Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    ó. If you want loot 100% then either step up to normal modes with a guild so its organised or go into lfr with pretty much a set full raid to begin with. that way you can distribute loot easier.
    well im doing hardmodes atm so the first part is kinda set, but a lot of the items from LFR are upgrades to most of our raidmembers and as im in a 10man raid we cant do organized 25 man LFRS (believe me we would) so this is the 2nd best option to gear ourselves for hardmodes etc, and as a tendancy it's always the guy with the shittiest performance that wins ALL the loot so might aswell give ourselves a better chance, sure there's some collateral damage but still better than if someone who literally has no right for that loot with his performance won it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulthor View Post
    That's crap and you know it... Raid finder has it's own ilvl of loot ffs. It's for people who are always on the go and can't plan to be somewhere at a certain time... I haven't been able to raid at all since ICC until now just because of that I use to be a pretty hardcore raider so my lust for raiding is satisfied with this even though it comes no where near as close to raiding with a guild. Personally, I think blizzard did perfect with this.
    This is pretty much where I am. I raided hardcore 2 or 3 times a week on 2 or 3 different characters in ICC. However, since Cataclysm has come out I got married and have much more interesting things to do than staring a a computer screen nine times a week. If the choice is to take a cruise or to raid, I'm going on the cruise. If the choice is to go to Germany again or to raid I'm going to Germany. Now that I have things to do with my life other than raiding it is nice that Blizzard has implemented a system that allows me to raid when I'm not doing things. It is one of the only reasons I've returned to the game, and I settle for lower level items.

As far as fighting over items. That is why you play as a plate wearing tank and only have one other person to fight with on most items you actually need. Same goes for any non-cloth wearing healer.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

I can see where you are coming from. But for me personally i dont think its right to stop people winning loot via nefarious schemes! Sure the guy winning might be a baddie but hes got just as much right to loot it as anyone else. As long as its a fair roll. Sure enough if the guys a flaming troll and dieing/doing bad healing dps etc then id justify it. But if his numbers are lower than the raid then its a bit harsh imo.

doesnt matter regardless, loot problems have been here since the game ever came out, it will never go away. The latest system is the best they've come up with but theres always those willing to abuse it.

Quote Originally Posted by ayashi View Post
    Going in LFR for loots is pointless. My oppinion is people should go in there for the valor points, and if they get anything just consider yourself lucky, just as if you gotten an epic world drop.
    Seriously, if you want stuff join a guild, or learn to love the first few bosses on PuGs.
    Yes, i know mathematically we should get 1~2 loots per week on lfr, but remember three things:
    RNG hates, RNG thinks, RNG feels.
    More spefically RNG hates you, thinks on how to make you suffer and feels satisfacting when it succeds.
    All hail the Random Number Generator and place sacrifices on it's altar ! Gnome sacrifices.
    You wouldn't happen to know how many gnome sacrifices are required would you? I'm up to about 10 per week, RNG still hates me, and the guards in Ironforge are starting to look at me kinda funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez View Post
    This is pretty much where I am. I raided hardcore 2 or 3 times a week on 2 or 3 different characters in ICC. However, since Cataclysm has come out I got married and have much more interesting things to do than staring a a computer screen nine times a week. If the choice is to take a cruise or to raid, I'm going on the cruise. If the choice is to go to Germany again or to raid I'm going to Germany. Now that I have things to do with my life other than raiding it is nice that Blizzard has implemented a system that allows me to raid when I'm not doing things. It is one of the only reasons I've returned to the game, and I settle for lower level items.

As far as fighting over items. That is why you play as a plate wearing tank and only have one other person to fight with on most items you actually need. Same goes for any non-cloth wearing healer.
    hah so true going in as a tank is the best thing ever i rerolled to a blood dk just before cata to tank for the guild i was in. left the game a few months before firelands came out and only came back for LFR. I can get my raiding fix and i dont have to worry too much about things as im mostly going to lose to one guy (apart from tier items ofc being a dk its a mad rush to get the vanq items)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aarrok View Post
    Has anyone else seen this happen: Say a ring drops you want and someone with the same ability to roll on it does. They win. Cool. Grats. But wait...inspect them and see they have 2 397 rings already equipped. Wow, what a jerk move. /w them asking why they rolled on it. They reply, "Oh, in case something I want later drops I can trade for it." I personally think that's a jerkoff move. People are there to get loot just as much as the next. But to be that greedy is kinda pathetic, really. If only there were a way to see if a person had a superior item equipped already, it would make this a lot better.
    people just seem to roll need when the button lights up. on my mage i lost a roll for hands token to another mage (think it was hands, cant remember), so i inspected the other guy and he already had the LFR gloves equipped, so why on earth did he roll for the token if he already has the dam item! i whispered him, but he just didnt answer :\

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika View Post
    well im doing hardmodes atm so the first part is kinda set, but a lot of the items from LFR are upgrades to most of our raidmembers and as im in a 10man raid we cant do organized 25 man LFRS (believe me we would) so this is the 2nd best option to gear ourselves for hardmodes etc, and as a tendancy it's always the guy with the shittiest performance that wins ALL the loot so might aswell give ourselves a better chance, sure there's some collateral damage but still better than if someone who literally has no right for that loot with his performance won it.
    lol wut?

