is that we were let in before we thought we would be let in before the grand opening instead of just before it. The funny thing is that 90%+ of the preorders will get the full 5 days that were initially "promised" and yet here we are with whiners and complainers raging at the fact that they weren't given MORE than they were initially promised. /mindboggled
    I copied the First 8 Words, word for word, Sir. Perhaps, you should look at my post again.

The problem is, where a customer that does not have the backing in Forums or the like, will read the products description, which says on Origin.com

If you were a suspecting customer, that had not followed forums knowing the exact case of EA, What would that sound like to YOU
    That would sound to me, like I need to do some research and find out what this Early Access is and what exactly I was being entitled to by purchasing.

Not everyone reads something and goes OMG THAT MUST BE EVERY SINGLE DETAIL THAT I NEED TO KNOW! Companies generally advertise the important parts, and it's up to the consumer to find out everything they need to know to make an informed purchase.

Since you aren't required in anyway to purchase it, it is the sole responsibility of the consumer to educate himself/herself as much as possible on ANY product.

A quick google of SWTOR Early Access gives me this two sites as the first two hits.

http://www.ripten.com/2011/12/13/swt...s-oh-the-rage/

http://www.swtor.com/early-access

Both of which give me a good idea of what to expect with this Early Access. It took me less than 2 minutes to become a consumer informed on the Early Access deal that I would get for pre-ordering SWTOR right now.

That would sound to me, like I need to do some research and find out what this Early Access is and what exactly I was being entitled to by purchasing.

Not everyone reads something and goes OMG THAT MUST BE EVERY SINGLE DETAIL THAT I NEED TO KNOW! Companies generally advertise the important parts, and it's up to the consumer to find out everything they need to know to make an informed purchase.

Since you aren't required in anyway to purchase it, it is the sole responsibility of the consumer to educate himself/herself as much as possible on ANY product.

A quick google of SWTOR Early Access gives me this two sites as the first two hits.

http://www.ripten.com/2011/12/13/swt...s-oh-the-rage/

http://www.swtor.com/early-access

Both of which give me a good idea of what to expect with this Early Access. It took me less than 2 minutes to become a consumer informed on the Early Access deal that I would get for pre-ordering SWTOR right now.
    Again, you =/= to all customers, I knew the case, you did too, not all people react to situations the way you do.

and Dont tell me bioware didnt try to do this on purpose.

Let me add this, even to The consumer that is looking it up on the TOR site, there is not a damn thing thats says he wont get his invite immediately now that is 12/13-12/20 Thanks for validating my point
    Last edited by Dupree; 2011-12-15 at 04:05 AM.

Again, you =/= to all customers, I knew the case, you did too, not all people react to situations the way you do.

Let me add this, even to The consumer that is looking it up on the TOR site, there is not a damn thing thats says he wont get his invite immediately now that is 12/13-12/20 Thanks for validating my point
    If a consumer wishes to make a blind purchase that is their fault, not BioWare's. The information is out there, BioWare isn't trying to hide it, and while to you the advertisement may seem misleading, it still isn't false, if you pre-order you get early access. It says pre-order to play, not pre-order to gain immediate early access right this second!

A consumer wouldn't know what early access was, and if they didn't take the time to find out, then that's their fault.

Would you buy a car based on a printed advertisement, without ever taking the time to look at the car? Or maybe do some research, ala CarFax?

People just need to stop being lazy and take 2 minutes to find out a ton of information about the product they are purchasing, whether it's SWTOR or a Car, or a teddy bear.

I copied the First 8 Words, word for word, Sir. Perhaps, you should look at my post again.
    Actually you didn't, pulled directly from your above post:

That lone bolded word makes the difference. Adding the word "now" where you did gives the illusion of miss-information where in reality there really isn't any being given.

The second link they gave was on the TOR website. Thanks for invalidating your own point.
    Last edited by Dedweight; 2011-12-15 at 04:23 AM.

Yes, they did do it on purpose. To get people to obviously buy the game and then piss them off with "False advertising".

No, they are doing this entire event to benefit everyone! They have already extended the days for early access by two! Because of this, they were unable to give anyone advance warning on when they might get in!

What I think many of the angry people are forgetting, is that, if they actually let in everyone who has per-ordered, the servers will be crashing left and right, queue times will be insane. If you ask the average Joe who pre-ordered about how they think the situation should be fixed this late in the game, after telling them the repercussions, they will either say:

1) "Who cares, I want in", in which case we have crashing servers for a day until everything is balanced out.

2) "Add more servers now!". Did you pay attention to the Rift launch? They did just this, and it caused a huge influx of people spreading evenly on many servers, not even making them all full. Then the inevitable shrink came, and many servers were left nearly barren, and they had to then merge said servers. This is a lot of work on the company's plate that I would rather leave empty for more important issues (see last minute bugs/exploits).

Also, I believe, if you asked a random person if they would have no qualm with just letting them in, and ignoring all the other pleas of people in the same predicament, they would love to get in, and forget about their cause. Many of them are out for themselves, banning under the cause of "false advertisement" as a justification of their cries. I believe this pretty much undermines the issue's integrity nearly completely.

As you can tell, I'm not in yet, but I will be tomorrow. I'm glad I can get in to play for free before launch even starts for as much as I am allowed. This is a gift to us, not a requirement. And man, I don't need to be talking like this, this thread is about ice-cream anyway!
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

I just love how they started the early access 2 days earlier then expected, and people are still bitching about when they get in.
    This of it this way, if you get in tomorrow, you get the 5 days early access that you were expecting to get all along until bioware gave 2 more days of it.

People should be thrilled about this instead of QQing. If the statement about tomorrows invites hold true, myself, who didnt pre order until october, will get the entier 5 days of early play time that was expected from the start instead of 1 or 2 days.

Now maybe some of the stuff that people are QQing about, like "i preordered in july and im not in yet" could be true, but they could just be trying to bring out the trolls. If it is true, then that truly does suck, but it doesnt make the early access a total failure. Some mistakes are bound to happen, its the companies first MMO launch, i would be more suprised if shit didnt go wrong somewhat, and if a few people not getting in the early access when they should have is the worst of the problems, then this will indeed be about the best launch to a MMO that i can remember.

TL;DR
    When you get in have fun, if you got shafted chalk it up to bad luck and enjoy the time you do get. We have a lot of game time in our future, and these early access days will be long in the past and out of our minds soon enough!!!

If a consumer wishes to make a blind purchase that is their fault, not BioWare's. The information is out there, BioWare isn't trying to hide it, and while to you the advertisement may seem misleading, it still isn't false, if you pre-order you get early access. It says pre-order to play, not pre-order to gain immediate early access right this second!

A consumer wouldn't know what early access was, and if they didn't take the time to find out, then that's their fault.

Would you buy a car based on a printed advertisement, without ever taking the time to look at the car? Or maybe do some research, ala CarFax?

People just need to stop being lazy and take 2 minutes to find out a ton of information about the product they are purchasing, whether it's SWTOR or a Car, or a teddy bear.
    The website does not state anything restricting his EA, it seemingly confirms the Advertisement, as it does not contradict it, it does not say yes, but is sure as fuck does not say no.

Deleted
    Hmm i liek ice creams. but dont think i would wait in line for a new ice cream store.

10 out of 10 for a good way to put it XD