Can someone give me a truthful impression from te beta?

Hello everyone. I'm considering picking up SWTOR shortly after launch (expecting pc upgrades in a week or so) and I was wondering if I could get some impressions from the beta. I still want to play WoW, and I'll probably sub on and off to SWTOR, should I choose to get it. Please don't suggest that I quit WoW. I have been unable to find many impressions that really talk about much, so I figured here was a good place to check.

Ok, so what do you want to know? I enjoyed the story in quests of SW:TOR a lot more than I enjoyed the story in WoW. The graphics are smooth and beautiful, action is pretty crisp on the Bounty Hunter and Sith Warrior I played. Classes could use some work because they are a little static, and the companion system is fun. As for operations, I didn't get a chance to do many but they seemed fun, but not on par with WoW (Obviously). I'll be playing both.

well where can i start.
    1. combat is really smooth and it feels really fluent. every time u press an attack it feels like your actually doing that attack. pretty much every spell has its own animation.

2. the story is just incredible. i mean you get lost in the game from just doing normal quest. since everything is voiced over it feels like you are actually in this world talking to this guy about to ask you to go kill some dudes.

3. the Flash points(dungeons) have meaning. where you actually have a missing not just go in and kill all the bossed with out know why the hell u are there besides getting loot.

4.the Advance class are very unique from each other (besides the mirrors of the factions). each class has its own play style that is different from its the other Advance class of the same class (for example and Imperial agent with AC Operative plays completely different from one with Sniper AC).

5. leveling actually takes time but it doesn't matter because of reason number 2.

i mean yea its just like wow were u lvl up and go do end-game but its a new world, new story, new game so its going to be breath of fresh air.

Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrotemplar View Post
    3. the Flash points(dungeons) have meaning. where you actually have a missing not just go in and kill all the bossed with out know why the hell u are there besides getting loot.
    I would just like to defend WoW real quick, dungeons have storylines, all of them from Classic all the way to Cataclysm. You just need to actually get the quests and do the questlines up to that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well what class/advanced class spec would you want to play? Lightside? Darkside? I've mostly got experience with Jedi Sentinels, Commando Troopers, Mercenary Bounty Hunters and Smuggler Scoundrels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Quote Originally Posted by hologram View Post
    I would just like to defend WoW real quick, dungeons have storylines, all of them from Classic all the way to Cataclysm. You just need to actually get the quests and do the questlines up to that point.
    Obsidian Sanctum, great storyline, especially all the way from lvl 1 to 80 when you going each day following this questline)

I didnt like the beta.
    Dont get me wrong the quests were AMAZING, but i felt like the worlds were tiny and it didnt feel like an awesome open world to explore.
    WoW in my opinion is superior in every way except in quests.

I also enjoyed Rift much much more than SWTOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Editos View Post
    you can't debate with a game that sends you dragons via mail

I enjoyed beta to a point. Once I hit max level on it, there wasn't enough to do. There only wasn't enough due to the fact there were so few max levels and majority of the max level content wasn't in the game yet due to early builds. The game is built on the story while leveling.

It is a good game and was worth my money. I'm not you, so not sure if I can give a "go buy it" thumbs up or anything.

If you love WoW and see no problems with how the game is now, don't buy ToR. If you are at all annoyed with some aspect of WoW, give ToR a shot. At the very least it will pass some time til WoW Xpac.

Deleted
    I am now playing the Early Access of SWTOR, and to be honest, I love it. The Crafting System is the first in a mmo that gets me to use it. xD

The Quests make the leveling Process like a movie, the Flashpoints are fun, especially with Guildmates.
    And overall the game runs pretty smooth even on my bad system.
    The Movement looks weird the first 5-8 lvls, but getting gear makes the movement look better.
    I don't know why this is, or maybe I just get used to it but it really seems to become smoother the more gear you get ^^

Game is awesome so far, i played a warrior in wow for 6 years now i play a sith warrior juggernaut and i can related most of my abilities to wow abilities, charge and gain rage, sunder armors, piercing howls. trinkets. heroic strike , whirlwind, I kind of like it.

I played a game of hutt ball at first i hated it bad and i felt pvp was out of control and unbalanced and not fun, I gave it a second try at level 11 after learning more about what i can do and i actually loved it a lot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Homies View Post
    but i felt like the worlds were tiny and it didnt feel like an awesome open world to explore.
    Let me guess: You dingend lvl 7 in Beta and the world was not huge enough... As soon as you have seen Tatooine you woul have seen how huge the worlds in TOR are...

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeXan View Post
    I played a game of hutt ball at first i hated it bad and i felt pvp was out of control and unbalanced and not fun, I gave it a second try at level 11 after learning more about what i can do and i actually loved it a lot.
    PvP right now is people just spamming buttons and seeing what happens. I was exactly like this too my first time. After a few weeks PvP should feel more fluid and controlled as people get to know their abilities better.

Let's just hope they don't add arena in, ugh.

Thanks everyone, these were more helpful than most stuff I've read. Probably gonna buy it, and see how I like it after the first month.