It's not "always the guy with the shittiest performance that wins all the loot." That's an absurd notion. Random is random.

You don't have more "right" to the loot than the person with low performance. In fact, if you're rolling on loot without planning to actually replace one of your gear items with it, I'd posit that you have less right to that loot over someone for whom it's an actual upgrade for.

I do this all the time. No big deal. I also run with a group of guildies who all roll on stuff and pass around.

Run with guildies or friends and LFR becomes a loot piniata.

Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    ./does this
    I also bring guildies to roll on stuff, and random people from trade who are willing to sell their rolls.

If bad people are entitled to roll on everything, why shouldn't I minmax my chances at getting what I need?

If the end of the run occurs and I haven't been able to trade for a token/trinket, I give whatever I have obtained to people who performed well, and need the item. Much better than that guy who died / did 5k dps.
    pretty much this. i inspect people with twice the gear i have doing half the performance in dps or healing. these people need all the time. at first i was being polite passing thinking people need the gear. the gloves are off now as far as im concerned if i think i might use it i need on it idgaf anymore. its not being rude, its being fair. why shouldnt i need on something i could use even if its similar in stats to what i have? do people honestly believe that a shaman in full tier dong 14k dps really needs to roll on the helm again?

Deleted
    get your guild raid make need and trade !
    if u cant its your Problem !

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is a weak and low practice but like others have sai the only way to fix it is for ppl to stop being asshats. If you win a piece you dont need and nothing drops you can be traded the item you won gets vendored or trashed. If integrity cost a dime it still wouldnt sell.

Why do you people feel entitled to choose who the loot goes to?? Who do you think you are?

Just play the game like a normal person would instead of being loot wh*res and thinking you're better than the rest of the players and thus think you deserve to choose who the loot goes to.

I'd be willing to bet ANYTHING that NONE of the people doing that stuff is coming nº 1 on charts. Most of you will be in a pathetic 10th place thinking that RNG and their class made the rest come out with better results.

Agi Vial trinket drops, ele shammy wins over 2 rogues and a feral.

2* 1h str swords of deathwing, ret wins, aswell as a blood dk (who uses a 2h obviously).

2*str stack trinkets and str shoulders drop of spine, some no enchant, no gem, no reforge ret that has int trinkets and an agi relic equiped wins all of them even tho he managed to jump of the boss @ fight start, only doing 10k dmg total.

before they changed the lfr loot rules i saw the following happening:

arms warr wins the shadowvolley on damage spell trinket

hunter wins the madness agi axe

rogue (with the DS dagger set 397s) wins str axe

mage wins the str aoe trinket

lock with legendary wins 3 madness weapons

and the list goes on.

LFR= "Looking For Re*ards"

Deleted
    I think they should tighten up the rule set for LFR a bit more, needing on something to only pass it to a friend seems unfair. Everyone should have the same chance.

Saying that, I have been seriously lucky in LFR, my main has 4 set peices and a trinket, and my tank a ring, belt and trinket

Deleted
    Not ashamed to say i've done the same, logged my prot warrior alt with my mates main, went in Ds lfr just to try get his 4 set (he had Chest and head), won both Prot leg tokens that dropped and the prot tier gloves, then my hunter friend won the tier shoulders he needed. Got his 4 set and 2 pieces for myself for off-spec, call me dick, but its what i'd call survival of the fittest, blizzard is allowing this, and 'alot more people in lfr are doing it' so why shouldn't i? I've also needed on items that i've won just to give to people i thought actually deserved it in lfr and not pulling 12k dps on Morchok.
    Last edited by mmoc72da514e05; 2011-12-16 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reverendball View Post
    running LFR completely useless for a good month or two
    4000 valor is useless?
    Me: Where are you?
    Them: In front of AH
    Me: Orgrimmar has five AHs
    Them: ??
    Me: Sigh. Are you in Valley of Lag?

With the way the LFR loot system is designed right now, I do this also. I roll need on what I can, then offer trades to people that won pieces I really want that may have lost the roll on. Nothing wrong with it in my opinion, but I am also the guy who at the end of the raid gives it to people that wanted it if nothing I want dropped... so I am a 'nice' @$$hole?

Quote Originally Posted by Pwnpaw View Post
    huh... thats pretty smart, I have to start doing that.
    LOL Agreed, time to start needing on downgrades

blizzard should've fucking better known better that 25 random people would not be able to police itself..

"it's doable.. so why not? it's not me being an asshole.. it's "clever game mechanics"

what a joke

I don't think there is anything whatsoever objectionable about Loot Holding with the intention of trading.

Why are the other players of your role entitled to a piece of loot just because you already have it, when by chance you could've just as easily have been a random person in the group that didn't have it? How is this any more morally objectionable than the fact that any yahoo who is lucky can win everything on every boss that they can roll on?

The bottom line is that if you're at the gear level where you're capable of even queue'ing for LFR in the first place, you're geared enough to actually take down bosses in the real raid. LFR is not a stepping stone to being capable of doing anything else whatsoever in the game, so if you're unlucky and don't win something, there is no real urgency other than it being analogous to getting stressed out because you need to harvest your strawberries in Farmville. Even if it took you the entire lifecycle of this patch to get all your relevant upgrades from LFR, there is nothing that doing that would in effect get you into progression-wise that wouldn't render LFR obsolete by virtue of the fact that you're doing it already.