Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Loot holding for trades in LFR

Has anyone else seen this happen: Say a ring drops you want and someone with the same ability to roll on it does. They win. Cool. Grats. But wait...inspect them and see they have 2 397 rings already equipped. Wow, what a jerk move. /w them asking why they rolled on it. They reply, "Oh, in case something I want later drops I can trade for it." I personally think that's a jerkoff move. People are there to get loot just as much as the next. But to be that greedy is kinda pathetic, really. If only there were a way to see if a person had a superior item equipped already, it would make this a lot better.

Deleted
    Nope, they'd just equip worse gear and do it anyway. Won't solve anything.

The only thing that would solve this problem is: Dunnn-dunn-dun-dunnnn: People stopping being asshats. Now let's close this thread because there are a MILLION others like it.

Multiple times, that's what the LFR is. The LFR truly brings out the worst in people.

huh... thats pretty smart, I have to start doing that.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is lame ....

./does this
    I also bring guildies to roll on stuff, and random people from trade who are willing to sell their rolls.

If bad people are entitled to roll on everything, why shouldn't I minmax my chances at getting what I need?

If the end of the run occurs and I haven't been able to trade for a token/trinket, I give whatever I have obtained to people who performed well, and need the item. Much better than that guy who died / did 5k dps.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    yea it is pretty sad that people are complete anon jerks. but its a flaw of blizzards for having bad loots rules. mages ninja'ing agility items to vendor/DE is just sickening. there is no justice in this game.

Thanks for the advice m8

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Deleted
    Going in LFR for loots is pointless. My oppinion is people should go in there for the valor points, and if they get anything just consider yourself lucky, just as if you gotten an epic world drop.
    Seriously, if you want stuff join a guild, or learn to love the first few bosses on PuGs.
    Yes, i know mathematically we should get 1~2 loots per week on lfr, but remember three things:
    RNG hates, RNG thinks, RNG feels.
    More spefically RNG hates you, thinks on how to make you suffer and feels satisfacting when it succeds.
    All hail the Random Number Generator and place sacrifices on it's altar ! Gnome sacrifices.

LFR is suppose to be so anyone and everyone can see the content. so IMO LFR shouldn't drop loot at all. 500 VP is more than enough compensation for 2 hours of "work"
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by ayashi View Post
    RNG hates, RNG thinks, RNG feels.
    More spefically RNG hates you, thinks on how to make you suffer and feels satisfacting when it succeds.
    So so so true. I bring 4-5 guildie alts on the same token every reset, seen one token I need drop for my class. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwnpaw View Post
    huh... thats pretty smart, I have to start doing that.
    this, also lots of people just need on everything they can so they can sell it to those who want it, works pretty good

10+ Year Old Account
    When we run LFR as a guild, we all roll need on anything possible and give it out within the guild first.. if no one needs and one of the pugs can use it, we give it to them.

Lifes a bitch, then you die.

Quote Originally Posted by herpecin View Post
    LFR is suppose to be so anyone and everyone can see the content. so IMO LFR shouldn't drop loot at all. 500 VP is more than enough compensation for 2 hours of "work"
    Agreed x 10chars

I don't inspect those who win the rolls, I don't even look at their classes. Saves me some heartburn that's for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    i hit need on everything i can hit need on, and dont check the drops during the raid.

After its over and i zone out, i look to see if i won anything, its like playing the lotto.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ayashi View Post
    Going in LFR for loots is pointless.
    This. I just go LFR for the valor points. If I get some loot, great! If I don't, we'll see next week. Anyway my alts have nothing left to loot on the Caverns of Time, it takes roughly the same amount of time for the valor gain and I could get a few nice 384 out of it.

That being said, some people are really acting like jerks in LFR. And doing it for some epic pixels is just pathetic...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    Thanks for the advice m8
    Thanks from me 2 lol :x

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    So so so true. I bring 4-5 guildie alts on the same token every reset, seen one token I need drop for my class. Sigh.
    You think that's bad? I have seen dozens of loot for me drop in these 3 weeks. Guess my highest roll? 126... And I won a trinket with that roll... Then again, I play a ret pally so I'm somewhat used to RNG fucking me up!

Quote Originally Posted by aarrok View Post
    Has anyone else seen this happen: Say a ring drops you want and someone with the same ability to roll on it does. They win. Cool. Grats. But wait...inspect them and see they have 2 397 rings already equipped. Wow, what a jerk move. /w them asking why they rolled on it. They reply, "Oh, in case something I want later drops I can trade for it." I personally think that's a jerkoff move. People are there to get loot just as much as the next. But to be that greedy is kinda pathetic, really. If only there were a way to see if a person had a superior item equipped already, it would make this a lot better.

Awww man, I hate that shit! Don't you hate when you go through and top the DPS meters by a shit ton, then an item drops you REALLY want then everyone rolls, and someone else wins. You check, the dude was below the tanks on DPS and was alive the whole fight. YEA! THAT SUCKS!!!

Seriously though. QQ moar. People winning loot to trade is fine IMO, that way loots gets more evenly distributed instead of the same 5 shit players winning all the gear after being carried. I've done the first 4 LFR 3 times, and the 2nd set twice and have only been out DPS'd twice (Both times by guildies) across ALL the boss fights. I haven't won a single piece of loot, consistently losing to shit players in full 384 pulling 15k DPS. THAT is far worse than people trading for loot down the road to help ensure they get SOMETHING.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.