Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Mmmmmm queues.....

Lots of Queues on the servers as im writing this in the EU 30 min est time to wait ! Doh ! Hope this dont happen to often :P

They are only going to get longer. More players are being added to the servers daily. I think more than half the playerbase will not be preorders and will all flood the servers on launch day.

They will be bring more servers online soon.. idk why they are waiting so long tho
    LFG is like a playground. the idea is great but retarded kids ruin it for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyskato View Post
    Is it bad that I think that Draenei fan art is really hot?
    fap fap fap
    What?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HonestJohn View Post
    Lots of Queues on the servers as im writing this in the EU 30 min est time to wait ! Doh ! Hope this dont happen to often :P
    It is early game access. Assuming you have never experience an MMO launch queue times are expected on highly populated servers for at least the first month.

---------- Post added 2011-12-15 at 12:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by OtisJay View Post
    They will be bring more servers online soon.. idk why they are waiting so long tho
    Probably because they haven't even finished early game access.... Christ the game hasn't even been released.

Quote Originally Posted by HonestJohn View Post
    Post a screenshot of your que wait in the "Early Access Post a Screenshot!" Thread, We wanna see all pics of the game in the early stages!

They had a ton of new servers last night that they were showing off line. But they didn't seem to bring them on yet. Hopefully they get them going for you EU fellows!

Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    ...Probably because they haven't even finished early game access.... Christ the game hasn't even been released.
    ...why would they wait to bring more servers up during early play? btw they just added a few more servers 2 hours ago..
    LFG is like a playground. the idea is great but retarded kids ruin it for everyone.

fap fap fap
    What?

If they add too many servers then once the intial rush and free first month are over, you we'll end up with various low pop servers. Not good. Yes the queues suck (I spent 15 minutes of my hour play time in one last night), but it's better than having a bunch of decrepit low pop servers a few months from now

Yes im pretty pissed about that also. If there are queues they should slow down the early access.

I'd love a 30min queue. Right now I'm looking at 60-90 min >_>
    What's also fun is that if you get disconnected you can start all over again.

Last edited by Doylez; 2011-12-16 at 06:56 PM.

im sat in a que over 1000 bout an hour wait it says grrrrr...what i get for starting on the 13th lol

Browsing over Dev posts they have been adding servers as well. 21 since yesterday by my count. Probably about half euro and half US

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OtisJay View Post
    and that is going to help people stuck on a full server how ?
    this is only going to get worse with launchday closing in and quite frankly unacceptable that this is allready happening during the pre launch since it clearly indicates the servers can't handle the amount of players.
    Guess I won't be subscribing till i hear this is solved.

This is just the way it goes for MMO releases. What I don't understand is why they did the whole thing with the early release waves. So basically TOR launch is just like Rift launch except TOR has more pissed off customers since they used waves instead of letting everyone start at the same time.

Just like Rift, they'll probably have to allow server transfers. Since TOR assigned servers to guilds, they can't really use the excuse of "you should have rolled on a new server".

Deleted
    thought they said there servers could each handel over 100k players ? or did I read that wrong ?

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    thought they said there servers could each handel over 100k players ? or did I read that wrong ?
    I've seen that number thrown around, but have yet to see an official source on that.

Judging by the number of servers they have, I'd say 100k would be far fetched. I'd guess each server can hold around 5k at most online concurrently

Quote Originally Posted by Bubalus View Post
    and that is going to help people stuck on a full server how ?
    this is only going to get worse with launchday closing in and quite frankly unacceptable that this is allready happening during the pre launch since it clearly indicates the servers can't handle the amount of players.
    Guess I won't be subscribing till i hear this is solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerendfs View Post
    If they add too many servers then once the intial rush and free first month are over, you we'll end up with various low pop servers. Not good. Yes the queues suck (I spent 15 minutes of my hour play time in one last night), but it's better than having a bunch of decrepit low pop servers a few months from now
    did you see what i did there??
    and the ppl starting to play from today & into launch day are not very likely to roll on a full server with a queue.. it would be very unlikely to get worse..

fap fap fap
    What?

Deleted
    2 hour 20 min queue here crrryyyy.

What can they do about it though? If there's a lot of people that plays during the first month only and they put up too many servers they'll end up with a whole bunch of low population servers once the subscription numbers stabilize. If that happens won't they just suffer greater backlash later when people complain about that which gives an unfavorable view of the game to the general public? Server merging seems a bit tricky too since it'll give the impression that the game is dying causing more bad press, right?
    I'm not saying that's what it's like since I've never played any mmo at launch and won't be able to try this game out until late January or February but it's the impression I've gotten from reading threads about it. It seems like there's bound to be trouble and trying to fix things at a steady rate rather than doing too much too fast seems to be the lesser of two evils.
    My impression could be completely wrong though. Perhaps anyone who's more experienced with this sort of process could explain how this would best be handled?

I'm sitting atm in a 2h 10min que.

Its not fun, but I have enough experience to know it will not last forever. It is just normal mmo start. It is always crowded at this point. Also lets not forget about how many preorders this game has. This is a bigger mmo start. At least the servers work quite well once you actually get in. If anyone remembers wow start there were longer queues what swtor has now AND constant server crashes and dc. Fun times. This is actually good compared to that.
    Last edited by Morae; 2011-12-16 at 09:47 PM.