The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

R.I.P. Star Wars Galaxy

Like it or not, the game that was in many ways a stepping stone for ToR is over. Let it's death stand as both a fond memory and warning for all current and future games.

http://kotaku.com/5868648/goodbye-star-wars-galaxies
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    I regret not playing it, since from what I've heard it had a lot of the features that I'm eager to see in more recent MMORPGs, player housing being one of the most notable.

I remember having the game in my hands when it was new, considering wether I should buy it or not. I ended up putting it back in the shelf though and quickly forgot about it. It's always something special when an MMO dies, I wonder how it will be when WoW finally meets it's last day. I know I will be present for that one for sure!

Probably the most unique MMO out there, I will miss it (at least, I have missed the pre-CU version of it for years now). Really wish the SWGemu project was finished

star wars galaxies was the best mmo i ever played. at least before they screwed the world up so badly.

so for me it died a long long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Meewec View Post
    star wars galaxies was the best mmo i ever played. at least before they screwed the world up so badly.

so for me it died a long long time ago.
    Same here. Maybe check out the SWGemu?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskra View Post
    I remember having the game in my hands when it was new, considering wether I should buy it or not. I ended up putting it back in the shelf though and quickly forgot about it. It's always something special when an MMO dies, I wonder how it will be when WoW finally meets it's last day. I know I will be present for that one for sure!
    Players all around realms will keep large memorial just before servers are put in to their final sleep...

Galaxies are fine actually, it was a good, fun time, some of the mechanics were ridiculously bad though. I would rather play galaxies with it fixed up a bit then TOR anyday...