Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    Gotta say, you just defined strawman. You threw all of my arguments away, invented one that you liked, pretended I said something to justify it and then claimed that my argument is false based on above.

Here's some evening reading for you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strawman_argument

Now go read the relevant posts just a few hours ago in this thread and watch video linked by Kouki, which re-iterates the arguments.
    I have. Your arguments implied that they cannot, in any way, make Dynamic Events difficult because of the openness of the events and the random player factor (frostbolting jerk off in the back), seemingly ignoring that the events in the demo were scaled down in difficulty to accommodate demo players and allow Arena Net to show off their game, and the fact that Arena Net has designed their events with the possibility of failure in mind.

You also argued that Arena Net can't really make a difficult encounter because of your experience in the Elite areas of GW1, whereas they might not have been difficult for you, but for the vast majority they were.
    Last edited by Blznsmri; 2012-01-20 at 01:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellar View Post
    So thats the question. Should GW2 have raids. 10-25 people
    The only reason why I play MMO's is raiding so yes, it should have raids, otherwise I won't even buy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    tackhisis again you learned nothing from your ban, constantly ignoring what people trying to explain...
    Tackhisis has been banned nigh on ten times since "The One Thread (to rule them all...)" was opened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Technically there are raids.. technically. in Orr(Highest level area) there will be a up to 300 player dynamic world boss dragon that needs a minimum of 100 to be defeated. And it's not the only one like that but that's the only news we have so far, there are no instanced raids no, but you can look at every Big dynamic even as a world raid. And no they won't be like other mmo's open world bosses with few mechanics and really easy, you will need coordination.

ALSO, the people talking about being credited for participation in dynamic events, you must actually participate, the devs said you can't just sit there and heal someone or attack something every once in a while and get credit, if you do that they said you will get absolutely no credit, you must be actively involved to get any credit, but everyone involved will get credit(not counting the people that try to beat the system which won't be possible)

Edit: Also most of the dynamic events were tuned down for the demo's at the shows and such.
    Last edited by MKing; 2012-01-20 at 01:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krzysko13 View Post
    The only reason why I play MMO's is raiding so yes, it should have raids, otherwise I won't even buy it.
    Guild Wars 2 arguably does have raids with epic boss battles. Just not with constrained group sizes.

Yes.

Why not? I mean.. Im all in it for the PvP but I would not mind raiding every now and then

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    I imagine it's going to go in the same way LFR does. A lot of bitching, moaning, some people trying to play leaders and tell others what to do, some following them, some ignoring them, some actively resisting the orders and so on.
    Then hopefully they'll die a horrible flaming death and noone will ress them Faith in the more co-op gameplay style my friend.

Deleted
    That's why I called this topic a cesspool. I mean.. some people just don't want to reach any conclusions, they are only here for the sake of arguing. I totally can respect when someone says he prefers raiding or DEs are just rubbing him the wrong way - it's his opinion and has a right to express it.

But saying things like "DEs can't be difficult" etc, is stating a fact which in this case is just not true. You can't have a discussion with people who just throw around different statements without any facts to back them up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post
    SNIP
    Read my post.

Most DE's were severely undertuned when they were presented, you will get stomped in higher end DEs if you try them without coordination.

Quote Originally Posted by krzysko13 View Post
    then I would say, go somewhere else. You won't find instanced 10man raids in GW2. You will find other enjoyable stuff for big groups though, with much less exclusion and restrictions (e.g. gear). 5man dungeons are the hardest content in GW2 and these are very repeatable, with different paths and random dynamic events, so they won't get boring fast.

Quote Originally Posted by MKing View Post
    Technically there are raids.. technically. in Orr(Highest level area) there will be a up to 300 player dynamic world boss dragon that needs a minimum of 100 to be defeated. And it's not the only one like that but that's the only news we have so far, there are no instanced raids no, but you can look at every Big dynamic even as a world raid. And no they won't be like other mmo's open world bosses with few mechanics and really easy, you will need coordination.
    I'm sorry but don't spread misinformation, this goes against everything Arenanet stands for. That's simply not true, big dynamic events like elite events scale from 10 to 100 players. If you try to counter this, please add a source for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Guild Wars 2 arguably does have raids with epic boss battles. Just not with constrained group sizes.
    I won't call epic events raids, since most players tend to believe raids have to be instanced. The challenge is definitely there, just not in such a restricting and excluding organisation as raids used to be.

Deleted
    Read my post.

Most DE's were severely undertuned when they were presented, you will get stomped in higher end DEs if you try them without coordination.
    M8.. I think you've misread my post ;]. Possibly because of the fact that English is not my native language ;p.

Anyway, I'm for DEs and against raids. I just don't like how and where this discussion is going ;].

10+ Year Old Account
    SNIP
    Source: http://youtu.be/VMTs74eWBJ4

10+ Year Old Account
    I won't call epic events raids, since most players tend to believe raids have to be instanced. The challenge is definitely there, just not in such a restricting and excluding organisation as raids used to be.
    Raid:
    A raid is a type of mission in a video game in which a very large number of people (larger than the normal team size set by the game) attempt to defeat a boss monster.

That's the definition I'm going off of.

what are you trying to say??

edit: ah ok, I take a look at this asap
    Last edited by Maarius; 2012-01-20 at 02:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post
    That's why I called this topic a cesspool. I mean.. some people just don't want to reach any conclusions, they are only here for the sake of arguing.
    What helps me is TV infomercials. They'll be selling some overpriced piece of crap that "makes opening your fridge door a pleasure instead of a chore" and to demonstrate (ie lie about) how much of a chore it is, they'll show footage of some actor struggling to come to terms with the simple task of operating a fridge door.

So when I see posters who can't seem grasp the simplest concepts of GW2 game design, I think of the fridge door and remind myself, it's just an act.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the OP called it right from the start, this is a topic that can only spiral downward and is completely unnecessary as the developers have clearly stated there is not going to be raiding in the traditional sense in this game as it is completely contrary to the base philosophy of what they are building. If you can't accept that or don't enjoy anything but the conventional gear grind raid mechanism, there are tons of those MMO's already in existence, go play those.
    Last edited by Vlad Morbius; 2012-01-20 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    What helps me is TV infomercials. They'll be selling some overpriced piece of crap that "makes opening your fridge door a pleasure instead of a chore" and to demonstrate (ie lie about) how much of a chore it is, they'll show footage of some actor struggling to come to terms with the simple task of operating a fridge door.

So when I see posters who can't seem grasp the simplest concepts of GW2 game design, I think of the fridge door and remind myself, it's just an act.
    I agree what you mean, I don't like over promoted stuff... anything; Cars/Books/Movies/Games whatever, I feel like they need to sell it or they will suffer from a loss, so they convince people to buy the game. How many Skyrims commercials did you see? Practically none!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    I agree what you mean, I don't like over promoted stuff... anything; Cars/Books/Movies/Games whatever, I feel like they need to sell it or they will suffer from a loss, so they convince people to buy the game. How many Skyrims commercials did you see? Practically none!
    Actually i saw like 3 skyrim commercials in 3 hours while watching the history channel. http://youtu.be/w1AenlOEXao

@MKing, would you be so kind and give me the minute which you are referring on?

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps in the future of the game they will release larger scale organized content if the demand is still high after release (Don't knock 5-man hard core content till you tried it kind of thing). I certainly wouldn't mind it, but I wouldn't care if it never came to be either.

(This is a direct opinion to the OP, I didn't read the whole thread)
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)