Poll: How much are you willing to spend?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I'm probably not gonna buy the CE but If I were i'd pay something around 80€ for it. But please don't give preorders and stuff early access. That's just not fair.

Early access is a ridiculous thing to include in a CE. It ruins the excitement of the initial entrance by thousands of people within the first half hour on the first night.

100 bucks is fair for me, the 150 for some is just plain greedy and silly imo.
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    If the CE had the benefits of the TOR CE, then I'd pay about that price again for GW2 CE. 100-150 seems to be the norm. 200 CE would need to have something exclusive I felt was worth it.

-Early game access
    -Beta access
    -Exclusive mounts/pets
    -Exclusive armor/weapons
    -Leveling bonuses
    -VIP areas
    -Housing bonuses
    - Wings
    - Divine Aura

That type of stuff.
    ^ that.

Figure about $100US or so. Same as most. Don't really care for physical knickknacks. Not gonna hang a Logan <3s Rytlock poster in my living room. LOL

I think $100 is fine to be honest. But it all comes down to what is in the box and what it's really worth. In Australia our games are over-priced as fuck so it's expected we'd pay about $70 - $80 for the standard edition and ~$100 for the Collector's Edition.

But I do think ANet deserve all the money I can give through the actual box purchase. I'm proud of them and certain GW2 will be the shizzle.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I get into the beta and I like the game from there I'll most certainly get the CE, if it's under $150. I don't think I'd get it without playing it first though (unless it's only like $30 more than the normal edition).

Quote Originally Posted by Khanjin View Post
    If I get into the beta and I like the game from there I'll most certainly get the CE, if it's under $150. I don't think I'd get it without playing it first though (unless it's only like $30 more than the normal edition).
    The next beta phase after this current weekend (press beta) will be Open Beta / Demo release which is in March / April

Quote Originally Posted by Khanjin View Post
    If the Collectors Edition is limited in quantity (I suspect it will be), by the time you get into any beta that may be coming, it may be too late to get your hands on a copy. I've had 2 CE's (one for me and one for my wife) on backorder with a deposit paid for the last 3 months, and confirmation that my order is 1st in queue for any copies that arrive. Why so early and far in advance? I am absolutely convinced that I am going to kick myself in awkward places if I don't get the CE - despite not yet knowing what's in it - but am so sure it'll be worth it.

Deleted
    Usually the collector's editions here in the Netherlands are between 70 and 80E, I think GW2 will be no different.
    And yes, I'm willing to spend that amount of money

I'm hoping for a digital deluxe type edition. Assuming the CE box will have physical goodies and in-game stuff...unless the physical goodies are goodies I want, I'll just want the in-game goods. Often The digital specials aren't more than 80 euros...I voted 80 but I guess I could see myself going till 100. Kind of depends on how close D3, MoP and Darksiders 2 are as I plan on getting the D3 and MoP CEs too.

Deleted
    To be honest, I have been sucked into buying collectors editions in the past, and maybe it's that I have grown up a bit now, but I don't really feel the need any more.

Some super special shiny item that shows you paid more when the game first came out isn't really worth that much respect. If you want it for fun then that is a good enough reason, but it's nothing more than that.
    Last edited by mmocb1023c3147; 2012-02-19 at 03:37 PM.

If it has as much things that I like as I did for the SWTOR CE then I'll gladly pay $150 for the collectors edition of GW2.

I went with 80, normally that's around where CE's are from what I've seen, but I wouldn't say no to 85. Very excited for this game but probably wouldn't go more than 100 for collectors.

Quote Originally Posted by gw2fan View Post
    To be honest, I have been sucked into buying collectors editions in the past, and maybe it's that I have grown up a bit now, but I don't really feel the need any more.

Some super special shiny item that shows you paid more when the game first came out isn't really worth that much respect. If you want it for fun then that is a good enough reason, but it's nothing more than that.
    It's all how you personally value your money. I'm a gamer, my lady is a gamer, and to us those extra dollars spent on some extra cool rewards are 110% worth it to us :]

---------- Post added 2012-02-20 at 03:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nealath View Post
    I went with 80, normally that's around where CE's are from what I've seen, but I wouldn't say no to 85. Very excited for this game but probably wouldn't go more than 100 for collectors.
    I can't even see it being over 90$ retail. I'm thinking around 85-90 including tax.

My limit of limits is 150, but i would prefer the CE would be around 100.

100 billion dollars!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    If the CE had the benefits of the TOR CE, then I'd pay about that price again for GW2 CE. 100-150 seems to be the norm. 200 CE would need to have something exclusive I felt was worth it.

-Early game access
    -Beta access
    -Exclusive mounts
    -Exclusive armor/weapons
    -Leveling bonuses
    -VIP areas
    -Housing bonuses

That type of stuff.
    Pretty much dead on for my feelings on it, the shit I get would have to be really cool too. But at the same time, I love Arenanet so much that I'd pull a Fry and scream "SHUTUP AND TAKE MY MONEY!".

10+ Year Old Account
    Starcraft 2 CE: I'd pay up to $400 for it.

Crappy CE's like Assasins Creed, Call of Duty, Diablo 3 I won't pay more than $80.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    100 billion dollars!
    I'll take it!
    You have change?

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I'll take it!
    You have change?

Accepts cookies?