Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

SSD and multiscreen questions

Hey everyone,
    I'm planning to upgrade my current system with a second monitor and an SSD, i do have a few questions regarding those and it would be super to get an answer on these questions here.

dual monitor setup
    I'm planning on buying a Samsung Syncmaster t22a350 screen. However i have never had a multi-monitor setup and i have some questions regarding this: Will it be possible for me to play a fullscreen game on one screen and have a browser open in another? Do my 2 monitors get seperate desktops? how does it work exactly? Will i need special software? How do i switch between monitors?

SSD
    I'm planning to buy a 180-240gig SSD for storing BattleField 3, Skyrim, a few Adobe products and Windows. I noticed that there are PCI EXPRESS SSD drives out there, was looking at the OCZ revodrive and read some great reviews about them. Are they that much faster compared to normal sata SSD drives? are they worth the price difference?
    A friend of mine told me OCZ hard drives have lots of issues with bluescreening etc, is that a known fact or does he just have bad luck? Are there any 180/240 gig SSD drives that you guys would recommend?
    Last edited by volar; 2011-12-15 at 05:25 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thinking of buying 2 Corsair force 3 120 gig and put them in raid 0 then instead of buying a PCI-express OCZ 240gig. My motherboard only supports sata 2 though and the corsair force 3 seems to be sata-3. Will this make a huge difference? will i be bottlenecked alot? Will a 2x 120 gig in raid make a huge difference in performance over a 1 240gig SSD?
    Thank you for your fast reply synthaxxx!

10+ Year Old Account
    On your dual monitor setup question:

I find it to vary from game to game, how they treat the other screen, it usually revolves around: the other screen stays black, all windows are pushed halfway out between the screens, it minimizes all windows so you can only see the background.

The best thing is if you can run the game in "Window mode: Maximised" just like if it was maximised- that way you are free to move between the minitors with your cursor as well as the other monitor is always on and tidy
    Quote for reply