T13 4 set bonus - bugged tooltip?

Hey.

I've got my 4 set bonus today, and done some testing. At start I was amazed by the results - it showed me 10% spell power as long as I have Soul Fire on, after the first soulburn.
    I thought there was a stealth buff for the 4 set or something, so I kept testing.

Apperantly it was only a bug, it kept showing me 10% more spell power than I really had, until Improved Soulfire effect went off.
    This is kinda annoying, I can't really know my current real spell power.
    It only happens with Destruction spec, seems fine for demo.

Anyone else having a problem with this?
    Last edited by Foundead; 2011-12-15 at 03:46 AM.

I was noticing the numbers being weird as well for destruction, so I went demonology, and my character sheet didn't actually gain any spellpower after activating it, but I was definitely hitting for more with the buff up.
    Member of the 4.3 Firelord club.
    The very mention of demon warlock as a tanking spec makes me vomit profusely, so please abstain from it.

WBC needs damagers, ELE/ARMS/FIRE needed most. Wendigobrewing.com to apply! 2/8 heroic 25m. 3 days, 4 hours a day.

the only problem I've seen with it thus far is if you are just standing around and cast soulburn you gain absolutely 0 spell damage on your character sheet, so you wind up with this 10sec buff that may or may not be doing anything.

Ye I kept testing, and it seems like a little UI bug or something - it doesn't update your spell power in real time. If you close your character sheet and open it again, you'll see the updated amount of spell power.

But the set bonus is working as intended, even if it doesn't show it.

I hate you. That is all

Quote Originally Posted by blgdinger View Post
    the only problem I've seen with it thus far is if you are just standing around and cast soulburn you gain absolutely 0 spell damage on your character sheet, so you wind up with this 10sec buff that may or may not be doing anything.
    Is that with you closing the character sheet and reopening once the buff is up? Sometimes the sheet doesn't update automatically. For instance on paladins the Truth glyph doesn't add 10 expertise to your physical sheet till you close and reopen, but it's there.

Doesnt work as demo.

Well, i tried this 4 set bonus on my destro spec and it seems to work fine.
    But then when I tested it with demo spec it didnt stack with Demonic Pact.
    I went even further and tested it with a elemental shaman with Totemic Wrath and again it didnt stack.

I opened a ticket to address the issue, but they still have no clue what so ever why its no working.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, that's not good if it's not stacking with wrath or demonic pact. Does the 4pc work right with Affliction at least? o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Is that with you closing the character sheet and reopening once the buff is up? Sometimes the sheet doesn't update automatically. For instance on paladins the Truth glyph doesn't add 10 expertise to your physical sheet till you close and reopen, but it's there.
    Good call!

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    Oh, that's not good if it's not stacking with wrath or demonic pact. Does the 4pc work right with Affliction at least? o.O
    It is working for Demo, and for Dest, and for Aff. The problem is only with updating the character sheet, if you re-open it, it will show you the bonus. But it's there.

Oh wait!

Tested again. It seems it is actually working with all specs. Did some tests with world of logs and my intellect was increasing.

Quote Originally Posted by iuhera View Post
    Oh wait!

Tested again. It seems it is actually working with all specs. Did some tests with world of logs and my intellect was increasing.
    Ah, good to know then. I take it that it's acting like the bug I mentioned above? The only other thing I can think is it's bugging out because it gives the same SP as Demonic Pact and the formula is acting wonky. That could be tested by having a demo/ele shaman in your group and you go as afflic/destro to test.

I haven't won tier yet on my lock to test these theories myself.