High End raiding. Class decision making.

So i'm one of the first players to join a high-end guild that we just made, and wondering what i should be playing. Right now we have 5 people( we started yesterday), and i have to decide what specc/class i will be playing to help the raid. But even more let me enjoy the game to it's fullest without draggin the raid down.

It stands between(keep in mind that all are equally geared):
    Holy paladin
    Retribution paladin
    Fire/arcane mage

What we have in the guild so far is:
    Prot palla
    Prot warr
    fury warr
    shaman(not sure what specc)
    Me.

I know it's up to me, but i find both interesting and fun to play(i have knowledge of all the specs of course!), so i guess what i need is some "Pointers" in why i should play a mage(fire/arcane) or why should play paladin(holy/ret).

In advance, thanks.

Any suggestion at this point would be pure speculation. Wait until you have a full raid comp before making a decision. Holydin is great for instance, but if you get two of them you won't need a third. Prot pala/war is also great, but not if you already have two and missing something else that you can provide. Not only for raid buffs, but also for a wide spread on the loots, an issue many 10-man guilds struggle with. Planning is very important.

I also suggest checking up on what comp your alt raid has, since if you consider yourselves high-end, you all will have at least one fully geared alt each.

You also didn't mention if you're planning on going 10-man or 25-man. Since you mentioned only 5 people in the guild, I'm assuming 10-man. When forming a new serious 10-man raiding guild, you need to factor in a lot of stuff. If you only have one person who can provide bloodlust, for instance, you need to make sure he has 100% attendance. You also should plan a backup. If a tank can't attend, you need to have a versatile enough comp so you can compensate without a major loss in raid efficiency. Will you only raid with 10 people, or will you rotate more than 10 people? If you only go with 10 players in the core, do you have decent enough backups that can attend if someone in the core can't? Same goes for other buffs as well. Planning is extremely important. But in order to do it, you need to see the full picture.

Picking your own class in a 10-man affects so much more than just the raid comp. Only knowing 5 classes without providing information about anything else is asking for complete speculation, and the best answer you really can get is "whatever you like the best", which is a terrible suggestion if you don't mind playing something else that'd benefit the guild a lot more.

this is our comp and we've been fairly successful with it.

prot pally
    prot warrior
    disc / H priest (depends on fight)
    Resto druid
    Resto Shaman
    rogue
    Boomkin
    Deathknight
    Fire / Arcane mage (depending on fight)