Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    The more you keybind/macro, the less actual skill you have.
    just a very silly argument against that:
    if the most skilled person in WoW would keybind everything, s/he would magically lose skill?

good reasoning right there.

the sole reason we keybind is so we don't have to look for skills/have higher reaction time/obtain higher consistency.
    it's as easy to remember a keybind "shift 3" as it is to remember where exactly you put the corresponding ability on your bars.

all in all you will improve your uptime, consistency and reaction time by switching over to keybinds, not instantly because at first you will have no idea where you put any of your skills, but after a while it will become natural.

all in all, freeing up your mouse for TARGETING (even tho this can in most cases be negated by boss-specific target macros, which also improves your uptime, no joke) and PLACING ABILITIES (such as aoes because it is undoubtedly faster to already have your mouse at the place you want to place your aoe than go all the way over to your bars and back to where you want to place it) and ROTATING YOUR POINT OF VIEW is extremely important as you can't do either of those while clicking (unless you keyboard turn, and then you're a lost cause to start with).
    Last edited by mmoc63f6c1cc20; 2011-12-15 at 08:36 AM.

Get bartender or a similar addon. Makes it easier to key bind things first of all.
    And ofcourse, you really shouldn't bind everything. Bandages for pve is not needed for example (but may well be for pvp). Life-safers like vanish and ice-block is not needed to bind for pve either. So yea.

I must say I find it interesting that people are binding A-D to strafe, when you can just hold right mouse button and press default A and D to strafe, without rebinding them. Q and E should be used for cool stuff tho.

(I started with binding away 6-9, changing them to shift+1-5. Nowadays I don't even use 5 lol, so binded that away too.)

Picture in post 39 is awesome.
    GM of Roiyaru - Frostmane. Ilinára, Combat rogue. So good at stealth I can't even find myself.

ok i am a clicker, so what, i have played wow for almost 4 years now. and have played almost every class, and spec.
    i have tanked, dps'ed and healed. i perfer healing on my priest now, it seems to be my niche.. i did play a rogue for a 2 year at the beginning as my main, and i pvped, and even did arena got up to 1600 rating in 2v2 with a hunter back in bc. i tanked through naxx and ulduar back in wotlk and was keeping up till guild issues happened.
    and been healing on priest since the end of wotlk. i do both raiding and pvp on my healing girl. it wonderful.
    and all while being a keyboard turner and mouse clicker.
    why do people seem to think there better than us clickers. i can do all the same stuff in the game, granted im no elite. but i get the job done with no compliants. and i top the charts on healing, and rock disc in pvp/arena. so why are we consantantly being told we suck, or where noobs for being a clicker.
    granted i do use a healing addon which makes it easier. i just don't see a reason to keybind everything when almost every spell in the game as a global cd. ne ways. i just want to say clickers dont always suck or r noobs. its all a matter of how much effort u put into playing ur character. and what kinda attitude u have. there no point in topping charts if u gonna be a mean to everyone and look at everything in a negative way and say everyone else who does things different than u sucks.

stopped clicking just before TBC came out, weened myself off it by only clicking some cooldowns, then bound more things, eventually stopped clicking anything not used in combat often, food, hearthstone, professions, panes, etc. takes time but not a lot of time.
    Macbook Pro i7 2.66GHz OSX Snow Leopard Bootcamp Windows 7 Ultimate
    Mac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz 8GB DDR2 NVidia GeForce 7800GT

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikijaye00 View Post
    ok i am a clicker, so what, i have played wow for almost 4 years now. and have played almost every class, and spec.
    i have tanked, dps'ed and healed. i perfer healing on my priest now, it seems to be my niche.. i did play a rogue for a 2 year at the beginning as my main, and i pvped, and even did arena got up to 1600 rating in 2v2 with a hunter back in bc. i tanked through naxx and ulduar back in wotlk and was keeping up till guild issues happened.
    and been healing on priest since the end of wotlk. i do both raiding and pvp on my healing girl. it wonderful.
    and all while being a keyboard turner and mouse clicker.
    why do people seem to think there better than us clickers. i can do all the same stuff in the game, granted im no elite. but i get the job done with no compliants. and i top the charts on healing, and rock disc in pvp/arena. so why are we consantantly being told we suck, or where noobs for being a clicker.
    granted i do use a healing addon which makes it easier. i just don't see a reason to keybind everything when almost every spell in the game as a global cd. ne ways. i just want to say clickers dont always suck or r noobs. its all a matter of how much effort u put into playing ur character. and what kinda attitude u have. there no point in topping charts if u gonna be a mean to everyone and look at everything in a negative way and say everyone else who does things different than u sucks.
    don't get us wrong, you can play the game just fine by clicking, it's just not optimal.
    this is about optimization, not about preference.

