Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hagara Water Bubble Phase 25H - Best Approach?

I've been watching videos on this phase and guilds seem to be doing it differently. Most logs I've seen have shown guilds using only 6 healers. In the videos I've seen, some have everyone just run around the outside and move in for the (dispellable?) Frostflake. Others show just the melee with one mobile healer and the rest stacking inside by Hagara attacking the crystals at range. Is this what I think I'm seeing or is that too much damage to heal through? What seems to have worked for you?

Anybody standing inside the bubble is using an exploit that removes the bubble's damaging debuff. Expect this to be fixed eventually.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    Anybody standing inside the bubble is using an exploit that removes the bubble's damaging debuff. Expect this to be fixed eventually.
    Not necessarily, I've seen at least one video where people stand inside the bubble and just heal through the damage.

15% of your health per second is not that much as long as you're standing in a bunch of stacked Healing Rains/Sanctuaries/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveJohnKimble View Post
    Not necessarily, I've seen at least one video where people stand inside the bubble and just heal through the damage.

15% of your health per second is not that much as long as you're standing in a bunch of stacked Healing Rains/Sanctuaries/etc.
    It's a lot of damage. I'm willing to bet that the vast majority of people stacking in the middle are using the exploit that I mentioned above.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

It's a lot of damage. I'm willing to bet that the vast majority of people stacking in the middle are using the exploit that I mentioned above.
    If you're going to avoid the intended mechanics of the fight, you might as well go all out.

My guild stacks all of our ranged & healers in the middle and we do not use an exploit, we just heal through the damage. We don't even need to use major raid CD's, just an AM as we're all moving in. Once everyone gets settled in the middle it is very easy to heal through. I don't imagine this will get fixed in the future as a lot of guilds are doing it and blizzard stated when they nerfed Rag that they don't like making fights harder after many guilds have already killed it.

Here's an example of what I was talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Uvu-...ailpage#t=189s

At 3:15 you get a really good view of the people standing in the middle. That's the exploit?

15% of your health a second on a ranged class is a lot of damage? Take your average, 150K health raid buffed clothie. 15% of that is 22.5k/second. It's not a pushover, but good healers can heal through that sort of damage. Deathwing does more damage than that. Pretty sure Zon'ozz does too during his tentacle phase. Some color combos on Yorsahj are way worse. Ultraxion near the end hits far harder, even with healer buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW
    If you're going to avoid the intended mechanics of the fight, you might as well go all out.
    I can't tell if trolling or not. The encounter gives you the option of output v. execution. Guilds may prefer either method. To classify healing through what was designed as a 15% health in dmg/sec as an 'exploit' and to say that it is avoiding the 'intended' mechanics of the fight is unfounded and pretty stupid.

OP, it seems from that video that a lot of them are just being healed through the damage like I've described, though it's hard to tell if any individuals are breaking the debuff with their personals. They look like an alliance guild so any humans or gnomes could probably break the debuff with their racial cooldowns.

We just stack in middle and heal through it, with some cds it aint hard

I never said healing through the damage in the middle was an exploit, it definitely isn't. But to suggest that the outer ring of that phase was designed with the intention that players just ignore it is pretty silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    I never said healing through the damage in the middle was an exploit, it definitely isn't. But to suggest that the outer ring of that phase was designed with the intention that players just ignore it is pretty silly.
    The outer ring is not ignored, as your melee are incapable of dealing damage unless they actively participate in the ring. If your melee choose to ignore the outer ring and stay in the middle, then you rely entirely on your ranged to break the crystals, which wastes plenty of time toward the enrage. If hitbox is big enough that the melee can hit it from inside the bubble, then it's possible it is classified as avoiding intended mechanics (though, again, that doesn't explain the damage v. output choice)

Shattering throw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nadrii View Post
    Shattering throw.
    Been fixed.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by deviancee View Post
    We just stack in middle and heal through it, with some cds it aint hard
    Does anyone know if the group stacking in the middle needs to move out of the middle to get dispelled from the Frostflake? Does the patch do damage? What are you guys doing?

On our first kill we stacked in the middle with BL on one ice phase and god knows what on the other to survive.

Deleted
    Get hunter.
    Turn on Aspect of the Pack.
    Dispell instantly as the slows on floor won't even matter.
    Win.

Quote Originally Posted by Justanoob View Post
    Here's an example of what I was talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Uvu-...ailpage#t=189s

At 3:15 you get a really good view of the people standing in the middle. That's the exploit?
    Yes, they are using a feral druid with the talent feral swiftness, which removes the debuff on all nerby players.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...-gLPPRI#t=143s <- The point where they use roar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...-gLPPRI#t=373s <- even clearer they are using an exploit to dispell the debuff.

My tips, get a feral. Stack up. Walk inside. Use raoar and let melee's go /afk while ur ranged kills the crystals. This is pretty much a free kill on heroic.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cheesing the fight to make it easier than it is now is pathetic and unneeded if your guild can think for themselves. If you need to have nearly the entire raid stack in the middle it's probably time to find people who can actually think for themselves rather than ones who need their hands held.

We killed it fairly easily with EVERYONE running around the outer ring.

Any guild that kills it this way really doesn't deserve anything from it since it's just doing it on regular with a little more damage going out.

Quote Originally Posted by Justanoob View Post
    Does anyone know if the group stacking in the middle needs to move out of the middle to get dispelled from the Frostflake? Does the patch do damage? What are you guys doing?
    If you're standing inside his shield when you get dispelled it doesn't drop a patch.

If you have to cheese hagara your guild is downright terrible :\