Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Today's player loves the convenience of LFD and LFR. You can't turn the clock back to Vanilla WOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    Today's player loves the convenience of LFD and LFR. You can't turn the clock back to Vanilla WOW.
    For good reason.
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    We arent talking about WoW here on these forums, we are talking about LFD / LFR for Starwars: ToR. And please leave this thread, everyone knows you are the biggest wow fanboi on these forums, and you troll more than anyone.

And SW:ToR is not aimed at luring "Today's Player" and should not cater to the LFD / LFR crowd

Discuss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayden View Post
    I call BS on this.

It is a breeding ground for asshats and fails. Keep it within a single realm then we can talk.
    No, they were already asshats and fails long before LFD and LFR, they're just more noticeable now.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Deleted
    And SW:ToR is not aimed at luring "Today's Player" and should not cater to the LFD / LFR crowd
    Where do you have the official source claiming that?

I see the LFR/LFD as a nice alternative to guild runs. It's all about the mindset of the player, don't blame the tool.

Classic/BC, I knew over the half of my server. Today? I know my guild + a few...

And groups was formed within 10-15min back then if not faster. May be I was on a lucky Realm/Guild...

But LFD within a realm, id like!

Anyone saying "LFD SUCKS! I WANT TO GET GROUPS ON HERE AND MAKE FRIENDS" must have some heavily rose tinted goggles on.

Yeah, these were terrible mistakes on the part of Blizzard and totally destroyed server community. Bio should learn from Blizzard's mistakes and never implement this. LFD / LFR are breeding grounds for fails
    Guns don't kill people. People kill people. Remember that. LFD / LFR didn't kill the community. The community killed itself.

Deleted
    If there wasnt any gun , ppl could kill others ?
    LFD in the same server , is kinda a nice tool , just i hoped i would work till 25 lvl , and inv after that , ppl that u have in friend list or from the guild
    Last edited by mmocbeb563a6f8; 2011-12-16 at 12:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shitcook View Post
    If there wasnt any gun , ppl could kill others ?
    Not quite sure what you meant, but people were killing each other with great efficiency long before guns were an idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Deleted
    My english sux a lot

Before LFD , u needed 50 min -1,30 hour to form a group .
    When the istance ended , u friend-list the ppl .
    The second time , u had already 2 ppl from the previous group , while u need half the time to find a healer and a dps this time .
    The six or seventh ++++ time u could make a group istandly by having 3-4 tanks from ur friend list or ur guild , or 8-9 kind of any class .

None is forcing me to use LFD atm , while i can still make a group with the old fashion way ?

Tried, but the results are extremly pitiful
    me:LFG 3 ppl for hc istances
    anonymous1:Are u mad bro
    anonymous2:ahah u noob , use LFD
    anonymous3:not sure if serious

My only expanation , is that LFD(cross server)+anonymous = gun that istantly killed the community , and give them the opportunity to behave as they want

Restricting to a single server can cause LONG wait times. However if they did server clusters for Flashpoints, like Battlegrounds and the Battlegroups, I think you would see wait times reduced significantly, while still managing to preserve server community to some degree.

I agree, the dungeon finder in WoW has bred ninjas, and elitist pricks who boot you if you're not geared up yet. It has placed less reliance on guilds, but it does allow for different play styles.

I was always kind of a loner. Never in the same stage as my guild due to odd work hours. I still liked chatting with them, but I didn't want to be restricted from runs just because I had to work when they were raiding. I like the idea of being able to log on, join a PuG Raid that doesn't take hours to assemble, and log off in a reasonable amount of time. Unfortunately that's not so common on my server.

I would like to see Cross Realm groups implemented based on Real ID. I have so many WoW Friends scattered across different servers and guild mates who have transferred, and I'd love to play with them all, but I don't feel like starting all over, or paying $25 a pop for each of my 10 different toons. Also, the idea of being able to add cross realm friends wouldn't be such a bad idea either.

What's the difference between spamming general chat for a group and LFD? I don't see one.

Deleted
    I dont have problem with LFD from the same server
    Just the problem again , it might get too much istancecraft , single player mode
    <<faster faster with the istance , i want to get some sleep>>
    <<kick X(person) for low damage , hes stalling us>> = reason for kick , in the box <<LOL>>

A fresh vanilia start , i think it will be the best , or force them to join a guild >create party from members
    Last edited by mmocbeb563a6f8; 2011-12-16 at 02:49 AM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiing View Post
    i dont mind lfd but lfr isnt really needed i guess
    LFR allows Blizzard to expand end game content cheaply and quikly.
    It allows more players to experience raiding
    It provides better value for MOST of the player base
    It allows players who (for whatever reason) are unable to commit to a raiding schedule to raid
    It acts as a training ground allowing players to learn raid mechanics

Against this.....it is tuned for PuGs and players unused or inexperienced at raiding and who don't know each other. This last part also means its likely a cakewalk for any experienced group of players, so the fact they find it easy is of no consequence.

As things stand, the fact that it expands the potential player base and so maximises Blizzards investment is a huge benefit as it means the same content satisfies more players.

Money talks...LFR will be a very likely addition to SWTOR in the future.

EJL

Honestly... ToR may not have cross-server capabilities atm but grouping up for a FP or OP is stupid easy. You don't even have to leave the fleet, all the portals that lead to different dungeons are pretty much in the same area.

I dunno, to me it's pretty much already too easy. I wouldn't mind LFR/LFG/LFD.

---------- Post added 2011-12-15 at 09:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Barrowmore View Post
    What's the difference between spamming general chat for a group and LFD? I don't see one.
    This.
    /10

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    LFR no thanks.
    LFD that only pairs you up with people from your server yes please
    This'd be ideal.

I like the LFD and LFR on WoW, but I don't want them in the same state on TOR.

LFD with same-server only would preserve accountability for actions since if you act like a douche, players could call you out on it and the server community would know to avoid grouping with you.

I don't know if that was is point, but Jayden is totally showing us why SW:TOR seriously needs LFD and LFR asap.
    I'd rather be grouped with random anonymous strangers than being stuck having to play with arrogant, immature guys like him over and over or reroll on another server hoping that the community isn't made of douchebags.

And I don't know which servers you guys played on, but I've been on Zul'jin ever since day 1 back in Vanilla and the server never was as tightly knit as you guys make them out to be, there were as many ninjas and idiots as there is right now and no one actually kept tabs on who was good or bad, no one really had any form of reputation, and finding people for your groups was already hard enough that you weren't going to refuse anyone even if that person was a total asshat.
    Last edited by HellShogun; 2011-12-16 at 03:26 AM.

I remember the days before LFD, running a dungeon was an absolute nightmare especially if you were below max level. It took forever to form and god help you if someone had to be replaced. Your rose-tinted glasses memories of WoW's mythical past as a loving caring community full of wonderful people <<<<<<<< the hideous agony of pre-LFD. I seriously doubt that making a game horribly inconvenient in any way guarantees a better community.

If you hate LFD so much... well why don't you premake dungeons? Nobody's MAKING you run LFD. Surely if you know all these people on your particular server who are always at your disposal ready to do a dungeon at any particular level, with all the right specs and classes, who are such awesome community members then you'll have no problem forming a premade right? Oh right you don't... because that would take forever to form and be a horrible experience...

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    LFR no thanks.
    LFD that only pairs you up with people from your server yes please
    This ^ for sure.