play an enhance shaman for a lil bit. that taught me to stop clicking in a hurry

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by squid View Post
    Clicking loses a lot of your perception of in game events cause your trying to aim your mouse at your spells. It is also slower on reaction time of crucial things like interrupts. My advice for someone starting is just keybind 1-3 spells at a time, once you are used to using them, add more until all the spells you want bound are.
    this, except bind everything you use consistently (no reason to bind water and mounts pah, if you are hopping on and off mount just move spell to a bind button)

but bind everything, in comfortable area's on your keyboard(or naga - btw i really don't like the naga buttons to small)
    do that, but then what the guy i quoted said, work on 2-3, getting used to it,
    ACTIVELY try to not click those 2-3, then when you do, a few weeks of pve, maybe a day or two of pvp, then start working on a couple of others
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Deleted
    if u are a clicker you will not the raid performance like a keybinder ! its a fact

Deleted
    Get a Razor Naga and profit.

Quote Originally Posted by pyroadi View Post
    Trouble is I started gaming in the late 70's early 80's - thats a long time clicking.
    So you started gaming with buttons.. and have a hard time pressing buttons?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Protectus View Post
    Get a Razor Naga and profit.
    i got a razer naga , its not my`s . itried it and stayed by the keybindings

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by squid View Post
    Clicking loses a lot of your perception of in game events cause your trying to aim your mouse at your spells. It is also slower on reaction time of crucial things like interrupts. My advice for someone starting is just keybind 1-3 spells at a time, once you are used to using them, add more until all the spells you want bound are.
    What about the people that have to constantly look at their keys to see which button to press? Their eyes are completely off-screen a lot as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    What about the people that have to constantly look at their keys to see which button to press? Their eyes are completely off-screen a lot as a result.
    Why would anyone need to do that? Ever?

Alot of ppl keep sayin get a razer naga. What for really? If you have not ever bound anything, what good will those extra 12 buttons do really? The keyboard is more than sufficient for most classes binds'.
    GM of Roiyaru - Frostmane. Ilinára, Combat rogue. So good at stealth I can't even find myself.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pyroadi View Post
    Hi, my name is Pyroadi, and I am a clicker

Anyone else feel they should be a masher but cant make the switch?

And has anyone got tips on how to switch? as am finding it impossible.

Or are there any Locks completely happy being a clicker?
    Back in the days, I was a clicker myself. I tried to use the keyboard to "smash" buttons, but never got a hang on it. Then I found another "tool" I could use that worked out really well for me. I bought a gamepad called Logitech G13 which is a mini keyboard that works really well for me.

The point here is, look at other options then using your keyboard if that don't work for you. It takes time to stop clicking on everything, but if you stick with it, you will learn to be a keybinder :-)

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    That's why you have muscle memory, which lets you know where each of your keybinds are. If one needs to look at their keyboard to use their keybinds, one should probably practice typing a bit. Knowing how to type without looking at your keyboard is just another step to take(if the person who clicks doesn't already know how to). Heck, learning to type without looking at a keyboard is something that will benefit you in more areas than just gaming.

I have always clicked. Endgame tanking, healing and dps. I actually do both. half kebinds on my Naga epic and half clicking. They both are equal in my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UunaPriest View Post
    Why would anyone need to do that? Ever?
    So they don't press the wrong buttons maybe? I know of a shammy who pops Heroism or other cd's often out of the blue and then says "oops wrong button".

Quote Originally Posted by Adrex5794 View Post
    That's why you have muscle memory, which lets you know where each of your keybinds are. If one needs to look at their keyboard to use their keybinds, one should probably practice typing a bit. Knowing how to type without looking at your keyboard is just another step to take(if the person who clicks doesn't already know how to). Heck, learning to type without looking at a keyboard is something that will benefit you in more areas than just gaming.
    If you can't type without looking at the keyboard by like 8th grade, you have a problem.

Clicking is a lot tricker to do whilst maintaining concentration on the action compared to pressing keybinds, so not really buying that argument :S Your eyes go 'off screen' in the same way, except they are looking at a virtual keyboard in the shape of your bars.

Of course, it is personal preference but for me binding everything is far more efficient, faster and allows better play than clicking would for anyone.