Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I've been max level for soon 3 years, I've done progression raiding, and for a long time I ain't been raiding at all. I do not just sit around waiting for heroics, doing my professions while waiting...that's just poppycock really, if you can't find more than that to do in a game this big, you must be very low on talent or imagination.

Since I've done progression raiding, I also know that anyone saying it doesn't take teamwork in WoW, doesn't know what they're talking about. Tons of talking and communication on vent, knowing that everyone knows what to do and when to do it, switching targets, taking turns at kiting and coordinate huge cooldown bursts etc etc...
    yeah, that's not teamwork...perhaps it's knitting?

GW2 will have the exact same issues that WoW has, just like SWTOR and Rift...it'll feel epic to begin with, everyone will be SO excited and do their best, and then as time goes by more and more will just stop caring as much and more bad players show up as the word spreads. In GW2 you won't have only epic pro players willing to communicate and work together with everyone else. You will no doubt have tons of "solo" players, and nobody will tell me that those events can't be overcome with you ALONE knowing what to do, as long as the others also know their part. JUST like in WoW. I'll also wait and see how many none-guildies will actually make great use of the combo abilities and buffs unless it's absolutely mandatory.

The thing that differs, is that there is no holy trinity. Still the mechanics of fights, the community and the knowing and execution of your own particular role and your abilities, will always be around. It can't exactly be more than a game that works with a keyboard and a mouse with abilities to kill stuff and keep yourself alive.

People tend to look on new games with rose-tinded glasses, and most of them drop to the ground quite early into the new games release.
    It amazes me that you read my entire post and didn't catch on that i NEVER said that instances don't require teamwork... I said it didn't FEEL like it was teamwork. And let me guess... instead of sitting around waiting for heroics you do dailys, crafting, pvp? Ya, i did that too, and being a roleplayer i also did roleplayed my ass off. I never sat around waiting for heroics either, because frankly, heroics were boring beyond all belief, i can only take so much of the SAME thing until i no longer want to do it...

And as for your GW2 comment, i'm not saying GW2 will be some holy grail that will forever be epic and amazing. However, GW2 is going to be a game i could very easily get into due to several of the elements all being things i always wanted in an mmo. And i'm pretty sure a lot of people will be taking advantage of at least SOME of the cross prof combos, such as arrows through fire wall, because it'll benefit them more to do so then not to. Is everyone going to? No absolutely not, some people are idiots, some don't care, and some wont even know what all the combos are!

As for people doing events alone, so what? If they actually do a normal De alone, who cares? They're meant to scale from 1 person all the way up to 100, it doesn't matter how many people are there! They will NOT be able to solo an elite De though, those need at least 10 people or else you'll be rocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

I think as a whole people are mentally piling GW2 with every other MMO to release post-WoW since maybe WAR and that every one of them has failed to keep a good sized userbase so therefore all future ones will fail as well. I also think some people are stuck in certain mindsets and when they see no holy trinity that is what stands out to them about GW2 and they then can't get past that single feature, they seem to ignore everything else the game is doing and just focus all discussion on the lack of the trinity.

I guess you could liken it to VHS vs DVDs, when people saw DVDs all they could think about was having to replace their collection and balked at the idea while ignoring all of the benefits that DVDs provided over VHS. You could also then apply this to DVDs vs Blu-Ray as well, same concept.

Ultimately it's fine if you still like the trinity, just don't try to discredit an entire game or ignore everything else it's doing because you're still clinging to an archaic concept that does nothing but hinder game design.

This wasn't really directed at anyone in particular, just wanted to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    It amazes me that you read my entire post and didn't catch on that i NEVER said that instances don't require teamwork... I said it didn't FEEL like it was teamwork. And let me guess... instead of sitting around waiting for heroics you do dailys, crafting, pvp? Ya, i did that too, and being a roleplayer i also did roleplayed my ass off. I never sat around waiting for heroics either, because frankly, heroics were boring beyond all belief, i can only take so much of the SAME thing until i no longer want to do it...

And as for your GW2 comment, i'm not saying GW2 will be some holy grail that will forever be epic and amazing. However, GW2 is going to be a game i could very easily get into due to several of the elements all being things i always wanted in an mmo. And i'm pretty sure a lot of people will be taking advantage of at least SOME of the cross prof combos, such as arrows through fire wall, because it'll benefit them more to do so then not to. Is everyone going to? No absolutely not, some people are idiots, some don't care, and some wont even know what all the combos are!

As for people doing events alone, so what? If they actually do a normal De alone, who cares? They're meant to scale from 1 person all the way up to 100, it doesn't matter how many people are there! They will NOT be able to solo an elite De though, those need at least 10 people or else you'll be rocked.
    It amazes ME then that you missed the I also know that anyone saying it doesn't take teamwork in WoW, in my post. It was general for this entire thread, you can easily see how many want to make it out to not be about teamwork in WoW, and they fool themselves thinking that GW2 will have a completely new set of people playing that won't be baddies, rude, egoistic and just not driven to do their best.

And when I wait for Heroics, IF I wait for them, I usually wait for a rare spawn, solo one of the easier bosses for a mount drop, do Arch, muck about in my bank, take screenshots of beautiful locations, farm for a rare companion, talk to friends and so on...I am NEVER bored in-game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    It amazes ME then that you missed the I also know that anyone saying it doesn't take teamwork in WoW, in my post. It was general for this entire thread, you can easily see how many want to make it out to not be about teamwork in WoW, and they fool themselves thinking that GW2 will have a completely new set of people playing that won't be baddies, rude, egoistic and just not driven to do their best.

And when I wait for Heroics, IF I wait for them, I usually wait for a rare spawn, solo one of the easier bosses for a mount drop, do Arch, muck about in my bank, take screenshots of beautiful locations, farm for a rare companion, talk to friends and so on...I am NEVER bored in-game.
    Ya, as i said (or maybe i deleted that part...) i'm not expecting GW2 to be some holy grail that'll be decending from the heavens to change everything we know about mmos. I just think that fights in it will FEEL like teamwork is there, more because the way you interact with each other will be more visual and less behind the scenes like in wow.

And ya, i got bored in wow, which is why i quit, but if you manage to keep yourself entertained i see no reason why anyone shouldn't keep playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.