Deleted

Discs Stats Vs Holy Stats

Hi there , im in a bit of a pickle . i raid heal ten man as disc and ive looked at alot of people on armory and forum guides about Disc in 4.3 now my problem is i is see disc stats rangeing from people having 2000 + spirit , 7.50 % haste and 20 + mastry .
    I currently have 2200 Spirit , 2000 Haste (25%) raid buffed and 2025 mastery (19.30) . should i be droping my haste in favor of more mastery or are my stats were they should be . I do have Holy off Spec but havent raided as holy before , could these stats i have work well with both specs ?
    If any one could shed a bit of light on this would be most greatfull .

My Armory

I run Holy and Disc about even. I keep Int > Spirit > Haste 9% > Mastery > All else.
    Do I have excess mana as Disc? Pretty much, but I am able to spam more shields and Flash Heals, then I would as 2k Spirit Disc.

But like I said, I switch a lot depending on the fight, and what CDs work better for that fight (ie. guardian spirit for Madness single tanking).
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

Deleted

All depends...

There is no 'right stat' for disc. It depends what you're doing, and with whom, and on your own personal playstyle and preferences.

If you're AA/A specced then haste is probably the way to go imo, but if you use PWS very heavily then get more mastery. For PoH spam haste mastery and crit are all useful stats, there's not one which is particularly great. Again my personal preference is haste because I see more ppl die because I healed a fraction of a second too slow than a tiny amount too little.

In terms of a holy off-spec you probably want more spirit. Disc gets silly amounts of mana back from rapture, and has a larger mana pool due to the +15% int whereas holys regen is spirit only and gets a +15% healing. Having just sorted out a holy spec and gear for raiding I'm sat just over 3k spirit which feels like just about enough for me to go all out for brief periods without going oom in no time at all.

Deleted
    Yes, I was wondering this as well, as I was considering picking up a Holy spec for Ultraxion and maybe Spine. So far, Holy is still awful for me to play, but maybe it's because my spirit is way too low? I am running approx 2.4k spi which is fine and often more than enough for Disc, but even swapping out to some spirit items, I end up feeling mana drained even with careful play as Holy.

My fellow druid loves it tho as he can reign supreme on the meters again, unlike when I run as Disc...

Anyways, how do you reach 3k+ spirit? Gem/enchant for it? Spirit trinkets?

Deleted

3k Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by Laseen View Post

Anyways, how do you reach 3k+ spirit? Gem/enchant for it? Spirit trinkets?
    Just wear a full set of 378/384/391/397 spirit pieces and you'll have about 3k. I have a couple of purple Int/SPirit gems to pick up Int bonuses, but otherwise gem Int. I have Fiery Quientessence (Firelands rep trinket), but with some of the spirit reforged into mastery. With the 880 spirit trinket and reforging you could have over 4k spirit - which probably would be overkill.

Ultraxion is a big mana drain as holy, but with 3k spirit I had about 25% mana left (after my SF+ HoH, pot, Mana Tide and another Priests HoH) by the time the blue buff comes, which meant mana was fine until enrage (dps fail...), but with fairly constant aoe healing needed I don't think it's viable to run with ~2k spirit as you would with Disc.

Basically as Disc Rapture gives you 7% of mana back every 12 seconds. Which with ~135k mana is about 9k, which if you proc every 15 secs (which means not perfect but decent rapture management) you gain about 3k mp5. Without that enormous regen boost holy needs a lot more spirit to be anywhere near comfortable, even with the +30% in combat regen from spirit via holy concentration.

Deleted
    In holy, I run with substantially more spirit than in my disc spec. This is exacerbated by my playstyle. My main changes at the moment is i swap my belt with one with spirit, and change my trinkets. The difference is i end up with an additional 1500spirit or there abouts.

After a few tries on a boss, if I'm seeing mana is not an issue, I change one of the pieces to a disc piece to regain some stats.

Thing is, I can cast a lot more frequently with lots of spirit, although the heals aren't as potent as they could be. I just have to ensure I have the balance of uptime and mana-regen right.

As for haste, I was overcompensating for quite a while by having like 16%+ haste unbuffed in holy. This is because in our 10man roster we don't have any +haste modifying buffs, except for a warlock, and that goes on a druid usually. Now we more regularly have +5% haste or similar, I've dumped some of that into mastery. This helps with mana also.

I don't have they luxury of full gear sets for both specs, but I try and limit what i need to change so i don't gimp myself trying to accommodate both.

If you run as disc, you can get away with a lot less spirit. Just watch your rapture cd closesly. The easiest way would be an addon. I use "Ingela's Rapture" for my disc alt and mana doesn't seem to be a problem mostly. I might have overkill spirit though at almost 3200, but i've never ended a fight in my limited experience in DS at less than 50% mana.

Yes, I could cut down on that a lot, but this is just an alt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maurypovich View Post
    If you run as disc, you can get away with a lot less spirit. Just watch your rapture cd closesly. The easiest way would be an addon. I use "Ingela's Rapture" for my disc alt and mana doesn't seem to be a problem mostly. I might have overkill spirit though at almost 3200, but i've never ended a fight in my limited experience in DS at less than 50% mana.

Yes, I could cut down on that a lot, but this is just an alt.
    Yes, I use Ingela's Rapture as well, and it feels weird to not be able to micromanage regen as Holy. Especially on fights like Yor'Sahj when you can "cheat" the mana void by saving up Rapture for that occasion.

The problem for me has been actually getting decent spirit pieces for Holy. FL wasn't exactly full of them (what is this Conqueror token you speak of??) , and in a raid which normally doesn't have access to replenishment or mana tide, you need to be able to sort your own regen out.

Deleted
    Disc and Holy Secondairy stats are more or less the same depending on ur Disc role.
    Disc PoH haste/mastery is the same gear set as u would use for Holy, only u need a tad more spirit on ur holy spec.

For disc and holy i would drop haste for mastery just dont go to low on haste if u use the same set for holy.
    Switch out trinkets for Spirit when u go holy, perhaps at first the Fiery Quintessence and the Spirit VP trinket till u get DW's Trinket.

I switch holy/disc regularly, on a fight basis (dualspecc ftw)
    but to do this, you will have to have a bit of a tradoff in terms of gearing...
    for the purpose of doing well with both speccs, I go Spirit > haste > mas > crit. (allthogh you can discuss about haste an mas)
    this works perfectly for me in 10m.
    I try to get offspecc pieces with no spirit, and go for haste > crit >= mas for disc only specc, because you don't depend that much on spirit as holy, thus don't need that much. (I love crit for tankhealing, but it's not that great when you can't fully gear for it I think)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkmesiah View Post
    Hi there , im in a bit of a pickle . i raid heal ten man as disc and ive looked at alot of people on armory and forum guides about Disc in 4.3 now my problem is i is see disc stats rangeing from people having 2000 + spirit , 7.50 % haste and 20 + mastry .
    I currently have 2200 Spirit , 2000 Haste (25%) raid buffed and 2025 mastery (19.30) . should i be droping my haste in favor of more mastery or are my stats were they should be . I do have Holy off Spec but havent raided as holy before , could these stats i have work well with both specs ?
    If any one could shed a bit of light on this would be most greatfull .

My Armory
    Cant say much for Holy tbh but as disc and healing 10 man i find Haste/crit to work way better that haste/mastery. In 25 man i would gues that mastery would be good but in 10 man mastery isnt worth it. The gain from mastery is maily for PW:S since the gain /mastery point for DA isnt that big tbh.

I currently have raidbuffed 1600 spirit, 26% haste, 27% crit and 12 mastery.