Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ...
    I agree with you Fencers that the largest world DEs will not be epicly hard...because Anet want ppl to experience them and down them. You're likely right in that they will be co-op obective based, and that it's doing those right rather, or at least as well as, the standard mechanics of a big world DE boss that will ultimately lead to whether it's downed or not. Ur laser example illustrates that quite well.
    But who knows rly at this stage.

I also expect the larger DEs to not be done very often by ppl. It's more of a part of the story rather than a do it x number of times. There's no real reason to do these epic repeatedly ones unless u really enjoy the fight. We also don't know how often they'll happen, they could be part of the ones that happen every month of so.

Personally, I wish Anet would hurry up and show us some more of the dungeons. That's where they've said the hardest content will be. It's of course really hard to judge just how hard an encounter is just by observing it...but showing the explorables would help in showing ppl that there really is very hard content (in theory ofc lol).
    I'm going to cry like a little baby when Logan and Rytlock reconcile and have a glorious man-hug

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post

I also expect the larger DEs to not be done very often by ppl. It's more of a part of the story rather than a do it x number of times. There's no real reason to do these epic repeatedly ones unless u really enjoy the fight. We also don't know how often they'll happen, they could be part of the ones that happen every month of so.
    They probably will be the biggest supplier of Karma, would make sense that the toughest DE gives the most karma. But yes, you do DE's because you like them, not because of some other fake carrot. And that's just fine in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbanes
    Personally, I wish Anet would hurry up and show us some more of the dungeons. That's where they've said the hardest content will be. It's of course really hard to judge just how hard an encounter is just by observing it...but showing the explorables would help in showing ppl that there really is very hard content (in theory ofc lol).
    Agreed. Though I'll settle with just about any information right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vewen View Post
    They probably will be the biggest supplier of Karma, would make sense that the toughest DE gives the most karma. But yes, you do DE's because you like them, not because of some other fake carrot. And that's just fine in my opinion.
    I meant more that I don't think the bigger ones will be available that often...as in the elite ones. Shatterer etc aren't the highest. In that sense it won't be possible to really farm them...
    Not like it would be an advantage to either really...karma mostly being used for cosmetic things and all.
    That's something I'm actually not too sure about about - I expect we'll get more karma from a dungeon run than a DE...but I don't know excatly how this is broken down. I mean, uv got ur karma from participation, but what content gives more? Does karma from DEs increase as u level?

Agreed. Though I'll settle with just about any information right now.
    Think there's a big release tomorrow me is excited asura
    I'm going to cry like a little baby when Logan and Rytlock reconcile and have a glorious man-hug

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Think there's a big release tomorrow me is excited asura
    Let's hope for that -This Asura just got extremely excited

Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    It'll be another glorious piece to the puzzle of how we....errr....guide the other races

I don't know about others. But those major dynamic event bosses are close enough for me.

About instanced raids; No thanks.
    FC 2793-2016-8218 - Name: Suoma

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    I don't know about others. But those major dynamic event bosses are close enough for me.

Level 15 boss btw.

This seems relevant. (Don't think it was posted already, but then I didn't read the whole thread.

WoodenPotatoes arguing that basing difficult endgame content on 5 man dungeons instead of raids is a good thing:

Also known as Welcome on the WoW forums.

Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    Hope so too. Would be nice to come back from an exhausting exam and be cheered up with new information!

Quote Originally Posted by MIf
    big picture of badassness
    Beats Hogger in my opinion.

theres only 1 big question i have about raiding , well its about 5 man dungeons. We do these 5 man dungeons and gearing up but what are we gearing up for ( towards ) it seems to be completly useless to have these 5m dungeons and have no raids to follow up, what are we gearing up towards getting pve gear to do pvp that doesnt make sence lol, imo i think there should be raids in GW2 , they have 5m dungeons and no raids so what is it excatly that we are gearing towards , if its nothing then why add 5m dungeons at all , and as the 5m explorer dungeons they are way to easy
    Last edited by ironphoenix; 2012-10-07 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ironphoenix View Post
    theres only 1 big question i have about raiding , well its about 5 man dungeons. We do these 5 man dungeons and gearing up but what are we gearing up for ( towards ) it seems to be completly useless to have these 5m dungeons and have no raids to follow up, what are we gearing up towards getting pve gear to do pvp that doesnt make sence lol, imo i think there should be raids in GW2 , they have 5m dungeons and no raids so what is it excatly that we are gearing towards , if its nothing then why add 5m dungeons at all
    you're gearing up for explorer modes

lol 22-01-2012

so were doing 5m explorer dungeons to gear up for explorer modes that doesnt make any sence to me , you can do these dungeons naked

Quote Originally Posted by ironphoenix View Post
    so were doing 5m explorer dungeons to gear up for explorer modes that doesnt make any sence to me , you can do these dungeons naked
    did we do MC back in 2004 to gear up for MV in this expansion? of course not

explorer = heroic mode and require more coordination than any normal mode raid i've seen from blizzard since sunwell. it is what it is, crying like a big baby won't change it. the point of an mmo is to waste time

Holy thread necro.

Also I was so on the money about everything in this thread. Incld., the overblown "level 15 world boss" hoo-ha that followed in the weeks since. Sweet, sweet vindication! I'm da best. ;p

But more seriously, holy thread necro. Closed.

--Fencers