Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Palisis View Post
    In their post they didnt say you'd get all the benefits of readID, just the communication aspects of it. With realID you can bg and dung together.
    You'll probably be able to do everything you can via real id through battle.net id except maybe some facebook stuff. This was one of the most requested features when real ID was coming out. This is basically for those that want the benefits of real ID but don't feel comfortable giving real life details to people.

how is this different from realid?

10+ Year Old Account
    In their post they didnt say you'd get all the benefits of readID, just the communication aspects of it. With realID you can bg and dung together.
    Using the restroom should probably be done separately.

What is a Battle.net BattleTag? the opposite of anonymity, post something on forum, get flamed ingame, cool

And I quote from the FAQ:

"BattleTags will add a new way for you to make friendships and communicate in World of Warcraft. For example, you'll be able to create cross-game, cross-realm friendships with your BattleTag, similar to the way Real ID works now. We'll have more details to share closer to the feature's launch."

What exactly would be the point of a cross-realm friendship if you can't do ANYTHING with it?

10+ Year Old Account
    It sounds to me like BattleTag should replace Real ID, and I'm not sure what good it does to have the two systems coexisting separately.

Quote Originally Posted by Quesly View Post
    You don't give them your email and they don't see your real name. Its basically just a xrealm friends list you can use to do dungeons and bgs together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charagon View Post
    It's kinda sad that the most interesting dungeon content idea Blizz has come up with in years is an April Fools joke.

This is basically a rename of Real ID...wtf is the point of this waste of development resources. Jesus christ blizzard doesn't know where to put their priorities anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was a strong proponent of letting users pick their own name for display in Real ID rather than using the real name.

While I"m not sure why Blizzard is providing this in a separate feature rather than adding to Real ID, I'm still thrilled that it's being worked in.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    This is basically a rename of Real ID...wtf is the point of this waste of development resources. Jesus christ blizzard doesn't know where to put their priorities anymore.
    Because now you don't have to give away your real name and email to people who you'd like to talk to across different realms or games. And yes, it is just a rename of RealID, so no, it wasn't a waste of development resources. This was one guy copy/pasting code over.

Also, why don't you cancel your sub? It'll really show Blizzard who's boss!

Quote Originally Posted by Quesly View Post
    It doesn't seem to be... except that it coexists with RealID.

It should overtake and replace RealID, but ... won't? I don't know what Blizz is up to here. How many logins, IDs, tags... and crap do we need?

Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    Hmmm... Isn't it kinda late for this?
    Better late then never :P

Maybe it finally occurred to them that there are some people you want to be friends with and play Blizzard games with, etc. but you don't necessarily want to give them your email address and real name.

Having this and RealID side by side isn't bad by any means, it just doesn't make much sense. It will just end up confusing people.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really seeing the big difference here I guess. So, you can see who's online playing what game...alright...how exactly is that different from battle.net's rID save the fact that it doesn't use your real name (unless you put your battle tag as your real name).

Deleted
    Dear Blizzard . It seems you are obsessed creating a kind of social network and in the end (probably) facebook-twitter integration . Guess what . We don't give a damn . Actually when I play the game I want to stay anonymous . I don't want my boss to see on my profile whan mmorpg I play . Your target is completely different then mine , your client . I repeat . I f..n want to remain anonymous . Stop trying to invent new ways to resurect the real ID

surprised by all the positive comments on this

Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    Dear Blizzard . Actually when I play the game I want to stay anonymous . I don't want my boss to see on my profile whan mmorpg I play .
    Thats the entire idea behind this, you do get that right?
    Using this you can add someone that you met during a LFG/LFR/BG without them knowing your real name.
    This does exactly what you claim you want.
    And yet you complain.
    Really.

Deleted
    I don't want unique ID-s. I want multiple ID. Other in each game. I don't want my wow guild to spam me to come to raid when I play Starcraft or Diablo . Give me at least "appear offline to all" option .

Nice!! clicks link
    An error has occurred. Back to Battle.net Account Management
    Ha! GG Blizz

Deleted
    Now happend exactly what this guy (the one who leaked the name of expansion in february 2011 and no one belived him ) said will happend more then 1 month ago : REAL ID 2.0 incoming : http://daeity.blogspot.com/2011/11/y...-prepared.html
    So, what was the purpose of Real ID in the first place?Targeted advertising.Back in July 2010, Blizzard had planned targeted advertising within Starcraft 2. They entered into a contract with Microsoft's Massive Inc. to deliver in-game advertisements within Starcraft 2.Coincidentally, this was also around the same time that REAL ID was announced. Real ID caused a scandal and it failed, and then within about a month, Blizzard cancelled their contract and pulled the plug on their Microsoft partnership and SC2 in-game advertising. It's almost as if in-game (targeted) advertising was dependent on the Real ID system. Having a constant flow of 10-20 million players per day and access to a very sophisticated targeting advertising platform, Blizzard can reap a MASSIVE amount of profit by entering into the advertising business. (Targeted advertising is bigger than most people realize. It's where Google's immense wealth came from.)Their first in-game advertising attempt failed due to Real ID "1.0". But, now they have Real ID 2.0, and a new monster to deliver in-game advertising
    A certain type of game would be needed to accommodate in-game ads. Something that matches our real world more closely; a modern world, with virtual billboards, radio, and TV. And that brings us to Titan.Titan is rumored to be similar to Second Life, it will have a lot of characters (NPCs) within it, there are a large number of environments, and it might have more of a real (or modern) world feel to it. If so, a world like this would be perfect for in-game ads and linking real world items with in-game purchases or vice versa. (RL ads to get you buying virtual items, and in-game ads getting you to buy RL items.)A lot of this can be done through a Real Money Auction House, which you can bet will be implemented in Titan if the D3 testing is successful. Titan would be perfect for a large quantity of items, homes, or furnishings that can be created or sold. Personally, I don't think there will be houses or land for sale, but I do think there will be a large number of vanity items that can be crafted or sold for real money.(Even if there are multiple environments, like the historical and ancient cities that have been hinted at, advertising would still be possible whether they're at a certain hub, meeting place, or even in these environments depending on suitability.)

I think it's all part of a greater plan. Like Blizzard said, Titan is their most ambitious project ever. And all of these systems or strategies are very easy to implement, they're practical, and they're highly lucrative. Diablo 3 and now the REAL ID 2.0 is only a testing ground for Titan. It's just going to take a few years of nudging players into the right direction and adjusting their personal level of acceptance. You can call it "manipulation" if you want.. the description is apt.

We're being prepared for Titan right now, and one thing that needs to happen is gamer acceptance. Now the mechanics to milk us our money are being implemented 1 by 1 .
    Last edited by mmoc1e4c5b7903; 2011-12-15 at 11:43 PM.