Thread: Camera behavior

Camera behavior

Most know the semi-annoying camera behavior where it pivots to frontal view when you release the mouse button, if you use your mouse to look around while running.

That I was trying to get used to, but an hour or so ago instead of just the camera pivoting... I run, I click my left mouse button to look around and when I release it my characters turns around looking in the direction the camera was when I released the button... mighty annoying.

I don't know if I accidentally hit a shortcut and caused that behavior or it is a bug.

Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Try resetting your interface options to default or reloading your UI. To reload your UI it should be Ctrl+U but hit it twice.

Theres an option trying to think what its called... Sticky Camera or something agh not much help i know.

I tried ctrl+u didn't work. It is very very annoying atm.

Toccs thanks but the option you say does another thing.

---------- Post added 2011-12-15 at 04:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    Try resetting your interface options to default or reloading your UI. To reload your UI it should be Ctrl+U but hit it twice.
    I am guessing that like CTRL+U is not mentioned anywhere, I hit some similar shortcut by mistake and changed the camera behavior.

you cant disactivate "smart Camera" (wow terminology) in Swtor, no matter what you do it will always try to make the camera angle be behind you

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitan View Post
    you cant disactivate "smart Camera" (wow terminology) in Swtor, no matter what you do it will always try to make the camera angle be behind you
    You probably didn't read my whole post. I know you can't... BUT now instead of it going behind me when I release the mouse button my WHOLE character turns and NOT the camera, which is even worse than before

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Have you tried restarting the game and your PC? I know it sounds retarded but you never know.

I would offer more help but I can't login to check the interface options to get really nitty gritty with help.

Quote Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
    You probably didn't read my whole post. I know you can't... BUT now instead of it going behind me when I release the mouse button my WHOLE character turns and NOT the camera, which is even worse than before
    ok i misunderstood what you were asking, sorry

Have you tried restarting the game and your PC? I know it sounds retarded but you never know.

I would offer more help but I can't login to check the interface options to get really nitty gritty with help.
    I just tried relogging, but I will try a complete exit from the game, you never know as you said.

---------- Post added 2011-12-15 at 05:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitan View Post
    ok i misunderstood what you were asking, sorry
    No worries mate

---------- Post added 2011-12-15 at 05:30 PM ----------

Culadin to the rescue, a complete exit from the game fixed it, thanks