Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Discussion about it is fine, but the discussion in this thread started turning sour. As long as people remain polite about it there's no problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vMoPPy View Post
    I'll enjoy the game right at release when everyone is generally considered a 'baddie', and everyone is learning new things as the game progresses. :P
    Of course I will too, but there will always remain some "baddies" as we call them, who can't get better, who won't take help from us, who just, in our eyes, are trying to ruin our experience by being so bad, But they can't help it.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    What kind of player are you talking about? The "baddie" as the OP described, or assholes who refuse to learn? If they're assholes who refuse to learn and blame everything on the game, then yes, I hope they give up too. If they're just unskilled players without a clue, then they should be fed information. It's always a rewarding feeling to help players out and see them grow. I've made quite a few WoW friends this way, all who've ended up becoming phenomenal players.
    I always offer my help and support to those who desperately need it and I agree that people should be given the opportunity to learn. However I am not okay with people refusing to realize that they are the problem and stat demanding game changes to accommodate their laziness or their inability to learn.

Deleted
    I thought there won't be clear healers and stuff, so you basically heal yourself for most part except some classes which can throw an aoe heal once in a blue moon but if you don't heal yourself, you're dead so... if they don't learn how to be hybrids from start they won't like the game since they'll die all the time.

---------- Post added 2011-12-20 at 04:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    They said they have a counter or some sort of mechanic that tracks each player there. If someone comes in and just goes "AFK" in the middle of it, then he/she won't get squat because of the lack of/no effort put into the DE. So it will be like if they never even showed up. Which I like because that was one flaw in Warhammer Online's public quests that was flawed.
    Could be similar to Rift but more polished since in Rift for example if you're at a rift and don't do stuff to help every phaze... you don't get anything or get some really crappy reward.

Seriously, the game isn't even out yet. Are we really starting to demean and look down upon other players already?

I play WoW, handling all the individuals as they come along...I do NOT worry about "baddies" or anything like that, since a "baddie" might not be as good or interested as me in this game, but might have tons of other qualities that really matter outside the game...

If I encounter someone struggling in GW2, I will do what I do in WOW...I'll teach and guide if they want to accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Seriously, the game isn't even out yet. Are we really starting to demean and look down upon other players already?

I play WoW, handling all the individuals as they come along...I do NOT worry about "baddies" or anything like that, since a "baddie" might not be as good or interested as me in this game, but might have tons of other qualities that really matter outside the game...

If I encounter someone struggling in GW2, I will do what I do in WOW...I'll teach and guide if they want to accept it.
    It's a very real issue that people will have to deal with in any multiplayer game, so the game doesn't need to be out to begin discussing it. I generally do the same thing as you, but if someone is ruining the group because they can't pull their weight (and they should be able to at that point), I'm going to get annoyed. That and the fact that half the time in games when I offer up some advice to someone who is struggling, I get rewarded by insults about how I need to L2P, stfu, stop being a tryhard, don't tell them how to play the game ect. I don't like being polite and helpful to others only to be rewarded with shit.