Question Color Crystals & Light/Dark Side

Ok so, I've tried searching the forums but maybe my wording is fucked up, so the search engine doesn't know wth I'm talking about.

Basically, I'm wondering if you can only equip certain color crystals (lightsaber crystals, wtv) based on your Lightside / Darkside points. I've heard rumors that you can only equip new (not whats given to you at level 10~) Blue and Green crystals if your over 1000 light side points. Or 100. Can't remember.

I've also heard that Purple and Red is exclusive to Dark side characters, and Orange/Yellow are neutral.

I'm hoping to God I've heard wrong, I'm a Windu kinda guy myself and I really would like to swag out mah Shadow with a purple crystal.. Though I'm trying to be a good little boy. I guess if I have to be dark side thats fine, but I would hate to be pure lightside and turn out not to be able to equip certain colors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it is true. I've done some artifice leveling and you cannot equip a red crystal if you are considered Level I lightside (1200-1500 lightside points if I recall). The reverse is true for blue crystals (DS points 1200-1500+ cannot equip blue crystals). I don't know about the other colors yet. If anyone else knows more please chime in.
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

Unless it's changed since the Beta, there are no color restrictions. Both my sith characters had green/blue color crystals.

The only locked out colors are Blue Green (Cant use if you are Dark side 1 or above) and Red (cant use if you are Light 1 or above) all the other colors are free to use

The only ones i am not sure about are the Blue black and Red black colors they might be locked too

So purple, orange and yellow are available for both light and dark?

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    Unless it's changed since the Beta, there are no color restrictions. Both my sith characters had green/blue color crystals.
    no they changed it, right now darkside 1000 points cant use Green or Blue, Lightside 1000 cant use Red. Haven't been able to figure out the restrictions on the other colors yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I remember in the beta, Green/Blue are for light side, and Red/Yellow were for dark side. I'm not sure on the other two colors, but I wouldn't be surprised if they had restrictions as well.

This is why my inquisitor will be morally grey, I can equip whatever crystals I want.

I'm not sure about all of the crystals, however there are restrictions now. For my Sith Warrior, I had to be DS1 to use a orange lightsaber, but then could not use either blue nor green. Also cannot use red when you're LS1. 1000 points is the first cutoff, so after 1000 net DS points, you cannot use blue nor green.

Edit: Just double checked, the restriction was only for the lightsaber itself, and you do not have to be DS1 to use orange. Sorry for the misinformation.
    Last edited by Shiromar; 2011-12-16 at 05:19 AM.

I wish there were some info on SWTOR website that would clearly state all of this.. le sigh

Source: I am an Artifice.

-The only colors that are restricted are Red, Blue and Green.

-In the case of Blue/Green, the restriction is not that you have to be Light I to use Blue/Green. You simply cannot be Dark I or higher. You can be Neutral and use any Crystal. I used a Red Crystal on my Sith Warrior at the neutral stage.

-There are more colors than Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, and Purple.