Deleted

So, I have a pretty old configuration...

I'm not a big gamer usually (I only played WoW until now and some older games here and there) and I have a configuration that's a few years old.

Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 2.20GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 320MB
    4GB RAM

Will I be able to run this game at 1280x1024? And at which settings? Thanks in advance.

You will be able to run it, but I wouldn't enjoy it with such specs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncano View Post
    Shit Oh well, whats done is done. I've already preordered it.
    I hope I will be able to run it on low/medium without much lag. I'll try and pick up a new rig soon if I like the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncano View Post

How would you know what the OP would or wouldn't enjoy? You realize people still play Mudds dont you?

OP: Yes you can run it and run it just fine. You will need to tone down a few things, but a buddy of mine is running almost the exact same rig accept he has the GT not GTS and his runs fine with the proper graphic tweaks.

I would recommend picking up a 460GT when you have the cash, they are fairly cheap right now and it will allow you to play with almost everything on high.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    How would you know what the OP would or wouldn't enjoy?
    He didn't say the OP wouldn't enjoy it, he said he, himself, wouldn't enjoy it.

Deleted
    How would you know what the OP would or wouldn't enjoy. You realize people still play Mudds dont you?

OP: Yes you can run it and run it just fine. You will need to tone down a few things, but a buddy of mine is running almost the exact same rig accept he has the GT not GTS and his runs fine with the proper graphic tweaks.

I would recommend picking up a 460GT when you have the cash, they are fairly cheap right now and it will allow you to play with almost everything on high.
    Thanks for the tip. The thing is, WoW runs really well with everything maxed out except the shadows so I hoped I could get by.

Looking into 460GT now. I might pick it up before the 20/12.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IsaacM View Post
    I'm not a big gamer usually (I only played WoW until now and some older games here and there) and I have a configuration that's a few years old.

4GB RAM

Will I be able to run this game at 1280x1024? And at which settings? Thanks in advance.
    with that system it will be easily playable and it might even play decently on medium settings. i'd guess around 30-40 FPS on medium. 1280x1024 is a fairly low resolution so i'm betting it will still be enjoyable for you. of course it could be much much better, but i've seen far worse configurations run the game.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah you should be able to play on low to medium settings with 30+ FPS. Just turn shadows off and make sure your video card is updated / dust free.

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacM View Post

4GB RAM

My backup PC is about the same specs, but I've got a 8800GTS 768MB video card and a 2Ghz processor.

I was able to run it at 1600x900(windowed) at medium setting in the beta and had no real issues. Granted, I didn't do any flashpoints so your millage may vary.

10+ Year Old Account
    How would you know what the OP would or wouldn't enjoy? You realize people still play Mudds dont you?

He didn't say OP would or wouldn't like it, he said HE wouldn't like it.
    “The Jedi…the Sith…you don’t get it, do you? To the galaxy, they’re the same thing; just men and women with too much power, squabbling over religion, while the rest of us burn.”-Atton Rand

I'm going to admit that I'm a little lost when it comes to computers, parts, ect. I understand enough to know that my current system simply can't run SWTOR. I'm eyeing another computer for that glorious time when I actually have money to spend. It should be fine in all spec's but I really can't tell one video card from another. The computer I'm looking at has an AMD Radeon HD 6450 (1 GB)....seriously, will I be able to play SWTOR with that card?

10+ Year Old Account
    I was able to run it at 1600x900(windowed) at medium setting in the beta and had no real issues. Granted, I didn't do any flashpoints so your millage may vary.
    I've heard a lot of people complaining on my server that they were able to run the game on High on Beta and were having problems on release running in Low, so I wouldn't take Beta performance as a reliable standard.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    I'm going to admit that I'm a little lost when it comes to computers, parts, ect. I understand enough to know that my current system simply can't run SWTOR. I'm eyeing another computer for that glorious time when I actually have money to spend. It should be fine in all spec's but I really can't tell one video card from another. The computer I'm looking at has an AMD Radeon HD 6450 (1 GB)....seriously, will I be able to play SWTOR with that card?
    On low settings at a low resolution.

For AMD based Radeon HD graphics cards the series to look for is HD6700 and up. For NVIDIA Geforce based graphics card you want the GTX550 Ti and up.

Yea you can run it but the reflections and lighting/shadows are really beautiful in this game it's a shame you want get to see any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by TorinD View Post
    I've heard a lot of people complaining on my server that they were able to run the game on High on Beta and were having problems on release running in Low, so I wouldn't take Beta performance as a reliable standard.
    Yeah, rumor is that the graphic engine was scaled somewhat back during beta. I'm not in yet to know for myself, but I will adjust accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    On low settings at a low resolution.

For AMD based Radeon HD graphics cards the series to look for is HD6700 and up. For NVIDIA Geforce based graphics card you want the GTX550 Ti and up.
    I can handle playing on "low" setting until I can afford to replace the card. Playing on "low" is better than not playing at all, which is the current case.

Thank you for your help.