Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxus View Post
    There nothing wrong with trying to learn about the best way to play, no matter what level you are playing at. Besides it's fun to talk about this stuff.
    Oh, I agree..but after a certain point the horse doesn't care that you are still beating it

Deleted
    I've found when LnL is up that CS takes the exact time for ES to fully tick.

What I use in between really depends on the situation and how many targets there are. MS can be a good filler if there are a few adds around. So if i have full focus and adds, it would be ES MS MS ES CS ES.

Little/no focus on a single target is ES CS ES CS ES. If focus is around 80-90% full by time i've done my 2nd ES, I'll pull ES CS ES AS AS ES. If its 95% full then its 3 x AS instead of 2.

It really depends on your gear too. As obv new tier 2 set bonus gives double focus for CS. The 4 set bonus is 30% haste buff for you and pet from AS so with a full set, I guess AS would be more attractive than just a filler.

Deleted
    You can clip ES so if you gonna use a filler it should be Low focus: ES ES CS ES or High focus: ES ES AS ES.

Deleted
    The new ES is not supose to land after the current ES has faded, they changed how DoTs work and ES is a dot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir2k View Post
    That's not what I said. I said that if you play a Hunter you are inherently not a bleeding edge DPS person. I didn't say that they were not fun to play, or couldn't be competative. They can be both. Neither is "bleeding edge" though.

Blizzard is crystal clear on which classes they are comfortable making top of the charts. Hunter is not one of them.
    Haha oh boy, i dont think you could be anymore wrong. Probably the most ignorant statement ive ever read, do us all a favour and go back to facerolling your fotm class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    The new ES is not supose to land after the current ES has faded, they changed how DoTs work and ES is a dot.
    Thanks, I completely missed this over the pages

Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    ES clips like ignite now. If you fire two ES back to back, you get 6 ticks. So our LnL-rotation has changed to ES-ES-AS-ES. (Or ES-ES-CS-ES). Keep in mind when you use AS as the filler you need to shoot AS + a heartbeat-delay, otherwise you'll miss a tick. This has been discussed and tested in the first part of the thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Thanks, I completely missed this over the pages
    The quote you showed is both correct and not, the explenation is correct its just that it dont work like ignite but like a dot.

Deleted
    The quote you showed is both correct and not, the explenation is correct its just that it dont work like ignite but like a dot.
    Yea I understand, just an easy way of explaining it I guess. The 0.1 second pause after the filler is giving me 9 ticks every time.

Although has anyone checked if the 9 ticks are all maximum damage?
    Last edited by mmoc18646deaeb; 2011-12-22 at 01:45 PM.

Deleted
    Why would they not be maximum damage from the ticks?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Yea I understand, just an easy way of explaining it I guess. The 0.1 second pause after the filler is giving me 9 ticks every time.

Although has anyone checked if the 9 ticks are all maximum damage?
    Dont understand what you mean here, clipping dots doesnt mean they somehow do less damage.

Deleted
    Why would they not be maximum damage from the ticks?
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Dont understand what you mean here, clipping dots doesnt mean they somehow do less damage.
    I didn't read into it when they made the changes, but I got the impression that the first tick of a refreshed dot was altered to fit in with the time remaining. But I looked into it now and that doesn't seem to be the case - ignore me then :P.

Deleted
    ye with the new dot refresh mehcanic you get 1 extra tic on your new Dot.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Haha oh boy, i dont think you could be anymore wrong. Probably the most ignorant statement ive ever read, do us all a favour and go back to facerolling your fotm class.
    Ha, I can't wait to hear this. Please do enlighten me on how YOUR special snowflake Hunter is a "bleeding edge" dps'er when the TOP guilds in the World are sitting theirs for HC progression due to lack of DPS.

Please share. I am allll ears.

(anxiously awaits this amazing new secret of playing a Hunter)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamperica View Post
    When I hear "bleeding edge" I think of pushing limits. True the limit on hunters isn't as high as other classes, but if you are still pushing those limits I would consider it bleeding edge. And the secret is....I'll tell you later.
    And I consider "bleeding edge" to be a comp that produces the highest DPS / Survivability yield that enables the group to succeed.

At the higher levels (read: NOT LFR & Normals), Hunters currently do not fit that model.

btw, I love playing my Hunter. I have a Paladin that easily beats his DPS on most fights, but if I had my choice of 'toons to play it would be the Hunter.

Sadly, I am typically asked to bring my Paladin to our Raids because of the much higher ceiling he has on DPS and the far greater survivability he brings to the comp (Damage reducing CD's, Lay on Hands and Bubble FTW). That, to me, is the inherent issue here.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamperica View Post
    You should choose your words more carefully than. What your mean...and the context in which people hear it do not match.
    To me it seems clear you can't be pushing the upper limits on anything when you start with an inherent handicap vs. your competition (in any field).

However it could be argued that you CAN push the "bleeding edge" on Hunter capabilities, even though they will always lag behind the "richer" DPS classes so your point is noted and I will endeavor to be more clear in the future.
    Last edited by Mjolnir2k; 2011-12-22 at 04:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir2k View Post
    And I consider "bleeding edge" to be a comp that produces the highest DPS / Survivability yield that enables the group to succeed.

At the higher levels (read: NOT LFR & Normals), Hunters currently do not fit that model.

btw, I love playing my Hunter. I have a Paladin that easily beats his DPS on most fights, but if I had my choice of 'toons to play it would be the Hunter.

Sadly, I am typically asked to bring my Paladin to our Raids because of the much higher ceiling he has on DPS and the far greater survivability he brings to the comp (Damage reducing CD's, Lay on Hands and Bubble FTW). That, to me, is the inherent issue here.
    If you class bleeding edge as playing a class i dont want to play, then you have the wrong definition there champ. Bleeding edge dps means someone who is pushing their class to the limits and maximising their damage as much as possible. It however doesnt mean rerolling to play a class you dont want to play just to push more damage, one might argue that is stupid, or even addicted. If i was forced to play a class i didnt want to play and therefore didnt have fun, you wouldnt find me playing the game which would then basically be a job thats for dam sure.