FPS issues, suggestions?

Hey there guys, I need help figuring out my fps issues.

In the beta i was running with 25-30 fps if i remember right, with all the settings between medium and high. Now I can't get above 10 or 11 fps with everything on low, with my average fps around 7.

I have an Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT, AMD Phenom 9750 Quad-Core, 4 gigs of ram, and win7 64-bit. With these specs I shouldn't have a problem running the game but its horrible, indoors i get 5 fps outside i get between 7 and 11.

I tried the trick that seems to be working for some people where you turn everything up to high and then shadows off, this didn't effect my fps at all, didn't go up or down. If nothing else, by logic my performance should have gotten worse.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

also i've tried posting this on the main forums a couple times, bioware keeps closing it and saying that another thread, which is on a completely different topic, has already been started on this subject.

Deleted
    Only thing I can think of is the obvious stuff, if you haven't already tried. Make sure no other apps are running in background. Make sure your drivers are all up to date.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a weird issue during beta where I tried to turn my graphics down to get better performance and it actually made things worse. This may sound stupid, but try turning the graphics up. The only reason I can think of why that would be the case is that turning your settings down forces your video card to render graphics twice - once for the normal med/high settings, and again to bring them down to low settings, and it doesn't make any sense to me why BW would do such a thing. But, turning things up improved my performance in beta, you may want to give it a shot.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

Quote Originally Posted by gualdhar View Post
    I had a weird issue during beta where I tried to turn my graphics down to get better performance and it actually made things worse. This may sound stupid, but try turning the graphics up. The only reason I can think of why that would be the case is that turning your settings down forces your video card to render graphics twice - once for the normal med/high settings, and again to bring them down to low settings, and it doesn't make any sense to me why BW would do such a thing. But, turning things up improved my performance in beta, you may want to give it a shot.
    No no no.
    Beta had this silly bug that Low/Medium on the texture settings were actually High, and High was Low.

Something I read on the swtor forums was to turn all graphic settings up to max and turn shadows off and adjust from there.

A lot of people said it made a huge difference, so worth a shot.

*edit*

Not the same post, but it says about the same thing.
    http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=23111
    Last edited by Kabria; 2011-12-15 at 06:05 AM.

Perhaps it isn't an issue with the game - maybe it's a hardware issue, like overheating... have you checked in that aspect?

Quote Originally Posted by gualdhar View Post
    There is a bug where turning things to low will not take, it actually sets them to high by default even though the default settings appear to be lower. Set them all to High, hit apply, then change them back down to where you want them and it will take.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also, turn off shadows. Yes someone has mentioned this, but I feel it important to repeat to the OP, turn them off entirely. There should be at least a 10-15 FPS jump, which should make the game somewhat playable at least, it did for me. Will have to do til I have the funds to build my own pc.