How will Bioware do content patches?

Does anyone know what type of plans Bioware has in store for content patches? Do you think they will be similar to WoW's with the release of a new PVE raid with some class balancing and PVP changes, or will they focus more on providing completely new features to players that were never there at launch like non-rail space combat as an example. (This is not me saying that rail space combat is bad, just an example of something that is not in the game at this time.)

So, how do you think Bioware will approach content patches, will they give us new raids, new features, or what? And will they come out on a frequent basis or will there even be any content patches at all? Opinions please!
    STD's are BOP

There was a recent interview with one of the developers.

They talk about regular content patches. Just like in WOW.

I like the rail combat, it is hard to find any games like that anymore and I am bad at not crashing into the ground on flight sims.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceshaman View Post

Ewww.

WoW's patches are slow compared to other games.

The first content patch for SWTOR will be its most critical. How well they address bugs/issues and most importantly add more end game content. Once players level cap, they have to keep us interested in the game long term. Unfortunately, that's been a major thing that previous MMO's or competitors to WoW have failed at doing. I would assume that Bioware has recognized this and has something in the works already.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceshaman View Post

Yeah honestly, WoW is horrible when it comes to timeframe. Would prefer something more like Rift.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Yeah honestly, WoW is horrible when it comes to timeframe. Would prefer something more like Rift.
    Problem is the VO, but I expect that BioWare will be able to throw in a patch at least every 2 months.
    Scratch a cynic and you'll find a disappointed idealist - George Carlin (1937-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    From James Ohlen, it sounds more like rift, frequent patches adding any number of things.

Shit, they wanna add more to the first tier of ops within a month so, 3 ops in first tier minimum sounds better than wow already

Deleted
    Well if it's like Mass effect or Dragon Age it will be good.

Like Dragon Age... you mean not solving huge issue like memory leak and keep on releasing content, that you have to pay?
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads